[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brunell Needs Replacing

Wizards

Many owners are talking about Brett Favre, Kerry Collins, Volek, Plummer, Warner...Brunell needs pulling!!

Washington needs to cut bait right now with Brunell...he has happy feet with a weak arm....3-4 times he threw the ball this past Sunday and the ball came up way short of the WR....8 in the box and Brunell can't throw....a prescription for no running or passing game, thus 10 points (7 of which was the 100 yd. kickoff return)...true it was a sloid "D" in the Cowboys....but come on....Collins and even Campbell could do better with the weapons on the Skins "O"!!

Question is who and when....Gibbs is a master at doing the right thing....think Brunell's days are numbered after Joe gets a look at the game film........ :D

I would love to see Brunell get pulled for Campbell. I think if Brunell does get the hook, Collins will be the first to see action, he's been in this offense and seems to know it. As a Redskin fan I want Campbell, I want to see what he can do. They say he's the qb of the future for the Skins, lets find out.

I would love to see Brunell get pulled for Campbell. I think if Brunell does get the hook, Collins will be the first to see action, he's been in this offense and seems to know it. As a Redskin fan I want Campbell, I want to see what he can do. They say he's the qb of the future for the Skins, lets find out.

Kind of like Patrick Ramsey was :D

Many owners are talking about Brett Favre, Kerry Collins, Volek, Plummer, Warner...Brunell needs pulling!!

Washington needs to cut bait right now with Brunell...he has happy feet with a weak arm....3-4 times he threw the ball this past Sunday and the ball came up way short of the WR....8 in the box and Brunell can't throw....a prescription for no running or passing game, thus 10 points (7 of which was the 100 yd. kickoff return)...true it was a sloid "D" in the Cowboys....but come on....Collins and even Campbell could do better with the weapons on the Skins "O"!!

Question is who and when....Gibbs is a master at doing the right thing....think Brunell's days are numbered after Joe gets a look at the game film........ :D

Hold on a sec. I'm not a Brunell lover or a Skins homer but do you mean to say that the same guy who had a solid season last year, got more weapons in Randle El and Lloyd and a guru as an OC this year, is no longer good enough? Ya think that NOT having Portis, far and away their BEST offensive player, has something to do with that? What makes you think that Campbell and Collins could handle 8 in the box? Wait until Portis is healthy and then draw a better conclusion.

BTW, if Campbell were the answer, he'd be starting this year.

None of those guys are the answer at QB.

I think last year may likely have been a "swan song" of sorts for Brunell, who traditionally relied a lot on his scrambling ability during his career but no longer has for the most part. As for the "upgrades" they are HIGHLY overblown. Lloyd looks flashy at times but is unreliable (granted he's young and there's hope that will change, but wouldn't hold your breath). R-El is a nice sort of wild-card player to have around but as a WR is clearly not starter material.

Collins is a career backup for a reason.

Campbell is young but IMO is not the answer either. He kinda reminds me of Batch; sort of that guy who can make a play - even some very good ones - at times but not reliable enough, making too many mistakes/bad throws.

GB another Snyder-run team sucking :D Thank you Mr Gibbs for screwing up the most important position on the team. Now pls go back to racing and let Spurrier or someone even worse become HC before you figure out a way to will this team back in the playoffs somehow.

Hold on a sec. I'm not a Brunell lover or a Skins homer but do you mean to say that the same guy who had a solid season last year, got more weapons in Randle El and Lloyd and a guru as an OC this year, is no longer good enough? Ya think that NOT having Portis, far and away their BEST offensive player, has something to do with that? What makes you think that Campbell and Collins could handle 8 in the box? Wait until Portis is healthy and then draw a better conclusion.

BTW, if Campbell were the answer, he'd be starting this year.

Not to be nitpicky, but the term "8 in the box" usually means the defenses are stacking the line to stop the run. I haven't seen a lot of Washington playing so far, but with Portis out I wouldn't think this would be the case.

as a homer..

this team has a lot of problems... starting with ppor running game without portis and crappy O line play. I think brunell is really strugling with Sounders O system and id this is going to be an off yera, i would rather get the kid inthere to see what he is really made of.

Realistically this point will be moot after this week.. w portis back i think skins will win and brunell will keep his job.. plus gibbs has some man love for brunell and i think for some reason feels like he owes him.

Uhhhh......WIZ? Where were you last night......you missed your Late Bloomers draft. :D

Not to be nitpicky, but the term "8 in the box" usually means the defenses are stacking the line to stop the run. I haven't seen a lot of Washington playing so far, but with Portis out I wouldn't think this would be the case.

Yes...you're right...got a bit ahead of myself there... :D

Yep. A disaster for Skins fans, you could see this coming with Brunell and they were seriously pushing their luck by counting on him this year IMO. Just cannot make all the throws, open the field up for the running game. He had a nice run for parts of 2005, but he is done.

Now the genius that is Gibbs/Snyder may have to fall back on Campbell or Collins........awful with actually some serviceable backups around last off season.