[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins | McMichael frustrated with blocking role

Flip_Side

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins TE Randy McMichael was frustrated with the blocking role he was used in during the Week 1 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. McMichael said, "I'll give you the true answer: It's frustrating. Of course you want to go out and make plays, and I want to catch balls. But there's only one ball, and sometimes your number is called to help the offensive line so that [QB] Daunte Culpepper can get the ball off." McMichael is confident his opportunities to catch the ball will increase because offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey called several plays designed for McMichael against the Steelers. "That's one thing about Coach Mularkey as the offensive coordinator that's different from past coordinators. He did call some plays for me. But the defense stopped the plays at the particular time. I can't complain about the play-calling. And when they call the play for me to stay in and block, I have to do that, too."

I expect McMichael to see the ball a lot more than he did against Pitt this week. :D

I expect McMichael to see the ball a lot more than he did against Pitt this week. :D

I hope so. My decision to start him over the unproven Winslow last week cost me a game. This week I'm starting Winslow, but it would still be nice to see McMichael do something.