[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why the bears will crush the vikings

crispirons

I think it's going to be a close game. I think our secondary is good enough to cover your receivers. I think we're weak at LB, which means TJ could have a nice afternoon. I think the Bears defense is one of the best in the NFL, but our offense is different than it's been in the past. We have a QB that makes very few mistakes, a healthy Birk and new Hutch, a new RB and a new FB, all of which are improvements over last year. We have a coach that finally has some control over the team, and has them more disciplined and making fewer mistakes than they ever did under Tice. I like this team. Are they a top team in the NFC? Nope. But I think they're good enough to play with anybody, and at home I think they have a chance to beat the Bears. Vikes 16 - Bears 10.

I like what Hugh One has said here ^

This game, like nearly all games, will be won or lost on the lines IMO. If the Vikes can get to Grossman, knock him around, and get him out of his comfort zone, they have a good chance. They need to try to make the Bears O as one dimensional as they can. Losing Erasmus doesnt help with this, but someone will have to step it up. Minnesota must not play from behind in this game!!

Offensively, it is imperative that they protect well for Brad Johnson and establish some success running. As much as the Vikes will want to make Chicago one dimensional, they must do their best to keep the same from happening to their own offense. This game will be very tough to win if they are not balanced on O. This will be a big test against a very aggressive good defense.

Also, the Special Teams need to be outstanding because Chicago's usually are good. As always, field position will be critical and the Vikes need to make the Bears earn everything they get. Can not afford to give them a short field to work with by allowing big kick or punt returns.

Looking forward to watching a great game(from the book at Caesars in Vegas! :D ) with the Vikes pulling out a tough one 17-14.

Skol Vikings :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until the Bears can actually string more then 2 games together (against quality opponents, not the cream puffs they have been playing) I will consider the output a fluke.

Bears Offense, they haven't proved it yet.

Vikings win this one....

.......And the Vikings offense scored how many TD's vs the Panthers?? 0! Longwell threw the only TD, a KICKER!!! Carolina's D is good, Chicago's is as good if not better. Bears win by at least 10 points. Granted. GB and Det are pretty bad teams, Min and Chi both won games they should have won. (Portis-out, Smith-out) If these guys play, I don't think Min is 2-0, more like 0-2, and this thread wouldn't have even been started.

Until the Bears can actually string more then 2 games together (against quality opponents, not the cream puffs they have been playing) I will consider the output a fluke.

Bears Offense, they haven't proved it yet.

Vikings win this one....

The Vikes have won both their games by 3 against two teams that should have beaten them but didn't. Washington, who have been exposed as way worse than anyone thought (see Dallas on Sunday) and Carolina, who would have won handily but for an insane trick play attempt by the Panthers, then a really well executed one by the Vikes.

I do think Childress has made progress with the Vikes, but the loss of Erasmus may be bigger than it seems, plus the Bears are showing an intensity and teamwork that few, if any, can match right now.

If the Vikes go behind early, it could be a long day for them.

Sorry for the intrusion, and anyone who calls the Vikes overrated is pretty much clueless. They beat an overrated Redskin team without Portis, and a Carolina Panther team without Steve Smith and Dan Morgan.

OK - so they beat two depleted teams and are underrated? :D:lol::lol:

OVER!RATED! :D

i think johnson will be dumping it off to chester all day to save his old ass. chester in a ppr league could be nice this week. who knows MAYBE one of chicago's dbs will trip and fall and chester will take it to the hizzy! can you tell that i have chester in a ppr league? :D

OK - so they beat two depleted teams and are underrated? :D:lol::lol:

OVER!RATED! :D

Exactly. No one is rating them high. I'm a Vikes fan, and am certainly not over rating them, which my post made quite clear. See, I have the ability to be objective, a skill many of you lack. Please show me, or explain to me, why you are calling them overrated. I'm waiting.

I'm saying they're overrated in the sense that they're not as good as their record indicates imo.

Besides, I'm just busting balls and I would?lt make any bet on this game, such is this rivalry (I remember 1999 when in Week 2 or 3 the Bears went to Minny for a game no one thought they coud compete in and they won it.)

I'm saying they're overrated in the sense that they're not as good as their record indicates imo.

Besides, I'm just busting balls and I would?lt make any bet on this game, such is this rivalry (I remember 1999 when in Week 2 or 3 the Bears went to Minny for a game no one thought they coud compete in and they won it.)

