[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones

RokoMotion

Wille Parker 8 rushes for 9 yards

Taylor 8 for 16 yards

Hines ward o catches o yards

Rothlberger 60 yards passing O TD

Leftwich O TD, 1 INT, 112 passing yards

Vernon Hayes leads Pit recievers with 21 yards

Williams leads Jax receivers with 29 yards.

THE POINT IS>>> Nobody looks good so far tonight..

Matt Jones had a slow start in the Dallas game too.

To be honest, I don't know why Del Rio doesn't just make this the Byron Leftwich / Matt Jones show. The guy is money when they throw him the ball and it's accurate. I've tracked him last week & tonight and he he's dropped one pass and that was the Hail Mary at the end of tonights half in amongst a crowd.

Of course if you're only going to drop one ball, that was NOT the one to drop.

One problem I see is that Lefty seems still a little slow at reading D's (of course this is the Steelers D). Watching him tonight on passing plays, I only see him scan half the field before committing to a pass. If Jones is not on the half of the field Lefty is scanning, he doesn't get a target.

One problem I see is that Lefty seems still a little slow at reading D's (of course this is the Steelers D). Watching him tonight on passing plays, I only see him scan half the field before committing to a pass. If Jones is not on the half of the field Lefty is scanning, he doesn't get a target.

I see the same thing. no time to throw = one look and checkoff. the jags are doing the same to rothy.

Matt Jones was going way too high in many of the drafts I participated in this year. And I don't think the problem is him....he has 2 other talented receivers to take catches away and the Jags aren't in a pass heavy offense....Right now picking R. Williams in the last round or so of a draft looks a lot better than the guy who reached for Matt Jones in Round 6

Matt Jones was going way too high in many of the drafts I participated in this year. And I don't think the problem is him....he has 2 other talented receivers to take catches away and the Jags aren't in a pass heavy offense....Right now picking R. Williams in the last round or so of a draft looks a lot better than the guy who reached for Matt Jones in Round 6

Reggie Williams is definitely looking to be a steal for those who drafted him late, but taking Matt Jones who was publicly labeled as the Jags #1 WR in the 6th, was hardly a reach.

Reggie Williams is definitely looking to be a steal for those who drafted him late, but taking Matt Jones who was publicly labeled as the Jags #1 WR in the 6th, was hardly a reach.

Except for the fact Jaxsonville WR situation appears to be as muddled as the Bronco RB situation (I was just throwing round 6 out there....I heard the name Matt Jones often and early at WCOFF this year).

I was not gonna take Wilford or Jones where others were willing to take him... but getting R.Williams in the 16th? Now THAT is value. :D

Yep, pretty good value there H8tank. It's always those late round value picks that can make a team.

...but it doesn't beat picking RWilliams up off of waivers before last weeks' game for the league minimum $1 in a $500 cap league...

Good value there as well muck. Luckily for you he was on your leagues WW to begin with and then lucky again that no one else bid for him.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky, than good. :D

I was playing vs. Reggie Williams and down 6 pts. That late 4th quarter toss in the endzone would have won the game for me! Jones is def the 3rd down and end zone target in this offense. He had a good shot at the hail mary too.

I'm pretty sure I'll bench him for T. Williamson in week 3, but I think he'll be in my lineup again soon.

He's a very good #4 WR and solid #3 in my opinion. He played against two very tough Ds, where very little offense took place overall. Yet he still had decent numbers and endzone looks. (that one loft was just a bad pass)

He's going to have some big games this year.

I don't get it - the guy has put up very solid receiving stats thus far - nothing spectacular, but 70 yards is nothing to sneeze at. His TDs will come, as he looks like their #1 red zone target - they've just played some tough Ds and haven't put up ridiculous amounts of points.

Next week against Indy could be his breakout game.