[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Jackson is going to be a clear #1 Receiver?

Bree22

This is from the espn sportsnation today at 1pm. Has any homers heard this statement from Belicheck? If so when does he expect to get Mr Jackson involved?

Joe (Boston):: Whats your thoughts on the theory that Bill Belicheck thinks that Chad Jackson is going to be a clear #1 Receiver, so he didn't mind letting Deion Branch go to Seattle?

Keith Kidd: (1:24 PM ET ) I don't see how you question anything Bill Belichick has done since he has been the head coach in New England. Although, I do think the loss of Deion Branch is going to catch up to this team offensively at some point this season, if the running game is shut down and they turn into a one-dimensional passing team. But I wouldn't second guess Belichick. He's a Hall of Fame coach and his record proves it.

What are your thoughts on Chad Jackson as a sleeper based on this?

Bill Belicheck thinks that Chad Jackson is going to be a clear #1 Receiver

What's the time frame? This season? Next? In three years? BB never states when this expectation will come to fruition, so as long as it happens SOMEDAY, he can say he was right and media types will agree.

If he thinks so highly of him becoming a #1 THIS YEAR, then how come he was inactive in week 1? Unless I missed something and he was hurt...

What's the time frame? This season? Next? In three years? BB never states when this expectation will come to fruition, so as long as it happens SOMEDAY, he can say he was right and media types will agree.

If he thinks so highly of him becoming a #1 THIS YEAR, then how come he was inactive in week 1? Unless I missed something and he was hurt...

He was hurt, and was hurt all pre-season too. He wowed every player and coach at mini-camps and camp before getting a hamstring injury. He could be back this week, more likely next week.

I can't wait for Chad to get on the field, i think he was the best WR in the draft, not sure why he fell down the draft board, but I still feel that way. I picked him up very late in drafts and would like to at least use his as a bye week filler if he could start to produce.

I can't wait for Chad to get on the field, i think he was the best WR in the draft, not sure why he fell down the draft board, but I still feel that way. I picked him up very late in drafts and would like to at least use his as a bye week filler if he could start to produce.

I agree with this, although the WR's available in the draft were somewhat down overall. He may need a little time when he gets back, but he could be good.

I thought so too. Speed, good hands size. He's like a taller Branch. Let's see if he can make the field.

1. He is a rookie WR

2. He is a rookie WR who is hurting

3. He is a rookie WR who missed a lot of training camp and the first two games (most likely out Sunday)

So while he should improve as the season goes on, and I LOVE his long term potential, this season I can't see him being a real force. And at the very least certainly not until later in the season even if he does turn into a playable WR at some point.

hmm...

from a fantasy prospective , you huddler pros think he has more value then say a J Horn or a D givens?

Right now, no. As season goes along, perhaps, but no WR has ever been a true FF #1 in NE. Even at his best Branch was a #2/Flex WR

hmm...

from a fantasy prospective , you huddler pros think he has more value then say a J Horn or a D givens?

No of course not, but has more upside eventually than Givens because Brady will throw to him.

He has little value now but will have more long term. If you have room stash him on your bench.

He has the most value in a keeper eague.

I don't know how the post text comes close to descriping the post title, am I missing something? :D

Some fan asks in a live chat if Belichick let Branch go because he thinks Jackson can be a #1, and the reply doesn't confirm that theory, in fact states the obvious, that the offense will suffer this year.

If anything, the plan was probably to have Jackson be the #2, replacing Givens, with Branch the #1. Based on how Jackson did in 2006, they would decide if they should Franchise Branch, extend him long term, or let him walk as a UFA. Branch holding out and forcing a trade kind of ruined those plans.

If Jackson hasn't practiced much or played in any game situations (pre-season or regular), it's hard to say he's going to be a clear #1.

I don't know how the post text comes close to descriping the post title, am I missing something? :D

that was my thought, too. nowhere did BELICHICK say jackson would be a #1 and it's the reason he felt OK shipping off deion. totally wishful thinking/putting words in BB's mouth by a (likely) jackson owner.

This is from the espn sportsnation today at 1pm. Has any homers heard this statement from Belicheck? If so when does he expect to get Mr Jackson involved?

This is how the post text is related to the title. He is asking the question, has anybody actually heard Belicheck make this statement. Seems like a simple attempt to confirm something that came up during a fan chat. :D