[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

lhamp

When last we saw TJ, it was the third preseason game... he had a great game (96 yards and a td)... but late in the game he left with a mysterious "heel injury."

Since then he's missed the last preseason game, the first regular season game, and he's not been able to get through a complete practice.

So my question is.... what the He11 happened to that heel of his? I've been doing fantasy football since 1993 and I don't think I can remember a player missing a game, let alone two, with an "injured heel."

Edited by lhamp

I've done some (non-scientific) research and believe he has the dreaded plantar fasciitis. Reports indicate he can walk and run straightline but can't cut. He also has a history of foot problems, including most recently at the end of last season in December, 2005.

Link: http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/conten...2552&line=68028.

Plantar fasciitis is a painful and slow-healing injury in which the thin soft tissue in the arch of the foot closer to the heel is inflamed. It makes lateral movement (i.e., a wide receiver's cuts) very difficult. The injury is such that it appears to "get better" followed by setbacks due to inflammaton. This is consistent with the reports coming out of the Bengals (i.e., he's playing, he's not playing, etc.)

I've had plantar fascitis before as well. If hurts like hell as whenever you stretch the arch of your foot, it causes pain. Whenever I would rest it, I would be fine and be able to do normal activites, but whenever I worked out or played basketball (how I got it) the next day it would fire up again and be hell to walk the next week. When I asked my orthopedic about it, he basically gave me a few stretches to do and told me that it would take some time for it to go away, but otherwise not much he could do about it. I guess it's kind of a pain tolerance thing in the end as it seems rest is the only thing to make it stop.

I've had plantar fascitis before as well. If hurts like hell as whenever you stretch the arch of your foot, it causes pain. Whenever I would rest it, I would be fine and be able to do normal activites, but whenever I worked out or played basketball (how I got it) the next day it would fire up again and be hell to walk the next week. When I asked my orthopedic about it, he basically gave me a few stretches to do and told me that it would take some time for it to go away, but otherwise not much he could do about it. I guess it's kind of a pain tolerance thing in the end as it seems rest is the only thing to make it stop.

how long did it take to heel, and knowing that you've had it, what are you thoughts on Housh?

edit: pun intended

Edited by LooGie

Perhaps he should play and not practice until it heals.

I've done some (non-scientific) research and believe he has the dreaded plantar fasciitis. Reports indicate he can walk and run straightline but can't cut. He also has a history of foot problems, including most recently at the end of last season in December, 2005.

Link: http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/conten...2552&line=68028.

Plantar fasciitis is a painful and slow-healing injury in which the thin soft tissue in the arch of the foot closer to the heel is inflamed. It makes lateral movement (i.e., a wide receiver's cuts) very difficult. The injury is such that it appears to "get better" followed by setbacks due to inflammaton. This is consistent with the reports coming out of the Bengals (i.e., he's playing, he's not playing, etc.)

Not to scare the Houshmanzadeh owners, but isn't that what put Westbrook on IR last season?

That's what I get for being too lazy to look it up. Who else has had problems with plantar facitis? I seem to remember it sidelining a couple of players for several games, but I can't think of who it was.

Cadillac.

They are targeting his return for week 3. I think he'll be fine and has a history of playing through injury. They should be fine without him this week. I would prefer to see him healthy for the remaining games.

That's what I get for being too lazy to look it up. Who else has had problems with plantar facitis? I seem to remember it sidelining a couple of players for several games, but I can't think of who it was.

It's becoming more common in baseball and basketball too. Shannon Stewart of the Twins has been out for half the season with it.

Morency in the OTA's, TC's & first pre season game.

It's becoming more common in baseball and basketball too. Shannon Stewart of the Twins has been out for half the season with it.

Plantar fasciitis dogged Pujols all through 2004, but the Cardinals' medical staff treatment (and his pain threshold) allowed him to produce at a high level.

I'm wondering the same thing?

Chad Johnson claims Bodden, the CB covering him tomorrow is the best in the league. Could that mean good opportunity for Henry?

Chad Johnson claimed he was the best DB he played last year, Winslow said Bodden is the best in the league. Chad also said that he was open the whole game, it was just how the game went that he didn't get passes but he was open.