[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oklahoma - Oregon

untateve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not going to make any excuses about this loss. OU played as badly as Ive ever seen them play in the first half and the final 2 minutes of the game. To be down by only 7 at the half, was nothing short of amazing. The second half they completely destroyed that Pac-10 team, and I think everyone on the planet knows why Oregon has a W, and why OU has a L. I do think this really will hurt the Pac-10 conference. What team is going to want to go play in Eugene or LA if they know the refs and replay booth will give every call late to the home team. ESPN is already saying these conference officials and replay both have now proved they cant be trusted to make impartial calls on the field. And now the booth which is suppose to get the play right, failed twice in the last minute of the game. Shame on you Pac-10 and your replay booth. At least make your teams earn their victories against non conference opponents. Now I understand why Oregon is so good at home vs non conference. I think we all saw today in the final 2 minutes.

Im disappointed in the play calling in the final 3 minutes of the game by OU. The possesion before they started playing prevent, which didnt prevent anything, OU had the ball on the Oregon 5, and ran the ball on 3rd down, instead of throwing a pass to a WR and putting the game 17 pts out of reach, instead of a TD, onside kick and TD away from losing, only ahead by 13. Second the decision to run AD on the final series one play before the FG attempt, instead of throwing twice with 25 seconds left to make that FG shorter or even play for a TD pass, instead of setting up for a 44 yard attempt was just crazy. OU even with all the BS, still had a chance to win that game in the final series because of the great kick return by Reggie Smith who should have been returning kicks all afternoon, instead of Peterson who isnt nearly as elusvie nor as great at returning kicks.

All in all, it was one hell of a game. Im very impressed with the Oregon skill position players and they have a chance at home to beat anyone in that conference. Hats off to Oregon, it isnt their fault they were given so many opportunites, as they still had to make plays to turn those gifts into points. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

All in all, it was one hell of a game. Im very impressed with the Oregon skill position players and they have a chance at home to beat anyone in that conference. Hats off to Oregon, it isnt their fault they were given so many opportunites, as they still had to make plays to turn those gifts into points. :D

WOW! I am impressed and I agree. It was one helluva game. I have to admit that those were some shady calls but then again, Oregon has been JOBBED by the NCAA for the last few years so I am willing to take this win and hope they play better against ASU, Cal and USC.

:D GO DUCKS!!!

I would say not taking care of the ball with those stats isnt earning crap!!!!! The lowly ref's gave this to Oregen. OU had 400 yards of off, with about 215 of it from AD. OU didn't turn the ball over once, and the refs still found a way to be the 12th man!!!!!

:D PAC-10 = Conference Of Champions! Quit cryin'! you sound like a little B!aaaaatch, like Sarge!

Im not going to make any excuses about this loss. OU played as badly as Ive ever seen them play in the first half and the final 2 minutes of the game. To be down by only 7 at the half, was nothing short of amazing. The second half they completely destroyed that Pac-10 team, and I think everyone on the planet knows why Oregon has a W, and why OU has a L. I do think this really will hurt the Pac-10 conference. What team is going to want to go play in Eugene or LA if they know the refs and replay booth will give every call late to the home team. ESPN is already saying these conference officials and replay both have now proved they cant be trusted to make impartial calls on the field. And now the booth which is suppose to get the play right, failed twice in the last minute of the game. Shame on you Pac-10 and your replay booth. At least make your teams earn their victories against non conference opponents. Now I understand why Oregon is so good at home vs non conference. I think we all saw today in the final 2 minutes.

Im disappointed in the play calling in the final 3 minutes of the game by OU. The possesion before they started playing prevent, which didnt prevent anything, OU had the ball on the Oregon 5, and ran the ball on 3rd down, instead of throwing a pass to a WR and putting the game 17 pts out of reach, instead of a TD, onside kick and TD away from losing, only ahead by 13. Second the decision to run AD on the final series one play before the FG attempt, instead of throwing twice with 25 seconds left to make that FG shorter or even play for a TD pass, instead of setting up for a 44 yard attempt was just crazy. OU even with all the BS, still had a chance to win that game in the final series because of the great kick return by Reggie Smith who should have been returning kicks all afternoon, instead of Peterson who isnt nearly as elusvie nor as great at returning kicks.

I tend to agree with this. I have to admit I'd have lost my shiiitt if this happened to the Gators. And in my honest opinion, I believe that if Oklahoma, in the waning seconds had completed a pass down field, it would have been called back on a holding call.

