[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Officiating Crew in OU/Oregon game suspended

Sgt. Ryan

I dont agree with death threats or the game not counting. Ive moved on, OU is 2-1 and preparing for week 4 as far as Im concerned. But Stoops said today on his radio show, they will not travel to Washington next yr for the home and home series, unless the pac 10 stance on only having Pac 10 refs changes.

I didn't see the game. But i'm sure that if a public statement was made and officails were suspended, it was clearly very bad calls. I hate to see officials cost teams games whomever the school is. It is sad but a part of the game. I really don't get the point of suspending the refs, if this continues there will be no refs to officiate any game on Saturdays.

Not a week passes that bad calls are made, if the officials are suspended for each mistake, it'll be too much.

I don't think the real issue is the game officials who made the initial calls on the field. All teams have had calls against them and for them. It's part of the game. The issue here is the replay officials who had the benefit of watching the play in slow mo and did not reverse the decision when it was obvious it should have been. It was black and white and now there is the perception of gross misconduct on the part of the replay officials. In this case I don't think a one game suspension is enough. This time it was OU but next time it could be OSU. Do you think you would feel differently if this happened to OSU? I do think the game results should stand though instead of erasing it from the books.

you are a complete liar. I ranted and ranted how bad the officiating was in the Super Bowl, I bet money on Seattle and wanted them to win badly straight up. Flat out lie

Second, I never made one officiating claim in the NC game, another bold face lie. Show me one post where I said officiating had anything to do with anything. OU shot themselves in the foot every time they turned around. That game is completely the Sooner fault. Ive said and I still think that is a great team, and was the best team in the country that year, just not that night.

Coffee, I dont follow this pr*ck around, and could care less if he drops dead. Im sick of his doughnuts, that I block his posts, except I heard about this bold face lie and had to punk this idiot.

Bottom line, Prof, back the off, you are losing more than credability after every post here. Dont make the mistake and lose your ability to post at all.

I thought this was a "game". Does it really matter this much? I don't get it :D

you are a complete liar. I ranted and ranted how bad the officiating was in the Super Bowl, I bet money on Seattle and wanted them to win badly straight up. Flat out lie

Second, I never made one officiating claim in the NC game, another bold face lie. Show me one post where I said officiating had anything to do with anything. OU shot themselves in the foot every time they turned around. That game is completely the Sooner fault. Ive said and I still think that is a great team, and was the best team in the country that year, just not that night.

Coffee, I dont follow this pr*ck around, and could care less if he drops dead. Im sick of his doughnuts, that I block his posts, except I heard about this bold face lie and had to punk this idiot.

Bottom line, Prof, back the off, you are losing more than credability after every post here. Dont make the mistake and lose your ability to post at all.

You HEARD about my lies :D INCREDIBLE! Your reputation on these boards speak for itself. I'm not the only one on these boards that knows your an idiot, There's a LONG line ahead of me. As I said to Coffeeman, I made the mistake of taking your bait and lowering myself to your level and I won't do it again. I love it when pu$$ies like you hide behind their monitors and call people names and cuss. I would love to get the opportunity one day to meet you face to face so I could prove once in for all what a complete FRAUD you are. Enjoy your pathetic life.

You HEARD about my lies :D INCREDIBLE! Your reputation on these boards speak for itself. I'm not the only one on these boards that knows your an idiot, There's a LONG line ahead of me. As I said to Coffeeman, I made the mistake of taking your bait and lowering myself to your level and I won't do it again. I love it when pu$$ies like you hide behind their monitors and call people names and cuss. I would love to get the opportunity one day to meet you face to face so I could prove once in for all what a complete FRAUD you are. Enjoy your pathetic life.

Obviously you couldnt find any posts to back up your claims, and know you were lying through your teeth. :D

How old are you 12. If we met face to face, you would piss on yourself, thinking how am I going to get out of this.

YOu took my bait, you run the same endless drivel week after week, OU sucks, Pac-10 conference of Champions. What is the Pac-10 conference champions of, controversy. Thats about it.

Dude, you bring nothing to this forum. Washington is a joke, hell in your words, my" over-rated" Sooners spanked their ass, so now what. Am I going to get another conference of Champions post. Ill be at WCOFF next September, so if you would love to meet, show up there. Ill even buy you a beer while Im listening to you apologize repeatedly to Ole Sarge.

