[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torqued SD Homer

McBoog

I know this is being jaded by the homer side of me, so I offer that up before I start this rant. :lol: But come on. :bash:

Yeah, I know I’ve been hearing ALL yumping week that it was “only the Raiders” the Chargers shut out, in THEIR house, on the road, on Monday night, after traveling, with the Foley distraction, in a hostile environment, with LaMont Jordan and Randy Moss on the field. Everyone seems to be low-balling the Chargers accomplishments on defense this week. The Raiders, as many were “prognosticating” :D had improved greatly this year and their starters looked good in the pre-season (yeah, it is ONLY pre-season). But NOBODY said they were going to suck as badly as they did on Monday night. Now, it is almost as if EVERYBODY knew that the Raiders were going to suck this year (this is NOT a Raider bashing thread, so don't sprain your va-jay-jay :brow: !). The effort by the Bolt D is almost being played off as just about ANY D could do that against the Raiders.

Here is my question. What if the Raiders go into Baltimore and put up a couple scores, or even move the ball some and get a few field goals? Is the Chargers effort now going to be measured against the “vaunted” Baltimore D, or will it continue to be just an above average effort by an average defense or a fluke :D . After all, the Ravens will be at home.

Now, if the Chargers shut down the Titans… Well, its only the Titans. Is the Jets D then that bad? If the Ravens shut out the Raiders, then will we start to compare the Bucs and Raiders as being equally horrid teams? I think the, no MY, Bolts have really taken it in the :pop: in terms of propers this week and it has really bugged me. Usually it doesn't, but this has :lol:

I guess my real boner :lol: here is this. Are the Raiders really “that bad”, or were the Chargers a lot better than they are being given credit for? You shut ANY NFL team out in their crib, get NINE sacks and hold them to just over 100 yards, and most of that in trash time on the last drive, I would think there would be a few more props than “yeah buts”. :woot:

:brew:

Wow, at least I wait until the Steelers accomplish something before wanting everyone to :D down to me.........

:D

I am not saying they are the Best or should be the favorite for the Superbowl. BUT they did accomplish this! It is this individual effort that I think has been dissed!