[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suggs to take carries every 3rd series

theeohiostate

Wouldn't that be the same as a 3rd Down RB? 1st and 2nd down starter, 3rd down 3rd Down RB?

No.

A series, is an entire offensive series 1st, 2nd & 3rd down.

3rd down is just that, a 3rd down. If an offense converts a 1st down without ever getting into 3rd & whatever situation, there is no 3rd down.

See the difference?

No.

A series, is an entire offensive series 1st, 2nd & 3rd down.

3rd down is just that, a 3rd down. If an offense converts a 1st down without ever getting into 3rd & whatever situation, there is no 3rd down.

See the difference?

Yeah but if Suggs series is 3 and out or 1 first down, it doesn't seem like it would have that much of an affect. I guess the Buffalo game will give a little better idea of how its gonna work.

Yeah but if Suggs series is 3 and out or 1 first down, it doesn't seem like it would have that much of an affect. I guess the Buffalo game will give a little better idea of how its gonna work.

Of course the flip side is, what if that happens on Brown's offensive series?

I'm not a Brown owner, but come on guys! It's Lee Suggs! How long do you think he will be able to stay on the field? If it's long enough for Sammy Morris to return from his suspension, then the Dolphins should consider themselves lucky because they'll have gotten more plays out of him than the Browns ever did!

I just traded for Ronnie Brown and I'm not worried at the least. Saban can say whatever he wants, but in football you can never plan anything like this out. The game still has to be played and the game will more or less dictate who plays when. Miami gets up big and maybe you see more Of Suggs till he gets hurt. I would say it's going to take alot to get me worried this is exactly the type of stuff to act on in my view go get Brown imo maybe Brown owner will be a little nervous.

I just traded for Ronnie Brown and I'm not worried at the least. Saban can say whatever he wants, but in football you can never plan anything like this out.

You mean like how the Colts can't plan their RB rotation of Rhodes & Addai?

Or like how Shanny can't plan his RB rotation of the Bell boys?

Or like how New England can't plan thir RB rotation of Dillon & Maroney?

Or like how the Saints can't plan their RB rotation of McAllister & Bush?

Etc...etc...etc...

Yeah, I see what you're saying...NOT!

Wouldn't that be the same as a 3rd Down RB? 1st and 2nd down starter, 3rd down 3rd Down RB?

Not necessarily. If you don't get to 3rd down (i.e. avg 5+yards/play), you'd never see the 3rd down back.

Every third series is a much more insidious RBBC than say the one in Dallas (Barber = true 3rd down back) since you know the #1 RB will be out for an entire series... which could be 3 and out, or could be 80 yards and a TD.

You mean like how the Colts can't plan their RB rotation of Rhodes & Addai?

Or like how Shanny can't plan his RB rotation of the Bell boys?

Or like how New England can't plan thir RB rotation of Dillon & Maroney?

Or like how the Saints can't plan their RB rotation of McAllister & Bush?

Etc...etc...etc...

Yeah, I see what you're saying...NOT!

HUGE HUGE HUGE difference here Score. In those cases which Bell is better? Dillion is older with many miles on him and Maroney is young and hungry. And in Indy Rhodes is not anything special at all. Brown is MILES better than Suggs. This would be like saying Arrington will split with Edge. Or Fargas will split with Jordan. Whatever happens happens but to compare those situations with Miami, when one back is FAR and away better, is unfair and you know that.

Edited by giantsfan

I think that this is a great move.

Suggs has talent no doubt, but has never been able to carry a full load.

Now he does not need to. Hopefully that can help him stay healthy and he can be stay on the field rather than in the trainers room to use that big play ability.

It is also good for Ronnie in keeping him fresh.

I don't think that anybody hear is qualified enough to question what Saban is doing. He has obviously had his share of success in the past - all while we hang out at a fantasy football website talking about what he is doing.

HUGE HUGE HUGE difference here Score. In those cases which Bell is better? Dillion is older with many miles on him and Maroney is young and hungry. And in Indy Rhodes is not anything special at all. Brown is MILES better than Suggs. This would be like saying Arrington will split with Edge. Or Fargas will split with Jordan. Whatever happens happens but to compare those situations with Miami, when one back is FAR and away better, is unfair and you know that.