There's spirited sh&t talking and then there's this juvenile crap that you two continue to drag us through on not one but two current threads. Find a freaking room.

Just in case you were planning on it, I'd appreciate if this post wasn't used as a launching point for one of you to "apologize" for being almost as big of an a-hole as the other.

I think both of your stances are abundantly clear. The only thing in doubt right now is which one of you is a bigger jerk-off. It's a dead heat and I really don't care who wins.

So the pac-10 commisioner rules not only did Oregon touch the ball before it went 10 yards, but also OU recovered the ball. How do officials and the booth miss both of those things in the same play. The commisioner did not stop there, he also said the tipped ball replay was blown as well, leading to even more suspicion.

Alot of good it does us now, but Im glad even the conference recognizes the injustice, and Im sure they are feeling the heat from the NCAA today.. Word out of Norman is the Big 12 is trying to not only get the game nullified, but may stop all affiliation with the conference this year and in the future. How funny would it be if Big 12 schools wouldnt make the trip to the West coast for any more reg season games this season and other conferences follow the same path, costing the conference millions of dollars in ticket sales, tv money for the game, etc... I do think this is extreme, but to even hear it discussed within the conference is wow, out there.

I've heard some scuttle butt on the radio, at work, etc. A very big what if.....What if OU wins out, to include the championship game, and misses a NC shot based on the UO v OU game.(even if this doesnt happen how bad does it hurt them for bowl monies) There could be civil ramafications. Like for instance the Big 12 conf. takes the Pac 10 boys to Civil court for damages based on the replay foul up. Man just imagine the can of worms this could open.........Guess that might hold the ref's feet to the fire!!!!!!!

I've heard some scuttle butt on the radio, at work, etc. A very big what if.....What if OU wins out, to include the championship game, and misses a NC shot based on the UO v OU game.(even if this doesnt happen how bad does it hurt them for bowl monies) There could be civil ramafications. Like for instance the Big 12 conf. takes the Pac 10 boys to Civil court for damages based on the replay foul up. Man just imagine the can of worms this could open.........Guess that might hold the ref's feet to the fire!!!!!!!

I really hope that this does not happen. I think anyone with a halfway objective mind realizes that OU got shafted, as did every other team that plays OU, but this would be really bad for college football. I know that this has really hurt my Longhorns chances of getting a rematch with OSU, because it will greatly effect the strength of schedule, but when I think of what this could do to college football, it is much bigger than one team or for that matter one conference, as in reality not only did OU get shafted, but the whole Big 12 conference. If the NCAA had half a brain they would act as if this game never happened, and alter the record books. However, I can also see where that could cause a problem as well. This is a really bad situation.

You have got to be kidding with this civil suit crap. I guess its even then. OU gets smoked by KSU in the Big12 championship game and still gets to go to the NC vs. LSU, thereby relegating a better 11-1 Oregon team to the Holiday Bowl that year. The Prez of OU needs to stop whining....

Edit to add: In case my stance is not clear - it was a bad call, and at least the replay booth guy should be fired. But the results must stand. Replay makes the mistake more glaring than in the past, but bad calls have cost football teams big games for over a 100 years. Get over it....

Edited by Coffeeman

Give it a break here guys. You all act as if this is the only game that has had any poor calls made at crucial times of the game? There are poor calls, at crucial points, in just about EVERY game that is played.

:D Move on. Take your loss. Quit crying. Look at why you REALLY got beat. Focus on your next opponent.

OU wont win out the way they play defense in the first halves of games. Against Washington and Oregon they allowed those 2 teams to score on their first posession of the game making it look easy. Sure they held those teams to basically nothing in both games until the end of both games, while they got their offense rolling and posing a big lead. But sooner or later that is going to bite them in a legit loss.

I'm not crying or trying to start havoc.......just stating this is some of the talk I have heard around the metro area (OKC,Norman) could be bs but it is being talked about......just passing on the info. Not crying as the jacKa$$ professor would like you to think!!!!!!!!

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

I would really hate to see OU go to the point of not going to Washington to play next year. That would set a very bad precident (sp?) for the future. Every time something bad happens to a team they are gonna cry "I am taking my ball and going home"and cancel games with the offending team/conference? That would suck very bad for the game as a whole.

