[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to the MIN fans

LooGie

Congrats to MIN and their fans. That was a great ball game to watch. :D It looks like a very promising year for MIN. Childress is for sure, the real deal.

However:

Well Carolina had that game basically won. It was starting to really feel like a "W" for Carolina. I know there was still time left on the clock, and MIN could've put points on the board, but I'm sure most MIN fans would agree, it started to feel like CAR came and stole one.

but that stupid pass play on the punt return was pretty much the worst call in NFL history. The only way it could be worse was if it was in a super bowl or something. I know if it would've worked we'd all be thinking "wow. what a great play" but WHO CARES! Play the game the way it needs to be played. When you don't have Smitty and you're basically ESCAPING from MIN with a win, TAKE IT AND RUN. Don't get confident. Winning that game would've been a gift from MIN. Go 1-1 and get the hell back to Charlotte.

:D Terrible terrible TERRIBLE call.

And what the hell was going on on the FG fake? It was like Carolina completey forgot that that was an option for MIN. They weren't even close to the reciever. If Peppers wasn't a freak of nature, that reciever could've made a sandwich before getting into the endzone.

I think it's fair to say that without Peppers, Carolina wouldn't have even had a chance in this game. He changed the momentum of this game many times. And D. Williams helped to keep it rolling. :lol:

i did see some very important things from CAR if this season truly is going to be the superbowl run season.

Good Points:

The D-line was simply beautiful as Hutchingson was basically man handled all day.

In my eyes Foster is only spelling D. Williams now. He'll just happen to do it at the start of every game. Until he gets hurt.

The O-line played very well considering.

They looked very dominant, even without S. Smith. Take away that one terrible play call, and that would've given CAR some great field position and IMO, the ball game.

But, I didn't want to win the game off that terrible call by the refs. (The refereeing seems to be picking up where they left off last year. The new comish better get involved quick, because it's quite obviously getting out of control)

I felt when Delhomme fumbled, that was it. They deserved to lose. They did not deserve the second chance that the refs gave them. Not because Delhomme did anything bad. But because I felt CAR needed to feel that loss when it was so close to a win. Whoever called that play, should have that resting on his shoulders until Wednesday, when it's becomes about TB.

Hopefully this loss will give the Panthers some focus. If this is the year, then it needs to start now. Mistake free football is the ONLY way that will happen. And that goes double for the play calling. Which better include alot more D. Williams.

Edited by LooGie

I would have been a completely different game with Steve Smith. The Vikings had trouble containing K. Johnson most of the day. Put in a S. Smith and they would have passed and run all over the Viks. I hope that fact wakes the Vikings defense up. On to our multimillion dollar left side of the line. They did not earn their money. It seemed like McKinnie was standing there watching Brad Johnson get up off the ground. The incomplete pass was a horrible call and I hope that someone gets that pointed out them this week. It was a fumble. I am glad we have Brad Childress as a coach and I am glad that Gamble took it upon himself to throw that punt return. I am not sure that would have come from the coaching staff, but if it did they need to have their ass kicked up between their ears. You have the lead on the road, and you have momentum in your favor and you pull that oh poopy.

I was at that game... it was a nailbiter! Very fun!!!

I'm sure I was caught up in the emotion of a stadium full of rabid fans, but I've never been more ticked off at a blundered call, than I was when they overturned Delhome's fumble and called it an incomplete pass. The ref in the booth was just plain wrong, and frankly could have cost the Vikings a victory. The thing that really riled me up, is that the call on the field was a fumble, so the ref in the booth had to over turn the correct call in order to make an incorrect call. Unacceptable!

Funny thing... right as the Vikes were lining up for the fake field goal, the guy sitting next to me (I didn't know him) called the play. "Watch them fake the kick and hit Kleinsasser on a quick pass in the flats." The seats just about collapsed underneath us because everybody was jumping up and down so much after that! Very glad I was there to witness it.

I'm still not overly impressed with the Vikings offensive line yet, but these have been two pretty tough games. On the road Monday night in week 1, and then back home against a powerful Carolina Defense... we're not blowing anybody out of the water, but I think most people predicted the Vikes to go 0-3 to start the year... two victories at this point is very impressive (however they were attained).

Loogie,

Why was Fox so persistant to keep Foster in the game when Williams kept producing.

I said a thank you to Fox everytime DeAngelo was sent back to the bench!

Some thoughts on the game

I'll take the win, as I had pretty much given up on a win for the Purple, thanks again Fox for a terrible play call. Too many missed opportunities by the Vikings early on in the game.

Somebody better figure out how to get our O'line to block, or next week is going to be very ugly.

Childress so far has done a good job of the meat and potatoes of coaching. NOt sure why he didn't try and give who ever was blocking Peppers some help. (Once during the end of the game the Vikings had a RB blocking Peppers one on one!)

Williamson need to get more looks, the kid can be a game changer!

Chestor Taylor is the real deal, the dude just keeps pounding the ball! Once the line gells he will get his TD's!

The trade of Culpepper looks better and better....Dolphin fans just got a taste of Mr Small Hands!!!

The Viking Defense is going to HAVE to keep them in a lot of games!

The "tuck rule" is stupid, however if it is ruleda forward pass why was there not a penalty for illegal touch as the ball bounced of an offensive lineman first?

2-0 rocks! However, Washington seems unable to find an identity and Carolina had a couple of key injuries, so I am not drinking the purple kool aid yet. I am sticking to my 9-7 record prediction (I had us 1-2 after 3)

Edited by T-Scorp

Loogie,

Why was Fox so persistant to keep Foster in the game when Williams kept producing.

