[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for someone to blame in DEN?

Bronco Billy

Hey splash splash_bag maybe you should be considering yourself lucky you won, your sorry @$$ team should have been blown out, if not for the clock mgmnt (which Jets fans warned us about) your team was terrible yesterday, the better team did not win, keep telling yourself whatever and I will do the same. I know my team is in trouble........but the Chiefs played that well BECAUSE of Herm, he game planned well. The Donks D couldn't stop LJ even when they knew what was coming, Larry might as well have pointed to the direction he was going to go :lol:

All I have heard the last what 5-6 years is how terrible the Chiefs D is, well they just played better than anyone has in mile high/invesco, whatever you want to call that dump, in a long time. I never came in here other than for my team to get a little respect, the defense is better, we are down our franchise QB who started for 81 straight games. Did anyone give the Chiefs a chance, nope.....did anyone give them props for the way they played.....nope...just shows the class of you Oprah_tards...and Menudo, don't get involved in something that's none of your business, I never do that to you......and I have for the most part always backed you up, maybe I should re-think that :D

uhh, the chiefs lost. you know that. right? even though the broncos played like total dog chit, they were still better than the chiefs. i guess it's cool if you're able to feel good about that and everything. :D:lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's apparent for any D-coordinator with a pulse at this point.

EXACTLY...I mean Herman Freakin' Edwards saw this...

Wake up, Shanny...Mike Bell should be the man. Grow a pair and make a decision. This is like Tom Landry alternating every series between the guy who was there, Craig Morton, and the new guy, Roger Staubach. Team fell flat on its face until he picked Roger the Dodger. Your team is flat right now.

Tatum Bell just wants to be KNOWN as the man...not actually PRODUCE like the man. He thinks he's entitled to it but has not proved it. I really believe that Mike Bell will prove it.

Hey splash splash_bag maybe you should be considering yourself lucky you won, your sorry @$$ team should have been blown out, if not for the clock mgmnt (which Jets fans warned us about) your team was terrible yesterday, the better team did not win, keep telling yourself whatever and I will do the same. I know my team is in trouble........but the Chiefs played that well BECAUSE of Herm, he game planned well. The Donks D couldn't stop LJ even when they knew what was coming, Larry might as well have pointed to the direction he was going to go :D

All I have heard the last what 5-6 years is how terrible the Chiefs D is, well they just played better than anyone has in mile high/invesco, whatever you want to call that dump, in a long time. I never came in here other than for my team to get a little respect, the defense is better, we are down our franchise QB who started for 81 straight games. Did anyone give the Chiefs a chance, nope.....did anyone give them props for the way they played.....nope...just shows the class of you Oprah_tards...and Menudo, don't get involved in something that's none of your business, I never do that to you......and I have for the most part always backed you up, maybe I should re-think that :D

Wow, you seem like a good guy, but, I think you are being a bit thin-skinned here.

Edited by Menudo

The point that BB was trying to make was not what the division of carries is, but HOW the division is made. I'll explain:

Right now Tatum has 31 and Mike 23 carries. The way those were obtained was on a rotation within a game. One series for Mike, one series for Tatum. That plan will not work for the offense over the long haul as neither back gets into a rhythm and the o-line doesn't get used to the way one back likes to run.

If in game one tatum carries the ball 31 times and then yesterday Mike went for 23 carries, BB is saying (and I agree) the results would have been different for all the reasons mentioned in the original post.

Just looking at the number of carries and saying that it's the same as years past does nothing. You have to look at HOW and WHEN those carries are distributed. And right now Shanny is missing the boat, and I'll say it again, he's too darn smart for this to last all season.

I, for one, think there's some credence to BB's point about how having T. Bell in the game affects the designed rollout plays by Plummer. Those plays are CRITICAL to the success of the passing game -- and Plummer's psyche, for that matter -- and it makes sense that they would be flushed out more often if the DL and/or LBs are spreading out.

The goal of any NFL offense -- personnel, formation, & play design combined -- is to make the defenders wonder what's coming next. As BB detailed, that's not happening with T. Bell in the game.

