[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is a Jerricho Cotchery?

Jumbie

I watch as much football as most, but this guy seems to have flown below my radar. Can someone who has seen him play give me a sense of how he fits into the Jet's scheme and whether he has any FF value.

Thanks.

he had more targets than any other Jet last week and beat out McCariens(sp.?)for the #2 job I guess.Looked good against the Titans but who does'nt?

He is obviously a big part of the game plan, so there is potential for some meaningful numbers. And that indicates to me that he is one of those guys you pick up on waivers this week......... and hope.

I watched him alot at NC State. He does not have blazing speed, but he runs great routes, has great hands, and can break tackles after the catch. He is also a team player and hard worker. He'll never be a star, but he will be solid.

Very accurate assessment, IMO. He's a very good #2 WR on any team in the NFL. He also is a very good blocking WR. Sort of a Hines Ward lite. 4.6 speed. Can catch in traffic.... and perhaps most importantly.... Pennington AND Mangini really like him.

I am on the same page as the poster (jumbie) - any further insight in to this guy?

He is entering the magical 3rd year as a pro. has always been regarded highly during training camp and pre-season the last two years as a hard worker and someone who was always making plays. In year one he was mainly a KR and special teams guy. In year two he was he was buried on the depth chart behind Wayne Chrebet and mcCareins, until Chrebet went down and then he got some time. Now that OC Heimedinger is gone, he has passed McCareins on the depth chart as the #2 on the JETS. That will probably be a decent spot to be as Coles gets double teamed and the runnign game is stuck in neutral.

Edited by sfrizz

look at the age of my WR's in my sig ( dynasty league ) then tell me you still think so ?

Even in a dynasty league, I wouldn't have spent over 1/4 of my free agent money on Cotchery.

Don't get me wrong, I like him - I drafted him late in my redraft league - but it seems like a steep price to me. But I wish you (and Jerricho) the best.

I think based on most of the posts in this thread, you've answered my dilemma. BUT.... I'll ask anyway. So, I have Steve Smith. At the moment I have Cotchery penciled in as his replacement this week. Is that the route to take, or do I take a chance Chris Henry doesn't lay an egg like he did last week with Whosyourmamma out? (Which is what I did last week :D )