[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Reggie Williams for real?

Duchess Jack

Week 1 - 6 for 47 and a TD against the cowboys...

Week 2 - 8 for 95 against the steelers?

Granted, the numbers could use some improving - but he is looking dangerously like the no 1 or no 2 in Jax

:D

He was drafted high and now he is showing that he may not be a bust after all. Seems like Leftwhich is looking his way a lot. Anyone have the numbers on how many times Leftwhich has targeted Williams, Jones, and Wilford for the first 2 games?

I never got the love for Wilford. And I never bought into the Matt Jones hype. Jones could be solid in a year or so, as he has the physical skills.

Williams has been right on the cusp of busting out for awhile. He looks good. Just grabbed him in one league w/ lax waiver/free agent rules.

He was drafted high and now he is showing that he may not be a bust after all. Seems like Leftwhich is looking his way a lot. Anyone have the numbers on how many times Leftwhich has targeted Williams, Jones, and Wilford for the first 2 games?

Well I can tell you he caught 8 or 9 balls last night, enough to beat me in one league, and was targeted a couple of other times...

Intriging idea... don't think that could ever happen though... :D

You know... I recall something like that last year. Hmmmmm.

Who has more value at this point, Williamson or Williams.... and how close is it? I assume Williamson, but the last couple weeks intrigued me.

Huh. I thought we had that here... not that I don't trust DMD's word, but I'd be interested to see where he gets those numbers. I need to scrape through NFL.com a bit more perhaps.

Stats Inc maybe?

Williams owners can thank Jimmy Smith. As long as he was there he was going to get the great majority of the throws. Now that he's stepped down the other recievers are realizing their potential & IMO now they look to have a much more balanced and improved passing attack.

I agree with everything said so far. One more thing to consider is the 3rd year receiver rule. Make or break year for a lot of WR's throughout the years. Reggie looks like he is making it. At least so far. With TO broken and on bye, and Rod Smith sucking in general, he will be starting for me next week.

you have to like the way they were using him...i.e., lots of short-to-mid range targets trying to let him use his athleticism to rack up some YAC. based on last night i'd have to say he's THE jax WR to own, with matt jones right behind and wilford back a ways.

Well said on all accounts. :D

he freak'in dominated the pac 10 his sr. year here @ UW.... he was unstopable.

He's got all the physical skills for sure.

You mean his junior year? He wasn't much during his senior season.

Correction: QB Cody Pickett wasn't much during his senior season.

Edited by kerwin8

Reggie looks more like the clear no. 2 WR to me. He is a possesion receiver and Matt Jones is the down the field big play threat. Williams career YPC is about 11 which is low and right about what he's on pace for this year. So far all the catches and good start is nice but I'd much rather be a Matt Jones owner. The guy looks like a stud in the making and definate 3rd year WR breakout for 2007.

Reggie looks more like the clear no. 2 WR to me. He is a possesion receiver and Matt Jones is the down the field big play threat. Williams career YPC is about 11 which is low and right about what he's on pace for this year. So far all the catches and good start is nice but I'd much rather be a Matt Jones owner. The guy looks like a stud in the making and definate 3rd year WR breakout for 2007.

:D The Huddle contingency is split on this one. It seems as Matt Jones might be the red zone guy (then again I think R. Williams is the only WR to catch a TD so far), but they both have big play potential. For one reason or another Reggie Williams seems to be getting more looks than Matt Jones in the first 2 games.

I don't have the numbers but you Seattle homers have me eating crow for sure. I'll admit, I was one of the doubters and even considered Reggie a bust. Looks like he's starting to prove the doubters wrong and people like Bushwacked more than just pro-homers. I salute you sir! :D