So, the different styles of each RB seems to be the only pertinent issue here -- not necessarily the distribution of carries. :D That being said, I wonder what Az has to say about it... :D

The point that BB was trying to make was not what the division of carries is, but HOW the division is made. I'll explain:

Right now Tatum has 31 and Mike 23 carries. The way those were obtained was on a rotation within a game. One series for Mike, one series for Tatum. That plan will not work for the offense over the long haul as neither back gets into a rhythm and the o-line doesn't get used to the way one back likes to run.

If in game one tatum carries the ball 31 times and then yesterday Mike went for 23 carries, BB is saying (and I agree) the results would have been different for all the reasons mentioned in the original post.

Just looking at the number of carries and saying that it's the same as years past does nothing. You have to look at HOW and WHEN those carries are distributed. And right now Shanny is missing the boat, and I'll say it again, he's too darn smart for this to last all season.

last year, in 10 games out of 16, BOTH mike anderson and tatum bell each had 8 or more carries. and ron dayne had 8 or more carries in 5 of the remaining 6 weeks. there wasn't a single week last season where one back got 80% or more of the carries. not a single week. i'm sorry, but RBBC is NOT a new situation for the denver broncos. the argument against RBBC has ALWAYS been that "neither back gets in a rhythm", but that didn't seem to hurt them too much last year. and since they're 4th in the league so far this year, you can't really say it's hurting them now either.

I, for one, think there's some credence to BB's point about how having T. Bell in the game affects the designed rollout plays by Plummer. Those plays are CRITICAL to the success of the passing game -- and Plummer's psyche, for that matter -- and it makes sense that they would be flushed out more often if the DL and/or LBs are spreading out.

The goal of any NFL offense -- personnel, formation, & play design combined -- is to make the defenders wonder what's coming next. As BB detailed, that's not happening with T. Bell in the game.

So, the different styles of each RB seems to be the only pertinent issue here -- not necessarily the distribution of carries. :D That being said, I wonder what Az has to say about it... :D

that part i agree with. the play calling in general has been predictable and bad. they can't have two different playbooks for each back, makes them way too easy to defend. this has hurt their passing game more than their running game, but it has hurt both.

that part i agree with. the play calling in general has been predictable and bad. they can't have two different playbooks for each back, makes them way too easy to defend. this has hurt their passing game more than their running game, but it has hurt both.

So, you agree with the "main" point of BB's initial post, which pretty much means you agree that Shanahan bears a large part of the responsibility here...:D

I'm thinking you and BB are kinda on the same page, and y'all need to do the hand-shake/man-hug thing. Then show some unified support for your team! :lol:

I think Huddle homers need to stick together. :D

:D

I might die of irony...

You think I'm thin-skinned ? I take more of a beating around here than ANYONE else. Not saying I don't deserve it, but, I've been able to take everything that has come my way.

:D I'm not mad at all. if I make 2-0, and my team is performing okay...then I will be all :lol:

Well, after a very poor 1st year, and a loss in Week 1, having a league leading (so far) point output in week 2 has me like this..... :lol:

By the way,

Week # 3 - Zug Zug vs. Chunky Monkey :D

Lucky Bastage, you get me on LT & Gates by week.........

Edited by Menudo

Welcome to yet another Menudo hijacking....... somehow ended up with a post about

Ben and the Steelers.

Incredible

I don't know if I'm incredible, but, I appreciate your kind words. :D

I think Billy has this right with regard to the Bells, but there are other problems on the Denver offense.

Jake Plummer is looking over his shoulder. Let's face it, he doesn't play well when the pressure is on. He's great as long as his team is in the lead, but they have not looked good and there are already calls for Cutler.

The WRs and TEs are not helping Jake much - not a lot of separation so far. I don't think Walker has his speed back and Rod has been dinged up. Scheffler is still learning how to be a pro.

They better get it together soon, SD is leaving in 5th gear. The good news is, we get OAK twice. :D IT does my heart good to see the Raiders suck this bad. :D