Solid post Private- yeah I thought your Sooners played really well in the 2nd half, and the Ore. lead shloud have been more at the break. 2 badly missed calls IMO- Not 100% certain, but I highly doubt it was an all Pac 10 crew. They don't officiate inter-conference matchups like that. I heard the replay official was from the Big 12, for whatever it is worth. I would like to get some confirmation on this, but I really doubt that this was a "Pac 10" problem, just more poor officating that we are seeing in too many games.

Solid post Private- yeah I thought your Sooners played really well in the 2nd half, and the Ore. lead shloud have been more at the break. 2 badly missed calls IMO- Not 100% certain, but I highly doubt it was an all Pac 10 crew. They don't officiate inter-conference matchups like that. I heard the replay official was from the Big 12, for whatever it is worth. I would like to get some confirmation on this, but I really doubt that this was a "Pac 10" problem, just more poor officating that we are seeing in too many games.

Makes you say hmmmmmmm.....

Gordon Riese, the replay official responsible for reviewing two controversial calls in Oregon's 34-33 win over Oklahoma, is a resident of Portland, Ore. The Portland State University graduate was a Pac-10 football official for 28 years before retiring.

A look at the controversial calls:

• With 1:12 left, after scoring to pull within 33-27, Oregon's onside kick sailed high into the air.

OU receiver Malcolm Kelly moved forward and tried to field the kick. But replays appeared to show Oregon's Brian Paysinger tapped the ball first, then crashed into Kelly.

The players and several others collapsed into a pile. As they did, replays showed the ball squirting out and Patrick pouncing onto it, then getting up and walking away.

But the officials awarded possession to Oregon. Later, Ducks defensive back Patrick Chung claimed to have recovered the kick.

Riese, the replay official, was asked to review which player touched the ball first, and where he touched it. By rule, Riese was not allowed to review which team emerged with possession. • Seconds later, free safety Darien Williams was flagged for pass interference.

OU players and coaches claim � and replays appeared to show � defensive end C.J. Ah You deflected the pass, making any subsequent contact by Williams legal. Instead, after the replay review, referee David Cutaia announced "there was no conclusive evidence" the ball was tipped.

This read is from newsok.com. From everthing I have read the whole crew was from the PAC 10.....for whats it worth :D

Makes you say hmmmmmmm.....

Gordon Riese, the replay official responsible for reviewing two controversial calls in Oregon's 34-33 win over Oklahoma, is a resident of Portland, Ore. The Portland State University graduate was a Pac-10 football official for 28 years before retiring.

A look at the controversial calls:

• With 1:12 left, after scoring to pull within 33-27, Oregon's onside kick sailed high into the air.

OU receiver Malcolm Kelly moved forward and tried to field the kick. But replays appeared to show Oregon's Brian Paysinger tapped the ball first, then crashed into Kelly.

The players and several others collapsed into a pile. As they did, replays showed the ball squirting out and Patrick pouncing onto it, then getting up and walking away.

But the officials awarded possession to Oregon. Later, Ducks defensive back Patrick Chung claimed to have recovered the kick.

Riese, the replay official, was asked to review which player touched the ball first, and where he touched it. By rule, Riese was not allowed to review which team emerged with possession. • Seconds later, free safety Darien Williams was flagged for pass interference.

OU players and coaches claim � and replays appeared to show � defensive end C.J. Ah You deflected the pass, making any subsequent contact by Williams legal. Instead, after the replay review, referee David Cutaia announced "there was no conclusive evidence" the ball was tipped.

This read is from newsok.com. From everthing I have read the whole crew was from the PAC 10.....for whats it worth :lol:

After the Super Bowl when my Seahawks were the subject of many terrible calls that killed their momentum and took points off the board almost everyone said that great teams play through those bad calls and take advantage of their opportunities and win the game. Now we have a couple questionable calls in this game and it's all about how the referee's took the game away from the Sooners? The bottom line is that the Sooners didn't deserve to win because when the game was on the line THEY didn't make any plays. A week ago the Huskies showed just how overrated the Sooners are and the Oregon Ducks proved it again on Saturday.

:D PAC-10 = Conference Of Champions :D

I must commend Sarge (did I really just type that?) on a balanced, objective post. If it happened to my Trojans, I would've blown a gasket. Sooners did get jobbed at the end, but if not for the TOs they would've lost big to the Ducks. But that doesn't make it ok for the 2 horrible calls.