Wurd on the busting balls, it's all good. But dammit man, you can't blame the Vikes for taking advantage of some injuries and winning 2 games. It doesn't make them overrated. Opportunistic and somewhat lucky perhaps, but not overrated. When they beat the Bears this week and all the sports reporters start calling them the best team in the NFC, then we can re-visit this. :D

:D

Wurd on the busting balls, it's all good. But dammit man, you can't blame the Vikes for taking advantage of some injuries and winning 2 games. It doesn't make them overrated. Opportunistic and somewhat lucky perhaps, but not overrated. When they beat the Bears this week and all the sports reporters start calling them the best team in the NFC, then we can re-visit this. :D

They're not overrated. Washington were grotesquely overrated and the Vikes beat them, but only by three. Washington are a poor team, thus the Vikes are better than a poor team. Carolina are a good team and would / should have won but for a moment of lunacy. The Vikes beat a good team but were lucky. That said, the Vikes did win and are clearly a team under control (for a change) with so far decent coaching but they do lack explosive talent.

The Bears played two piss poor teams and thrashed the pair of them, which is as it should be for this season. This weekend the challenge for the Bears will be greater but the Vikes should not be able to stop them if the Bears play like they did the first two weeks.

They're not overrated. Washington were grotesquely overrated and the Vikes beat them, but only by three. Washington are a poor team, thus the Vikes are better than a poor team. Carolina are a good team and would / should have won but for a moment of lunacy. The Vikes beat a good team but were lucky. That said, the Vikes did win and are clearly a team under control (for a change) with so far decent coaching but they do lack explosive talent.

The Bears played two piss poor teams and thrashed the pair of them, which is as it should be for this season. This weekend the challenge for the Bears will be greater but the Vikes should not be able to stop them if the Bears play like they did the first two weeks.

I agree with everything but the last sentence. Minnesota is a new team. While I don't think the Vikes are great, the Bears offense still blows (sorry, I really tried, but couldn't come up with another word that gets my point across). Chicago has an awesome defense, and you're 100% right, we don't have Steve Smith, but we do have an offense that can be effective and make few mistakes. I think things are lining up for a Vikes win my friend. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

For us gamblers, I think this is an easy under game.

you would think so right????? the line opened at 33 and overnight sun/mon it went to 34.5. it now stands at 35. what i've seen so far, is that large moving spreads (2 plus pts) that are bet on TEAMS have lost 5-1. 2-1 last week and 3-0 the first week. (last week jags/steelers game for instance moved 4 pts. on the steelers) BUT........when the spread moved on the over/under in a big way, the bettors were right. made me think, stupid public money bets on teams and make lines move, syndicate goodfellows bet on over/unders and make lines move. this is all only after 2 weeks and i'm sure things will change. just an observation from a degenerate gambler.

and hugh......the bully bears are going to hit, smack, thwap, crunch, and physically manhandle your little team up there this week. heres to a brutal raping of the purple p u s s i e s.

hey, i will give you credit, you won't lose as bad as the other division rivals have. :D

I wouldn't call myself a Bears fan, but if they are going to wing the ball like that this season, you can count me in the CJ.

This is now a fun team to watch, until Grossman gets inj.........well, let's try not to think about that.

Da Bears 135 Vikings 3

Let's see what Chester Taylor is made of now.

Wing it all you want. Hopefully for Bears fans, he does better than these guys:

FANTASY POINTS PASSING

WK POS PLAYER TM VS FP ATT CMP YDS TD INT

1 QB Mark Brunell WAS MIN 7.22 28 17 163 - -

2 QB Jake Delhomme CAR MIN 7.24 33 17 181 - -

Rivalry? Nah, not much of one:

