[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis

ShotDoctor

I don't have anything. Heard through the grapevine. Checked Fanball.com and there's nothing talking about it. maybe its a farce. If anyone hears anything....

:D Never post injuries without a link!

Just a heads up, if you look at my original post, i said i had heard rumors of a worse injury and was looking ofr more substantiated claims, hence me posting the question. wouldnt post an injury. i just traded for the guy, want to make sure the rumors im hearing in my leagues chat room are either incorrect or unsubstantiated. take care.

:D Never post injuries without a link!

Just a heads up, if you look at my original post, i said i had heard rumors of a worse injury

:D

No you didn't...nowhere in your original post do you say it's a rumor. Why would I ask you for a link to a rumor? :D

"I'm hearing that he will be starting Week 3. I'm also hearing his injury might be a lot worse than anyone is letting on. What's the deal there? Any insight?"

In the future if you're going to post rumors as information, spell it out for us Ok?

For example;

"I'm hearing that he will be starting Week 3. But on the other hand and this is only a rumor, I'm also hearing his injury might be a lot worse than anyone is letting on. What's the deal there? Any insight?"

See the difference?

Your post says you're hearing his injury might be worse, than is being let on.

The other posts says you're hearing a rumor that his injury might be worse, than is being let on.

I think this may be where the rotator cuff info came from. This is on the ESPN Fantasy Injury Report:

• Like everyone else, the back and forth of Clinton Portis and Joe Gibbs made me think that Week 2 would be like Week 1 and that Portis would play. Cue Lee Corso -- not so fast! Portis actually injured the shoulder during his Week 1 game, as was masterfully reported by Andrea Kremer, which created a degree of uncertainty for Portis' return. When Portis originally injured his shoulder, the subluxation didn't worry me due to his strong upper body and lack of additional damage in the shoulder capsule. Top ortho Jim Andrews saw much the same. When Portis injured his rotator cuff, the group of muscles that holds the shoulder in place, the risk went up significantly. Depending on the severity of the cuff tear, the integrity of the shoulder might be compromised, meaning he's going to be dealing with this over and over until he's pushed to the surgeon's table. Indications are that the tear is minor, but let's be honest -- no one seems to be getting clear signals from the Redskins right now. Portis' value has to be downgraded on the uptick in risk.

My question to you guys is...

Is the Redskins offense going to get on track when Portis comes back? Are Santana Moss and Antwaan Randel-El going to get on track or at least score a couple TD's here and there, or will it just continue down the miserable road its on and end the season even worse than when it started?

Alright, well my apologies. I believe that if someone read that post they would be able to see through the semantics and get to what I was really asking, which was if anyone had heard any stories with regard to an injury more significant than what we have all heard through various news sources. Just trying to figure out whether the trade I made for him was a bust or not. Thank you to whoever posted the ESPN story.

:D

No you didn't...nowhere in your original post do you say it's a rumor. Why would I ask you for a link to a rumor? :D

"I'm hearing that he will be starting Week 3. I'm also hearing his injury might be a lot worse than anyone is letting on. What's the deal there? Any insight?"

In the future if you're going to post rumors as information, spell it out for us Ok?

For example;

"I'm hearing that he will be starting Week 3. But on the other hand and this is only a rumor, I'm also hearing his injury might be a lot worse than anyone is letting on. What's the deal there? Any insight?"

See the difference?

Your post says you're hearing his injury might be worse, than is being let on.

The other posts says you're hearing a rumor that his injury might be worse, than is being let on.

I would think Portis' health combined with their schedule will dictate their success. HOU wk 3, JAX wk 4, NYG wk 5.

Is the Redskins offense going to get on track when Portis comes back? Are Santana Moss and Antwaan Randel-El going to get on track or at least score a couple TD's here and there, or will it just continue down the miserable road its on and end the season even worse than when it started?

That is a complicated question. Portis is head and shoulders above Betts, although Betts is adequate. But with a new offensive scheme and Brunell, adequate isnt enough. Brunell absolutely needs Portis, IMO, because Portis can force defenses to play up. He is quite capable of hundred plus yard days against the best defenses and carried the team on injured shoulders the second half of last season on that six game winning streak. Brunell was also injured and close to useless during the end of the run, if you remember.

If Portis is playing and IF he is at his normal ability level, Brunell and the offense should open up. The last two weeks, both defenses played zones and dared Brunell to beat them and he couldnt. He needs Portis back and the coaches know that.

My answer is this: if Portis is healthy, Brunell and the whole offense will do significantly better. If not, we may see some improvement as they get more efficient in Saunders' offense, but my expectations for Cooley, Moss, Lloyd and Randle El are significantly diminshed. My homer opinion is that Portis is back and back running hard until his body gives out, which I hope does not happen.

Edited by skins

I'm hearing that he will be starting Week 3. I'm also hearing his injury might be a lot worse than anyone is letting on. What's the deal there? Any insight?

From an undisclosed source I know personally, I've heard that it is a lot worse. Portis is in a coma but they are going to put T.J. Duckett in his uniform and make him wear a visor and hope the opposition doesn't recognize it.

I can't devulge my informant.