Autzen stadium already has a rep as a tough place to play, due to the fan noise and (usually) wet carpet. But now it appears the refs won't let them lose a close one there - bad for everyone.

And while were here, (and cuz I'm too lazy to start a new thread this morning,) I'll say I don't think USC was all that great at home, outside of Dwayne Jarrett. OC Kiffin's comments last week obviously motivated him/pissed him off. Booty looked good again, but we didn't run very well at all. And how much credit does your D get for shutting down the lowly Huskers at home? Not much...

I give us a B- overall, with more room to improve. And we'll still be #2 or #3 this afternoon, since the writers luv us. And that's okay... :D

Well if the whole crew was Pac 10, then you still need to put a little blame on the Big 12. Why would they agree to have one of there teams play on the road with the road conference officials. A Big 12 crew was in Iowa City for the Iowa-Iowa State game, I'm pretty sure it was a Big Ten crew working the Michigan-Notre Dame game. If that IS the case, then who is looking after their own conference's teams?

After the Super Bowl when my Seahawks were the subject of many terrible calls that killed their momentum and took points off the board almost everyone said that great teams play through those bad calls and take advantage of their opportunities and win the game. Now we have a couple questionable calls in this game and it's all about how the referee's took the game away from the Sooners? The bottom line is that the Sooners didn't deserve to win because when the game was on the line THEY didn't make any plays.

normally, I would agree with this assessment. However, I submit that the onside kick was a horrific call of epic proportions, particularly given that it was reviewed in the booth. I haven't spoken to one person nor heard one commentator indicate that the officiating crew/replay official made the correct call.

OK would have been awarded the ball and the game is over.

Sorry Sooner fans. That was robbery. I feel your pain. Last years Outback Bowl ring a bell? I know exactly what getting screwed over by the refs is all about.

As a Michigan fan, I feel your pain as well, Last years bowl game, was the worst game I ever witness.

Something needs to be done, Im not sure if replay has made games better or worse.

As a Sooner fan, I am still pissed about this game. Thats all I care to say about the subject. OU should not have dropped in the polls, and Oregon should not be ranked ahead of them. I know thats what happens even if the refs/booth give you the game. But its a crime to see Oregon get this win, and to add insult to injury jump the Sooners in the poll. The NCAA should step in and make sure those review officials are fired and those refs get suspended. This is clear bias toward their team and if the NCAA wont do anything about it, no one else will want to play on the left coast again. This is all the Dan Patrick show is talking about today.

As a Sooner fan, I am still pissed about this game. Thats all I care to say about the subject. OU should not have dropped in the polls, and Oregon should not be ranked ahead of them. I know thats what happens even if the refs/booth give you the game. But its a crime to see Oregon get this win, and to add insult to injury jump the Sooners in the poll. The NCAA should step in and make sure those review officials are fired and those refs get suspended. This is clear bias toward their team and if the NCAA wont do anything about it, no one else will want to play on the left coast again. This is all the Dan Patrick show is talking about today.

I agree with Sarge - those dudes should be fired. The temperature in hell must be dropping, and pigs are growing wings... :D

As a Michigan fan, I feel your pain as well, Last years bowl game, was the worst game I ever witness.

Something needs to be done, Im not sure if replay has made games better or worse.

mich fans really dont have a place to talk about officiating in the alamo bowl. it was bad both ways, and everyone watching knew that. i attended the game and even watched it recorded multiple times. horrible officiating, but it did go both ways. i see some fans are still bitter about being beaten by a "lesser" team, though. =)

As I previously said, I don't care if they are Pac 10 officials, Big Ten officials, or Lafayette County Missisissipi high school officials, that is a travesty regardless of what team you pull for or what conference you're alligned to.

of course it matters, gimme a break. BIG difference between objective refs blowing calls, and outright cheating by subjective Pac 10 refs like being mentioned here. As a Pac 10 guy, I sure as he11 do not want our conference officials deciding the outcomes of games, which I hope is not the case.

Either scenario is not good, but outright bias and cheating, wow. Am having flashbacks to Indy/Pitt and the SB.

Obviously if it was a Pac 10 crew- that needs to be changed- no visiting team should have to come in and play against homer conference refs, whether it is Oregon or Podunk State.

of course it matters, gimme a break. BIG difference between objective refs blowing calls, and outright cheating by subjective Pac 10 refs like being mentioned here. As a Pac 10 guy, I sure as he11 do not want our conference officials deciding the outcomes of games, which I hope is not the case.

