[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Erasmus James Out for the Season

Chadman

Erasmus James Out for the Season

Monday, September 18th, 2006 by Judd Zulgad, Star-Tribune

Vikings defensive end Erasmus James tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Sunday against Carolina and will undergo season-ending surgery. Coach Brad Childress said at his Monday news conference that James is, “making plans right now on where and when that will occur.”

James is expected to rehab the injury for a couple of weeks and then have the procedure.

Said Childress: “He had a great training camp, I’m sorry to see that happen. Unfortunately that’s the nature of this game and it’s a tough part of this game.”

James was injured in the fourth quarter during a 1-yard run by the Panthers’ DeShaun Foster. “I was just holding up the block,” James said Sunday. “I don’t know if someone got blocked into me or someone came down and chopped me.”

Childress did not immediately say how the Vikings planned to replace James. One option is to have rookie Ray Edwards start in James’ place at right end. Another option would be to move Kenechi Udeze to right end and have Darrion Scott start at left end.

Scott became a starter last season when Udeze was lost because of a knee injury.

James will be placed on injured reserve, joining linebacker Chad Greenway (knee); safety Tank Williams (knee); and cornerback Dovonte Edwards (arm).

hmmm....me thinks ray edwards should get a shot first.

purdue homer, and edwards owner...

Darrion Scott will be the replacement. He started for Udeze last year.

BTW, this stuff really should be posted in the IDP forum

Edited by rajncajn