:D My post was not about comparing the players giantsfan.

It was in response sacosuds assertation that when a Coach wants to rotate his RB's and has a plan, he won't be able to.

That is simply not true and I gave examples.

But if you don't like those examples, how about these?

Lundy & Morency - now probably Lundy & Gado with a sprinklin' of Lard Butt.

Droughns & Vickers.

LaMont Jordan & Fartgas.

Etc...etc...etc...

:D My post was not about comparing the players giantsfan.

It was in response sacosuds assertation that when a Coach wants to rotate his RB's and has a plan, he won't be able to.

That is simply not true and I gave examples.

But if you don't like those examples, how about these?

Lundy & Morency - now probably Lundy & Gado with a sprinklin' of Lard Butt.

Droughns & Vickers.

LaMont Jordan & Fartgas.

Etc...etc...etc...

If your point is if a coach wants to rotate RB's he can well of course he can. Any coach can rotate RB's all he has to do is say you're in and then next play say you're in. My point is there are not many examples where one RB is clearly THE back and clearly THE much better back that is a rotation situation. Brown is MUCH better than Suggs. ALL those other examples are situations where the RB's are close to the same in talent. That is why I say this is different. This would be a rotation between two backs who are worlds apart in ability. You DON'T see Edge sharing with Arrington. You DON'T see Jordan sharing with Fargas. That is what this would be like. That is why I said way above if Saban rotates these guys at all really my advice to every fantasy guy is never take a Saban RB high. If he is willing to rotate Brown with a clearly inferior RB like Suggs then he'll rotate any RB's he ever has.

If your point is if a coach wants to rotate RB's he can well of course he can. Any coach can rotate RB's all he has to do is say you're in and then next play say you're in.

Pretty sure that's what I spelled out for you.

My point is there are not many examples where one RB is clearly THE back and clearly THE much better back that is a rotation situation. Brown is MUCH better than Suggs. ALL those other examples are situations where the RB's are close to the same in talent. That is why I say this is different. This would be a rotation between two backs who are worlds apart in ability.

That's great and all, but nobody is debating this? :D

You DON'T see Edge sharing with Arrington. You DON'T see Jordan sharing with Fargas. That is what this would be like. That is why I said way above if Saban rotates these guys at all really my advice to every fantasy guy is never take a Saban RB high. If he is willing to rotate Brown with a clearly inferior RB like Suggs then he'll rotate any RB's he ever has.

Just an FYI for you regarding Saban and his historical use of RB's.

While at LSU Saban split the carries with D. Davis and L. Toefield. J. Vincent and J. Addai with S. Carey getting some touches. Then in his last year A. Brousarrd got a big work load with Addai and J. Vincent. It also doesn't matter the importance of the game what Quater, or situation. He would rotate these guys.

Lastly on LaMont & Fartgas.

Shell has already said he wants to get Fartgas more work this year and judging by how effective Fartgas was just this past game and the number of carries he got, we will be seeing more of him.

Sorry LaMont Jordan owners, but you're SCREWED!

:D

As a Brown owner this stinks to me. Suggs isn't anything compared to Brown...I'd have no problem giving Brown a rest and keeping him fresh, but you put your best players on the field who can help you win, and certainly don't put guys who failed physicals into a heavy rotation like this. Saban is confounding, but at least he (unlike Scamaham) told us what he's doing.

I have him in two leagues.

If it makes Miami a better team, I could care less what it does to Browns numbers

F U

This is fantasy football. Oh I'm sorry you said you COULD care less...I agree I COULD care less too but I own Brown and I care a lot about what it does to Browns Numbers. :D

Early reports are that Suggs could miss significant time (2-3 months)after falling out of his hotel bed this morning and landing on his back. He told coaches that the Hotel beds in Miami were a lot higher up than the ones in Cleveland. It's something he'll have to adjust to since he won't buy a house in Miami because he doesn't see himself staying a Dolphin. He is actually looking in the European Regions for a house or possibly Canada. I'll post the link when it comes

>

>

>

>

>

>

OK so this hasn't happened yet, but we all know a story like this is coming when it involves Suggs and playing football....