The best thing OU could do at this point is go to Washington next year and just wipe the floor with them. That would be a better message anyway.

I would really hate to see OU go to the point of not going to Washington to play next year. That would set a very bad precident (sp?) for the future. Every time something bad happens to a team they are gonna cry "I am taking my ball and going home"and cancel games with the offending team/conference? That would suck very bad for the game as a whole.

The best thing OU could do at this point is go to Washington next year and just wipe the floor with them. That would be a better message anyway.

Nah - sometimes you've gotta stand up. Pac10 wants to insist and insist that it's their officials only in these cross-conference games, and this reaction is justified since their insistence put the poorest officials yet seen call a game.

--------------

12:41 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 19, 2006

By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News

The Pacific-10 is unlike other conferences in that it does not allow its officials to work nonconference road games. It also does not allow the visitors to bring officials in from other leagues.

That's why a Pac-10 crew worked the Oklahoma-Oregon game Saturday. A Big 12 crew officiated the 2004 Oregon-OU game in Norman.

"We think our officials are honest, and we would hope that other conferences are officials are honest as well," Pac-10 spokesman Jim Muldoon said.

Leagues routinely flip officiating crews for the visitors. For example, a Big 12 crew worked the Texas-Ohio State game in Columbus, Ohio, last year. A Big Ten crew worked the game in Austin this month. The officials are usually determined when the game contracts are first negotiated.

----------------------

After their cock-up they need to drop their policy or lose games. Get with the rest of the NCAA, because the rest of the NCAA doesn't have home officials handing the game to their teams. :D

Nah - sometimes you've gotta stand up.

So you stand up by threatening to quit unless you get your way? That is exactly what the AD from OU is doing. I totally get the fact that they are pissed about the situation. But officials have been blowing calls and affecting the outcome of games since this game was invented. It happens. The good teams get over it and move on. And I am sure that is what OU will do. I am just ready for this whole thing to go away, and move on to next week. Tailgating down at the Shoe for the Penn St. game. Come on Saturday.

I dont agree with death threats or the game not counting. Ive moved on, OU is 2-1 and preparing for week 4 as far as Im concerned. But Stoops said today on his radio show, they will not travel to Washington next yr for the home and home series, unless the pac 10 stance on only having Pac 10 refs changes.

This is getting ridiculous. OU got jobbed - move on quit talking about canceling a 2007 game vs. a completely different school- are you effing kidding me? The reality is the Pac 10 uses home refs, and sacks up and plays interconference road games without any Pac 10 officials traveling, one of th eonly major conferences to do so- which says alot. I am sure there have been cases, maybe not as blatant, but still game-deciding homer calls in the tough road games the Pac 10 plays every year.

As a college football fan this sucks though- conference refs feeling like they have to travel to stick up for their squads?? not good.

So you stand up by threatening to quit unless you get your way? That is exactly what the AD from OU is doing. I totally get the fact that they are pissed about the situation. But officials have been blowing calls and affecting the outcome of games since this game was invented. It happens. The good teams get over it and move on. And I am sure that is what OU will do. I am just ready for this whole thing to go away, and move on to next week. Tailgating down at the Shoe for the Penn St. game. Come on Saturday.

An OU win over Texasssss will make it all better......... :D

That's all well and good, but they need to stand up to the Pac 10's insistence that it's their way or the highway. They wanted it like that, and still ahve yet to produce a good reason for it happening.

I don't see it as quitting, because the Pac10 should no longer have their way with this type of stuff - see above post.

There is a big difference in loosing a football game and loosing a basketball game. Both in title contention and in $ that comes into a conference and a program. Comparing the two is asinine. I like Texas Tech much more than I like OU, but even I can see the stupidity in the comparison.

When OU beats Texas, it won't be 2006. On the topic though, OU was robbed blind in what was probably the worst call i've seen in my life in a football game. Does it really matter? probably not because with OU losing Bomar at the beginning of the year, they will lose again...at least once. I give Stoops credit for fighting because he should, and honestly this year the pac 10 might be better. Tech is awful, nebraska is underachieving, a&m is awful, ou lost bomar and can barely stay ranked...and texas is hanging on to represent the big 12. c'mon big 12 pac 10 bowl matchups!! :D