[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monday Night Football

Menudo

Who Wins Tonight's Game ?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who win's tonight's game ?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Jacksonville Jaguars

Try to avoid the temptation to simply choose the Jaguars because I put up the poll..... :D

This is going to be a battle, as it has been the last two years. Some numbers heading into this:

- The Steelers are 17-2 on the road over the last two seasons. :D

- On their current 8 game winning streak, 6 wins came on the road.

- The Jaguars have a 9-8 edge in the series, one of two teams that have a winning record over Bill

Cowher

I expect this to be a really good battle. The Jaguars match-up very well with the Steelers because they play a similar style of football. They have an incredibly tough Defensive Line. They are big, get penetration to change running back's paths, and do a great job of occupying blockers. Spicer is hurting, and Hayward is out, but, the Steelers will have to be patient with the running game, because the yards will not come easy.

A lot of people are going to point to Roethlisberger coming back from injury as a key point to watch, but, personally, I'm not too concerned. He showed no ill effects in practice this week. The Steelers passing game is going to have to come through with some big plays for the Steelers to have success on offense. They really need to hit some mid to deep passes early to back some of the secondary out of the box.

On the other side of the ball, Fred Taylor is one of only a few RB's who has had his share of success against the Steelers defense. He is a very good cutback runner, and the Steelers Linebackers play very fast and aggressive, which makes cutback runners a threat. The Jaguars also have a distinct size advantage at WR, wth Matt Jones & Reggie Williams.......especially whoever is going against Townsend. The Jaguars, like the Steeelers are going to need to hit some throws early to back the Steelers out of the box.

This is going to be a very good defensive battle, imho, and should be a fun game to watch.

Steelers 17

Jaguars 13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always a tough matchup between these two. I used to hate having them in our division. I have Fred Taylor to thank for my one and only boot out of Three Rivers Stadium on a Sunday night a few years back. Or maybe it was the Cabo Wabo at the tailgate party that is to blame. Regardless, never a pretty game and one that I always hope we squeek out the W.

- On their current 8 game winning streak, 6 wins came on the road.

I've never been really a fan of consecutive streaks that spanned multiple seasons. With the exception of record setting streaks, I don't think they mean much as too many things change from season to season.

I think Jacksonville will put up a fight, but the Steelers are just going to be too much. IF Roethlisberger flounders early but still stays in, then Jacksonville has better odds.

No matter who wins, all I care about is Heath Miller getting 125 points and 2 TDs. Hey, it could happen.

I think Pittsburgh will do better than 17 points...the Jags are very banged up on defense and may be missing as many as four starters; three on the line alone.

From what I've read, Spicer is going to play, and the only guy missing from the line is Hayward.

That's too bad...I was hoping for a nice game from FWP. he may still get it but the going may be a little bit tougher now.

Well, I"m still optimistic for a good game. Running will be hard to come by, but, he will get enough carries to get some moderate yardage on the ground. He is a thread to break one against any defense. I think he might be valuable in the passing game tonight. The Jaguars defense is good, and Ben might have to check down to Parker some tonight. That, along with some designed screens could lead to a decent night for Willie. Here's to hoping.......... :D

I like the Steelers winning this. Anyone here about how NFL Films is doing a special on this game about how well Steelers fans travel with their team? The crowd could be interesting. From ESPN Insider:

This game is being played in Jacksonville and you would think the Jaguars would have a strong home field advantage, but this is a bit of a unique situation. First off, the Jaguars' fans are not considered particularly rabid. On the other hand, Steelers' fans travel very well. These teams used to be in the same division and many Steelers' fans regularly make the pilgrimage from Pittsburgh to Jacksonville.

This week, NFL Films is doing a special on how well the Steelers' fans travel and will be documenting their activities for this contest. Also, the Jaguars sent a mailing as part of their ticket promotions pleading with Jaguars' fans not to sell their tickets to fans from other teams. Keep an eye on what sort of crowd shows up Monday night.

Edited by Goopster24

I like the Steelers winning this. Anyone here about how NFL Films is doing a special on this game about how well Steelers fans travel with their team? The crowd could be interesting. From ESPN Insider:

This game is being played in Jacksonville and you would think the Jaguars would have a strong home field advantage, but this is a bit of a unique situation. First off, the Jaguars' fans are not considered particularly rabid. On the other hand, Steelers' fans travel very well. These teams used to be in the same division and many Steelers' fans regularly make the pilgrimage from Pittsburgh to Jacksonville.

This week, NFL Films is doing a special on how well the Steelers' fans travel and will be documenting their activities for this contest. Also, the Jaguars sent a mailing as part of their ticket promotions pleading with Jaguars' fans not to sell their tickets to fans from other teams. Keep an eye on what sort of crowd shows up Monday night.

In almost every road game the Steelers play, the commentators remark about how they are amazed at the number of Steeler fans in attendance. The Super Bowl was a prime example. It was 85% Steeler fans.

:D Steeler Nation :D

I'm going double of nothing against the Steelers until I win. There, that ought to keep you happy.

Jacksonville 20 Pittsburgh 17

I just don't know if Charlie Batch can keep it together for two weeks in a row. I think the entire games revoles around him, and my prediction is that he will screw it up. Jacksonville will take advantage of a couple of turn overs and end up with a low scoring victory.

I just don't know if Charlie Batch can keep it together for two weeks in a row. I think the entire games revoles around him, and my prediction is that he will screw it up. Jacksonville will take advantage of a couple of turn overs and end up with a low scoring victory.

Roethlisberger practiced all week and is expected to start the game tonight.

Menudo, serious question...have you ever picked the Steelers to lose?

Yes, several times. Most recently, I picked them to lose in last year's playoff to the Colts. Recently, I usually pick the Steelers to win, because, they have been one of the better teams in the NFL and I truly expect them to win most weeks. Ask Patriots, Colts, & Seahawks fans if they think their team will win week in and week out. I think most will say yes most times, so, really, I'm not that different..... :D

Edited by Menudo

Well, I"m still optimistic for a good game. Running will be hard to come by, but, he will get enough carries to get some moderate yardage on the ground. He is a thread to break one against any defense. I think he might be valuable in the passing game tonight. The Jaguars defense is good, and Ben might have to check down to Parker some tonight. That, along with some designed screens could lead to a decent night for Willie. Here's to hoping.......... :D

I'm with you pal. As a FWP owner and as a closet Steeler fan as well! :D

No matter who wins, all I care about is Heath Miller getting 125 points and 2 TDs. Hey, it could happen.

You and me both. I'm down pretty bad this week and I need a big game from the Steeler D and Heath Miller to pull me out of my slump. I think Pittsburgh will win this game, but I don't think my players will show up big enough for me to pull my upset off. I expect a close game as well. I just hope for some defensive turnovers and points (which is possible).

Ben is gonna have some rust, and Jax will be starting 3 WR all 6'4 or better. There are gonna be some matchup issues, and we have a fresh, healthy Freddy.

The game is gonna be close, but I think Jax will be more pumped for this game than the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY. They'll exchange a few turnovers, but Jax will score on theirs.

Jax 27

The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY 17

I think the Steelers take this one tonight.

Hey Menudo, see ya around Ravens/Steelers time :D:D

Your boys are playing well, of course, the Bucs & Raiders didn't do much better in their other games either. Time will tell, but, so far, it appears the AFC North may be the toughest division in football.