[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suggs to take carries every 3rd series

theeohiostate

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/cont...notes_0916.html

This will impact Brown if Saban does as he says and uses Suggs like R.Williams

QUOTE: "Suggs' job: Saban said running back Lee Suggs is ready to assume the role that Ricky Williams had last year as Ronnie Brown's backup, that is, to be the featured back about every third series.

Suggs said the extra time after the opener has helped him adjust. He had only three days of practice before making his Dolphins debut.

"It's been a complete turnaround," said Suggs, who played only on special teams in the opener. "I don't know how much of the playbook I know, but I know 100 percent of the game plan and that's all that matters right now."

Edited by theeohiostate

I don't think it wil take too much of a hit on his numbers.

If Saban does in fact play him every 3rd series, that cuts into Brown PT about 20-25%, that is very considerable.

Suggs has talent, but has failed in the NFL due to injury NOT talent. If i were a Brown owner i may be inclined to invest. 18 team leagues and dynasty should take note as well.

If Saban does in fact play him every 3rd series, that cuts into Brown PT about 20-25%, that is very considerable.

Suggs has talent, but has failed in the NFL due to injury NOT talent. If i were a Brown owner i may be inclined to invest. 18 team leagues and dynasty should take note as well.

Brown should still get goal line carries I believe, Suggs isn't near as talented as Brown, Saban knows that. Ronnie will still get his numbers.

I have to question any strategy that puts Suggs on the field. :D

I agree. I don't see any reason to give him this much PT. Saban must be really impressed or is very concerned about keeping Brown healthy. I assume he plans on running the ball 30 times a game, which would give Brown 20 touches and i'd still be happy. I don't think he should gameplan for Suggs every 3rd series, it'd be f'ing stupid.

I agree. I don't see any reason to give him this much PT. Saban must be really impressed or is very concerned about keeping Brown healthy. I assume he plans on running the ball 30 times a game, which would give Brown 20 touches and i'd still be happy. I don't think he should gameplan for Suggs every 3rd series, it'd be f'ing stupid.

You have to remember Brown is used a lot in the passing game also.

:D

Basically, that's impossible.

If Brown is pulled for Suggs once every three series, how can a RB lose 33% of his opportunities and it NOT affect his numbers?

Well yards, yes but I believe Mr. Ronnie only put up 30 rushing yards Vs Pitt last week and still put up very respectable fantasy numbers because of the 2 td's. He still will be used in goal line situations I believe, I still think he will be a top RB in fantasy this year. Plus we really don't know exactly how much Suggs will play, the every 3rd down that you guys are saying right now is all speculation until game time.

I have to question any strategy that puts Suggs on the field. :D

Brown's never carried the load before...Auburn, Miami. Maybe Saban is not so sure he can handle it. But, Suggs is brand new to them...they have to know what he can do, and only consistent work can paint the picture.

Well yards, yes but I believe Mr. Ronnie only put up 30 rushing yards Vs Pitt last week and still put up very respectable fantasy numbers because of the 2 td's. He still will be used in goal line situations I believe, I still think he will be a top RB in fantasy this year. Plus we really don't know exactly how much Suggs will play, the every 3rd down series that you guys are saying right now is all speculation until game time.

#1) It's not us guys saying Brown gets pulled every third series for Suggs, it's the Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins, Nick Saban, who is saying that,

#2) TD's are the least predictible stat for RB's. The only two RB's I know of where you could just about count on them to score a TD every game, were Emmitt & Priest in their hey days.

Ruben Droughns had a similar stat line to Brown last weekend, minus the TD's. How do you think his owners liked his fantasy points?

IF the RB rotation plays out the way the Dolphins Head Coach says it will, it is impossible for Brown's numbers not to be effected. :D

As a Brown owner I am not concerned. Once Suggs show the damage he can do :D Saban will rethink the strategy. But if it keeps Brown fresher it could actually help Brown's production.

Suggs is NOT Ricky, lol.

If I was a Brown owner I'd want to think that way too. :D

I think he failed the physical to the worst team in the NFL and was (at the time/still is) desperate for any RB.

I am not worried

That was the Jets with buyers remorse. They failed him for an old College knee injury which has not troubled him in years.

The next set of pre season games, Suggs was back out there playing.

He did not fail the Dolphins physical.

Ronnie Brown has never been a full time back in his life !!!!! Anything that cuts down on some of the carries will make him last longer all year....and that what Saban has in mind....not your fantasy numbers. Look what happened to Cadillac last year... he got broken down as the year went along.... if Ronnie Brown takes 95 percent of the snaps this year he will be broken down by week 8 and will struggle.

Until I see it play out on the field I just have a hard time believing that Saban would put Suggs in every 3rd series period whether he says it today or not. I just can't see it. Suggs is always hurt and I'm sorry just is no where near as good as Brown. Now with that said if it does happen then Brown's value takes a huge hit no matter how you spin it. It is that simple. It would stink for Brown owners and quite honestly fantasy wise make me never trust Saban again. Simply put this is a stupid move and tells me Saban has some thing in his head that says playing two backs is better than one and I'd want no part of that thinking in the future. I mean think if he'd "platoon" Brown with scrubby Suggs who wouldn't he "platoon"?

Edited by giantsfan