[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fire Francione

polksalet

• 1 month later...

We've lost 2 games in our house that we should have won.

I hated our powder puff schedule.

But we should have beat Tech at home and we gave OU this game too.

I'm still pissed.

A@M didnt give OU this game. OU was very conservative knowing A@M couldnt beat them. Are you telling me that A@M secondary could contain Kelly and Iglasis if OU needed to pass. Im surprised this game ended up being as close as it was, as OU was too conservative. This should have been a 2 TD win. Instead they get out of Dodge with a 17-16 win.

A@M didnt give OU this game. OU was very conservative knowing A@M couldnt beat them. Are you telling me that A@M secondary could contain Kelly and Iglasis if OU needed to pass. Im surprised this game ended up being as close as it was, as OU was too conservative. This should have been a 2 TD win. Instead they get out of Dodge with a 17-16 win.

Not only did A&M give the win to OU ... they gift wrapped it first.

3rd and short/goal and Franchione calls a pass play?

Franchione should have ran Lane on 3rd down and again on 4th down if he didn't get in on 3rd down.

Then with time ticking down and down by 4 to kick another worthless FG?

After the 1st quarter where OU ran all over A&M, A&M's defense did their job.

It is the SECOND time in the last several years that A&M has rolled over for the Sooners.

Not only did A&M give the win to OU ... they gift wrapped it first.

3rd and short/goal and Franchione calls a pass play?

Franchione should have ran Lane on 3rd down and again on 4th down if he didn't get in on 3rd down.

Then with time ticking down and down by 4 to kick another worthless FG?

After the 1st quarter where OU ran all over A&M, A&M's defense did their job.

It is the SECOND time in the last several years that A&M has rolled over for the Sooners.

Actually the 3rd, OU spanked them 77-0 a few years back as well, and Stoops took a knee at the end of that one inside the A@M 5. :D

All anyone could talk about after the game was A&M's play calling with first and goal at the 7. 3 pass plays (one turned into a run b/c no one was open) and then a fg from the 2. At this point in the game neither team has more then around 50 yards passing and both are succeeding on the ground. Made no sense.

Some side notes:

Was the first time in awhile I'd been to a big night game at Kyle Field. Atmosphere was pretty cool.

Also, the tailgating scene down in College Station has grown tremendously in the last 5 years. In a related note I saw a pretty funny shirt at one of the tailgates. It said "8:00 AM. You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." :D

PS: Give Stoops credit for going for it on 4th and 1 to win the game. I guess in the article I read he originally said "Punt" but when he looked at the offense after he said that he knew he couldn't do it.

Edited by myhousekey

awesome game to be at. nice fans @ aTm, altho a guy next to me said 'good game' with 2:50 left, when aggies had just int'd us. nothing better than watching neb hold them, block a fg, and return it. good game though. you're possibly 3 pts away from being undefeated so dont hold francione in such horrible disregard. you have a solid team. couldn't believe how much smack some of the aggies talked about their own players during the game, even mcgee and even goodson! goodson is a stud freshman, going to be very good. anyway, good game. fun atmosphere. just wish u guys had a bit more love for ur own team lol. sounded very bitter, even when up 27-21.

just go out and beat texas please :D