Vikings all time regular season record against NFL teams

Thru the 2005 season

Team Overall W-L-T Home W-L-T Road W-L-T

Arizona 8-9-0 3-4-0 5-5-0

Atlanta 14-8-0 8-2-0 6-6-0

Baltimore 1-2-0 - 1-2-0

Buffalo 7-3-0 3-1-0 4-2-0

Carolina 3-3-0 3-2-0 0-1-0

Chicago 48-39-2 28-17-0 20-22-2 :D

Cincinnati 5-5-0 4-0-0 1-5-0

Cleveland 9-3-0 6-1-0 3-2-0

Dallas 10-9-0 4-7-0 6-2-0

Denver 7-4-0 4-2-0 3-2-0

Detroit 58-29-2 31-12-1 27-17-1

Green Bay 44-44-1 23-21-0 21-23-1

Houston 1-0-0 - 1-0-0

Indianapolis 7-13-1 7-4-1 0-9-0

Jacksonville 2-1-0 2-1-0 -

Kansas City 4-4-0 3-2-0 1-2-0

Miami 4-4-0 3-2-0 1-2-0

New England 4-5-0 2-1-0 2-4-0

New Orleans 17-7-0 11-2-0 6-5-0

NY Giants 10-8-0 4-4-0 6-4-0

NY Jets 1-6-0 1-2-0 0-4-0

Oakland 3-8-0 2-3-0 1-5-0

Philadelphia 11-8-0 6-2-0 5-6-0

Pittsburgh 8-6-0 4-2-0 4-4-0

Saint Louis 17-13-2 10-2-2 7-11-0

San Diego 4-5-0 3-3-0 1-2-0

San Francisco 18-17-1 12-8-0 6-9-1

Seattle 3-6-0 2-2-0 1-4-0

Tampa Bay 31-19-0 18-7-0 13-12-0

Tennessee 7-3-0 6-1-0 1-2-0

Washington 5-7-0 2-4-0 3-3-0

Wing it all you want. Hopefully for Bears fans, he does better than these guys:

FANTASY POINTS PASSING

WK POS PLAYER TM VS FP ATT CMP YDS TD INT

1 QB Mark Brunell WAS MIN 7.22 28 17 163 - -

2 QB Jake Delhomme CAR MIN 7.24 33 17 181 - -

nice stats. the bears oline is one of the best in the business. it might be by land that the bears win this one. also, stats don't hit back like the bears oline/dline/linebackers hit. :D:D:brew:

nobody mind me if i'm being a p r i c k, i'm venting with the bears because my whitesox look like they will fail to make the playoffs after winning it all. :lol::lol:

Honestly the Vikings have a long ways to go before they can be considered one of the better teams in the NFC, let alone the NFL. They're clearly on the right track though. I'm excited for watching the progress week by week and so far give Childress pretty high grades. Tomlin has the defensive play ramped up as well.

nice stats. the bears oline is one of the best in the business. it might be by land that the bears win this one. also, stats don't hit back like the bears oline/dline/linebackers hit. :D:lol::woot:

nobody mind me if i'm being a p r i c k, i'm venting with the bears because my whitesox look like they will fail to make the playoffs after winning it all. :lol::brew:

Go Twins! :D

Go Twins! :D

hats off to your boys. great season. i actually do like seeing small market teams do well. just wish they weren't in our division. as far as i can remember as a kid, the twins have had our number. i'm sure there might be some discrepancy from season to season, but they seem to always step up against us.

hats off to your boys. great season. i actually do like seeing small market teams do well. just wish they weren't in our division. as far as i can remember as a kid, the twins have had our number. i'm sure there might be some discrepancy from season to season, but they seem to always step up against us.

Actually I haven't followed much baseball for probably over 10 years. I do like to see the Twins do well though. Especially to spite the rest of the league for wanting to contract the franchise. I also love to see the Yankees lose. I have a fellow former minnesotan at work here who's a Yankee fan. I give him lots of grief for that.

nice stats. the bears oline is one of the best in the business. it might be by land that the bears win this one. also, stats don't hit back like the bears oline/dline/linebackers hit. :D:lol::woot:

nobody mind me if i'm being a p r i c k, i'm venting with the bears because my whitesox look like they will fail to make the playoffs after winning it all. :lol::brew:

Yeah, maybe...

FANTASY POINTS RUSHING RECEIVING

WK POS PLAYER TM VS FP ATT YDS TD TGT REC YDS TD

1 RB Jason McKie CHI GB 7.60 3 10 - 4 4 26 -

1 RB Thomas Jones CHI GB 7.30 21 63 - 1 1 - -

1 RB Cedric Benson CHI GB 3.40 11 34 - 2 - - -

2 RB Thomas Jones CHI DET 7.60 21 64 - 1 1 2 -

2 RB Jason McKie CHI DET 3.50 - - - 2 2 15 -

2 RB Cedric Benson CHI DET 2.50 10 25 - - - - -

2 RB Adrian Peterson CHI DET 0.10 1 1 - - - - -

Honestly the Vikings have a long ways to go before they can be considered one of the better teams in the NFC, let alone the NFL. They're clearly on the right track though. I'm excited for watching the progress week by week and so far give Childress pretty high grades. Tomlin has the defensive play ramped up as well.

Agree 100%. Well said. :D

You gotta like Grossman's pace though. At this rate he's projected:

304/424 71.70% 4,408 YDS 40TDs 8INTs :D

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get to play the Packers and Lions every week.

His numbers will end up more like this:

3200 yards, 22 TD's, 14 INT's.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get to play the Packers and Lions every week.

His numbers will end up more like this:

3200 yards, 22 TD's, 14 INT's.

That's if he stays on the field. Let's hope so. Those look like reasonable numbers if he does.

Hey Hugh.....I went a little crazy on the young rbs this year.

Would you roll the dice on Benson this week? Otherwise I could do Addai vs. Jags(he's playing well but a tough matchup) or Norwood @ the Saints?

Thanks!