I said a thank you to Fox everytime DeAngelo was sent back to the bench!

Not sure. It seems like Fox has a bit of a man crush on Foster, or perhaps he has a heart and does not want to take away Foster's chance to be a valid starting RB in the NFL.

However, I think it's important to spell Williams especially against a pretty tough DEF, as he is just a rookie and with our O-line being in jeapordy.

I did want to see more touches for Williams, but the 1-2 punch was working okay (or should I say 2-1, with Foster being the 2 :lol:)

Make no mistake, Foster will lose the starting job to Williams within the next 6 weeks. I've never liked Foster, and I've always known he's a space filler. He can get 2-3 yards, (albeit not consistantly) therefore he warrants a roster spot, but he's not good enough for a team that is superbowl bound or bust. You'll never see an NFL team in the superbowl that does not have a very sound and complete, tough running game. Foster is not that, and he should be traded, as he'd get some very nice value, imo.

The "tuck rule" is stupid, however if it is ruleda forward pass why was there not a penalty for illegal touch as the ball bounced of an offensive lineman first?

Or at least an intentional grounding call? The refs are doing terrible already this season, and it's really bumming me out. If they can't do their jobs, how can the players do theirs?

2-0 rocks! However, Washington seems unable to find an identity and Carolina had a couple of key injuries, so I am not drinking the purple kool aid yet. I am sticking to my 9-7 record prediction (I had us 1-2 after 3)

I'm not OVERLY worried just yet.

When i worked up the Panthers record before the season, I had them getting swept by ATL and still had them going 11-5, losing 2 of their first 4. (i had them losing to ATL, and then losing to TB..now they just have to sweep TB :D)

If they can get to 5-3 by the bye week, I think they'll be in real good shape, as they play VERY weel in the second half of the season.

:D for the win. You completely deserved it.

doesn't appear to be too much to ask right now... :lol:

and thank a higher power for that. I love seeing the Bucs squirm, but I HATE HATE HATE the falcons so much, that it physically hurts me to watch them go 4-0 going into the bye week. I'm fairly confident that their records will be 7-9 for TB and 9-7 for ATL because the NFC south sched is BRUTAL, and they have all their hard games right in a row, after their byes.

Carolina can still win this division pretty convincingly as long as mistake free football ensues.

However I haven't worked up the NO Saints record :D excuse me. The 2 and 0 New Orleans Saints :D

okay..i just checked. 3-13 is not out of the realm of possibility, MAAAYYYYBE 4-12. :whew:

Both teams made mistakes and costly penalties, but I'm glad the Vikes were able to squeak out the win. With the way Peppers and the rest of Carolina's D-line was playing, I wasn't sure they could. I hope the Vike's O-line figure something out before this weekends game against the Bears.

As far as I'm concerned, Gambles ill-advised lateral and the reversal of Jake's fumble offset each other and make it a wash. Neither should have happened, and both were game changing plays.

Anyway, great game, and I'm just glad we managed to come away with the W.

Both teams made mistakes and costly penalties, but I'm glad the Vikes were able to squeak out the win. With the way Peppers and the rest of Carolina's D-line was playing, I wasn't sure they could. I hope the Vike's O-line figure something out before this weekends game against the Bears.

As far as I'm concerned, Gambles ill-advised lateral and the reversal of Jake's fumble offset each other and make it a wash. Neither should have happened, and both were game changing plays.

Anyway, great game, and I'm just glad we managed to come away with the W.

The problem with that thinking is that without the bonehead call and bad pass by Gamble the fumble call on Jake wouldn't have occurred. Carolina wins that game without the horrible play call my Fox.

That said I was impressed with the Vikings and gutsy call on the fake FG attempt. You deserved a hard fought win because you guys executed when it counted on Special Teams. :D

the fake field goal for a TD really was huge. Great call to win the game. Childress is getting much props in Minnesota.

I would go as far to say this game will change the outcome of more games because Minnesota found a way to win. Their mentality is different now. Much like Washington made a playoff push last year with those Santanna Moss bombs.

Minnesota looks playoff bound!

the fake field goal for a TD really was huge. Great call to win the game. Childress is getting much props in Minnesota.

I would go as far to say this game will change the outcome of more games because Minnesota found a way to win. Their mentality is different now. Much like Washington made a playoff push last year with those Santanna Moss bombs.

Minnesota looks playoff bound!

well that play only tied it, but I get your drift. Good call, but I think it was more on CAR to completely forget it's a valid NFL play. They were so hell bent and blocking that sucker, that they got caught with their pants down. Period.

UNSUNG HERO

PAUL FERRARO

The Vikings' special-teams coordinator was a special-teams assistant with the Panthers last season, but he claims insider information didn't help him find a weakness that led to his team's key fourth-quarter touchdown pass from Longwell to Owens. "To be honest with you, I had to go back myself and look at all their kicks in '05, even though I was there," he said. "I went back, because you want to go back and look at everything and why and how. So I went back and looked at every snap they took a year ago, along with what they did in the preseason. There was a look that I felt they were susceptible to."

PLAY OF THE GAME

What else? The fake field goal wasn't a fluke, as Ferraro noticed vulnerability in his former team when it lined up a certain way. With an excellent defensive line that features tall players, the Panthers tend to be aggressive in blocking field-goal attempts. Knowing that, Ferraro told coach Brad Childress they might have an opportunity in the game to make a big play. "Coach and I spent some time last week looking at some tape together after I thought we might have an opportunity to run it," Ferraro said. The Vikings were 4 for 4 on the play in practice last week, and they practiced it 10 more times in the inside practice facility. "There was no reason to think we wouldn't complete it in the game," Longwell said.