[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And so they begin..

cliaz

Bye weeks are precisely why I build my team with depth. Injuries as well, but you could go the whole year without an injury, however unlikely that that may be.

Bye weeks, however, are with us every year.

Having said that, I am still hating the fact that LJ is off this week...!

I found myself in a couple of strange situations on draft day where there was a player on the board in the mid-late rounds who was clearly better (in my humble opinion) than the next best available player. But, that player had the same bye-week as my starter at the same position. For example, I took Tom Brady fairly early in one draft and in the later rounds, Charlie Frye was (again, in my humble opinion) the best available player with the most upside at my pick. However, he has the same bye-week as Brady. It wasn't worth trading down at this point because we were in the late rounds of a 16-team draft so there wasn't a lot of talent available. In the past, I probably would have passed on Frye and taken some scrub that I could stick in there on Brady's bye-week, but I decided this year to take the best available player and to just try to find a band-aid for week 6 (NE & CLE bye). It happened in my dynasty league too where I had Plummer and Roethlisberger (both week 4 byes) as keepers, but Cutler was sitting there at my pick and he was clearly the best available player so I took him. Again, I'll have to find a band-aid for week 4.

In the past, I've always made adjustments for bye-weeks, but this year I decided to just try to get the best player available. I figure its better to have more talent and just try to find temporary solutions for those problem bye-week situations. Not sure how it will turn out as I've never taken this approach before.

I found myself in a couple of strange situations on draft day where there was a player on the board in the mid-late rounds who was clearly better (in my humble opinion) than the next best available player. But, that player had the same bye-week as my starter at the same position. For example, I took Tom Brady fairly early in one draft and in the later rounds, Charlie Frye was (again, in my humble opinion) the best available player with the most upside at my pick. However, he has the same bye-week as Brady. It wasn't worth trading down at this point because we were in the late rounds of a 16-team draft so there wasn't a lot of talent available. In the past, I probably would have passed on Frye and taken some scrub that I could stick in there on Brady's bye-week, but I decided this year to take the best available player and to just try to find a band-aid for week 6 (NE & CLE bye). It happened in my dynasty league too where I had Plummer and Roethlisberger (both week 4 byes) as keepers, but Cutler was sitting there at my pick and he was clearly the best available player so I took him. Again, I'll have to find a band-aid for week 4.

In the past, I've always made adjustments for bye-weeks, but this year I decided to just try to get the best player available. I figure its better to have more talent and just try to find temporary solutions for those problem bye-week situations. Not sure how it will turn out as I've never taken this approach before.

I have never drafted with byes in mind. Get the best talent available in the respective draft position and make a trade down the line. The secret to this is proposing the trade on an upswing for your trade bait and NEVER let on to the tradee that you are trying to fill a blank bye week spot. Your opponent WILL use this knowledge to his advantage, feeling that you are desperate and he WILL low ball you.

I personally won't hold you to those words, who else is going to give us all of the poop threads if you jump off a building when the Skins are 0-3 :D

well it's either that or you all will see on the 5pm news that a man dressed in a cowby jersey, wearing a Giant hat and eagle starter jacket has driven a white box van into fed ex field and taken Danny Snyder hostage with a bag of dog poo and three midget S and M strippers with strap ons.

well it's either that or you all will see on the 5pm news that a man dressed in a cowby jersey, wearing a Giant hat and eagle starter jacket has driven a white box van into fed ex field and taken Danny Snyder hostage with a bag of dog poo and three midget S and M strippers with strap ons.

LMAO :D

I have never drafted with byes in mind. Get the best talent available in the respective draft position and make a trade down the line. The secret to this is proposing the trade on an upswing for your trade bait and NEVER let on to the tradee that you are trying to fill a blank bye week spot. Your opponent WILL use this knowledge to his advantage, feeling that you are desperate and he WILL low ball you.

Until this year, I always paid attention to bye weeks during the draft and avoided players if it would have caused me to have multiple byes at the same position for the same week. I scrapped that this year after watching too many players that I COULD have drafted go off during the course of the season.

I'm in two leagues this year and will have issues in one league where a bunch of my players are on bye in week 7. However, I've come to the opinion that it's just one week and my team is stronger over the course of the entire year if I take the best player available in the draft regardless of bye.

Now that would be entertaining right there :D

Until this year, I always paid attention to bye weeks during the draft and avoided players if it would have caused me to have multiple byes at the same position for the same week. I scrapped that this year after watching too many players that I COULD have drafted go off during the course of the season.

I'm in two leagues this year and will have issues in one league where a bunch of my players are on bye in week 7. However, I've come to the opinion that it's just one week and my team is stronger over the course of the entire year if I take the best player available in the draft regardless of bye.

What is up with Week 7? I had a problem with week 7 in more than a few positions. I made a 5 player trade to relieve an issue I had at RB with SJax and Frank Gore. I wish I had Gore back. I wish I would have waited to see where I was come week 5 or so before I made the deal. I am eyeballing some others though with bye issue to try and coax a trade to improve some depth - esp def and pk.