[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions fans

Front Row

Short of enacting a law requiring their opponents to field an all-girls team, there isn't much the Legislature can do to help the Detroit Lions win football games.

But state Rep. Leon Drolet, R-Macomb Township, has a couple of proposals to make fans happier: A) let them start buying their booze at dawn and :D allow them to wave signs calling for the firing, impeachment, dismemberment, etc., of management.

Drolet calls his legislation, introduced Tuesday, the Sports Fans Bill of Rights.

He said committee hearings could begin next week. :D

link

I often ask myself why the Lions always sell out even with the crap that we see year in and year out. Nice that this "legislation" is being propsed at re-election time. Who does he think this piece would impress? Lions fans show up no matter what. Part of the blame is on the fans since we keep going to games even when we are unhappy with its direction (especially with Millen). Hell, there is already people calling in and saying that a QB change needs to take place :D . We voice our opinions on the radio but still show up for games.

I often ask myself why the Lions always sell out even with the crap that we see year in and year out. Nice that this "legislation" is being propsed at re-election time. Who does he think this piece would impress? Lions fans show up no matter what. Part of the blame is on the fans since we keep going to games even when we are unhappy with its direction (especially with Millen). Hell, there is already people calling in and saying that a QB change needs to take place :D . We voice our opinions on the radio but still show up for games.

Amen.

If you can see my avatar, that's me (holding the sigh w/Matt Millen's face crossed out) participating in the Angry Fan/"Millen Man" march last year...at the behest of my wife, no less. They're awful...but the fact that they still sell out every game is proof that Detroit is really a football town more than anything. If we ever even made it to the Superbowl, Detroit would ERUPT! :D