[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Panther Dave

keggerz

I thought for sure that Carter got the start last week and did pretty well but I found this:

Link

Carolina Panthers receiver Steve Smith, nursing a hamstring injury, missed practice again Friday, and coach John Fox said simply, "No change on the injury report; it's exactly the same as it was Wednesday, Thursday and today."

Smith's absence increases the likelihood that he will not play Sunday at Minnesota.

Smith has already missed all four exhibitions and last week's opener against Atlanta.

In his absence, Keyshawn Johnson and Keary Colbert are again expected to start at wide receiver, with Drew Carter also getting considerable playing time.

i also guess that the writer did use one very important word(I underlined it) EXPECTED

Carter was targeted more than almost anybody in the league last week. Not sure if that was strictly based on match-ups, but Carter is the guy that replaces Smith in the lineup as far as I know.

If Smith's hammy's are going to be season long problem one of these two are going to be fantasy worthy. If Carter got the start last week and received 11 targets but only had 5 receptions... might that be the reason Colbert is getting the start this week... perhaps there were some dropped balls? Not sure but wouldn't that make Colbert worth a shot this week?