[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How important is a 'stolen sign'?

Coffeeman

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5981168

So Musberger has loose lips - is this a big deal? Besides the Trojans merely changing the hand signal during practice this week, what damage does this do? I have the same question about the coaches who always cover their mouths as they talk to players on the sideline. I guess to keep someone in the box from reading lips on tv and relaying that back down to the field?? They don't cover their mouths when talking to the guys upstairs, but they seem to love to cover up when talking to a QB during a timeout.

In other words, can an opposing D really adjust fast enough before the snap after their D play is called, even if they (in turn) recognized that Booty knew what coverage they were in? I think things happen too fast out there to risk throwing your D guys into confusion via shouting a new play in the split second before the snap. They just have react to what the O does anyway...

Off topic: the reading lips thing reminds of the Seinfeld eppy where Marlee Matlin does that at a party at the insistence of George, but Kramer tries to interpet and gets it all wrong. Classic! BTW, she is member of our swim club in Pasadena. Nice lady, and I see she's on Extreme Makeover this season. Good for her...

Edited by Coffeeman

That is outragous. USC should threaten to never play a televised game again unless Musberger is fired. They've got to send the networks a message.

I think your tongue is firmly in cheek, therefore you're agreeing with me that its no big deal. right?

Booty is the idiot in this story. Hard to blaim the media since everyone knows that's what they do for a living; report crap like this. Booty gave him the story.

"egregious breach of trust. Brent is not a rookie at this, and he should know better."

Give me a break. :D