Either scenario is not good, but outright bias and cheating, wow. Am having flashbacks to Indy/Pitt and the SB.

Obviously if it was a Pac 10 crew- that needs to be changed- no visiting team should have to come in and play against homer conference refs, whether it is Oregon or Podunk State.

that is the point hes making in his post. he's saying it doesnt matter who the refs are, that the calls they made were a travesty, etc. he was saying it's pretty dumb what happened.

WOW, just read this from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593369

OU president wants game voided, officials suspendedAssociated Press

NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma president David Boren sent a letter to Big 12 Commissioner Kevin Weiberg on Monday, asking him to push for the Sooners' game against Oregon to be eliminated from the record books and have the Pac-10 officials involved in the game suspended for the remainder of the season.

Two plays were reviewed on Oregon's game-winning drive -- an onside kick that gave the Ducks possession and a pass interference call one play before the touchdown that gave them a 34-33 victory.

"To describe the lapses in accurate officiating at the Oklahoma-Oregon football game last Saturday as constituting an outrageous injustice is an understatement," Boren wrote in the letter dated Monday.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops has said he believes an Oregon player interfered with Oklahoma's ability to recover the onside kick by illegally touching the ball and a Sooners player before the kick traveled 10 yards. He also believes the Sooners recovered the kick, as tailback Allen Patrick had possession at the end of the play.

Stoops has also said he believes Oklahoma defensive end C.J. Ah You tipped a pass by Dennis Dixon that resulted in a pass interference call. If the ball was indeed tipped, the pass interference call would have been negated.

Both plays were reviewed using instant replay Saturday, and Pacific 10 commissioner Tom Hansen said an announcement will be made Tuesday on whether the calls were correct.

Boren requested "an apology from the Pac-10 for the gross errors in officiating" and also called for the Pac-10 to change its rule that requires only Pac-10 officials be used for nonconference home games.

The letter also asks the Big 12 to place on the agendas of NCAA meetings and conference commissioners' meetings a discussion of how the review process should be implemented.

"It is truly sad and deeply disappointing that members of our football team should be deprived of the outcome of the game that they deserved because of an inexcusable breakdown in officiating," Boren wrote.

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said Sunday that the university would request a "comprehensive review of specific officiating decisions and use of instant replay" in the game.

WOW, just read this from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593369

OU president wants game voided, officials suspendedAssociated Press

NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma president David Boren sent a letter to Big 12 Commissioner Kevin Weiberg on Monday, asking him to push for the Sooners' game against Oregon to be eliminated from the record books and have the Pac-10 officials involved in the game suspended for the remainder of the season.

Two plays were reviewed on Oregon's game-winning drive -- an onside kick that gave the Ducks possession and a pass interference call one play before the touchdown that gave them a 34-33 victory.

"To describe the lapses in accurate officiating at the Oklahoma-Oregon football game last Saturday as constituting an outrageous injustice is an understatement," Boren wrote in the letter dated Monday.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops has said he believes an Oregon player interfered with Oklahoma's ability to recover the onside kick by illegally touching the ball and a Sooners player before the kick traveled 10 yards. He also believes the Sooners recovered the kick, as tailback Allen Patrick had possession at the end of the play.

:D You lost :D Quit crying There are bad calls in EVERY football game, even at critical times of the game. Great teams don't put themselves in position to lose. Grow a SACK and admit that your beloved Sooners were the 2nd most overrated team in the nation next to The Fighting Irish. :lol:

Stoops has also said he believes Oklahoma defensive end C.J. Ah You tipped a pass by Dennis Dixon that resulted in a pass interference call. If the ball was indeed tipped, the pass interference call would have been negated.

Both plays were reviewed using instant replay Saturday, and Pacific 10 commissioner Tom Hansen said an announcement will be made Tuesday on whether the calls were correct.

Boren requested "an apology from the Pac-10 for the gross errors in officiating" and also called for the Pac-10 to change its rule that requires only Pac-10 officials be used for nonconference home games.

The letter also asks the Big 12 to place on the agendas of NCAA meetings and conference commissioners' meetings a discussion of how the review process should be implemented.

"It is truly sad and deeply disappointing that members of our football team should be deprived of the outcome of the game that they deserved because of an inexcusable breakdown in officiating," Boren wrote.

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said Sunday that the university would request a "comprehensive review of specific officiating decisions and use of instant replay" in the game.

Unbelieveable. Are you serious. Oregon - 34 Oklahoma - 33 .... Newsbreak .... :D you LOST :D