[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philip Rivers

LosGatosEnFuegos

i'm a Charger fan so i'm biased. but i'm lovin' this guy. they've played the two worst teams in the league so far, but he looks like a point guard out there. he manages the game and just distributes the ball to keep the chains moving.

after the bye they have Baltimore and Pitt, so that will be the real test, but i think he'll keep his head and play smart. unlike when Ryan Leaf faced his first tough test in KC and absolutely blew up. i'm still not over that dark day in Charger history.

I've become a Charger fan over the last few years as I've had Tomlinson in my keep-2 league since its inception in 2002 and have followed their games more closely than the Giants'. I'm really excited about what Rivers can be. I expect a dropoff in those games, but I think he'll keep his composure very well, especially with the bye week to prepare.

If he actually had those stats, yes. Currently he has 200 passing with another 10 rushing. And that's it. No TDs. A few TD would be nice.

If you were watching the game you'd know that he hit Gates right at the goal line with a perfect pass. Gates tried to turn and stretch the ball and lost control before he established possession.

Regardless, he hasn't forced anything and they haven't needed to. Its only his 2nd start. By midseason you'll be impressed "fantasy-wise" by what he does.

I went to the game today, and while tougher tests will come this season, Rivers looked pretty damn good!!!! He made good decisions today which bodes well for future games. The key so far is the fact that he has been getting good protection and has had time to make his reads. We'll see how he does when he's under more pressure.