[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Mason

showtyme5

When is this guy going to produce? I drafted him in the 5th round as a #2 wideout thinking he was gonna blow up this year (I even passed up Roy Williams). In the preseason, he looked like a guy ready to explode, but in the first two weeks he hasn't really done much. Do you guys think he's going to have a good year? Should I expect more production out of him in the coming weeks? Let me know your thoughts.

BALT has had 2 consecutive games where they haven't really needed to pass much. Once the competition gets a little tougher, they'll need to get the passing game a little more involved.

Even though the Ravens didn't need to pass against Oakland, McNair did target Mason 11 times according to the game scan, including once inside the 10 yard line. The combo of playing against a cupcake defense and McNair having an off day (was only 16 of 33) made for a modest stat line for Mason.

Anytime a WR is targeted 10+ times, the QB has confidence in them... so it's only a matter of time before they produce.

Even though the Ravens didn't need to pass against Oakland, McNair did target Mason 11 times according to the game scan, including once inside the 10 yard line. The combo of playing against a cupcake defense and McNair having an off day (was only 16 of 33) made for a modest stat line for Mason.

Anytime a WR is targeted 10+ times, the QB has confidence in them... so it's only a matter of time before they produce.

Mason also had a catch where he was tackled on the 1 and thanks to T. Heap they Ravens scored on the next play. :D Give it time.

I have Mason too and share your feelings. I was looking for a bigger game last week, but it was not Mason's fault. I think he is a solid #2 WR and will have some very nice weeks. I think the two weeks we have seen will be lower than normal for him. Even with his subpar performance, his is still getting looks, yards, and rec. I would me more worried if he disappeared for large parts of a game, but that is not happening.

I'm still hoping that he turns in some monster games, but I am kinda tempering that expectation a little because of McNair's play. I don't know if it is really realistic to expect that out of this offense. Don't forget with a strong D, they should not be so far behind that they start passing like crazy.

Mason is going to be fine. Once the Ravens are in a dogfight, and actually have to pass the ball in the second half (McNair has thrown 7 and 13 in the 2nd half of the past two games), Mason will start to really produce. Don't panic at all with him.

McNair's accuracy stinks...particularly downfield. It's killing Mason and Clayton. I am grateful I snagged Stallworth as my sleeper wideout in the league in which I own Mason.

Funny that Derrick Mason has become one of the most solid fantasy wideouts over the years WITH McNair throwing him the ball. :D

Mason will be fine when the Ravens quit playing teams they are annihilating whereby the games are over just after halftime.