[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this not the silliest thing you have ever heard

peteteacher2001

A league that I am in, 2nd year and won last year, bunch of casual acquaintances, has a rule of NO waiver wire moves until after week 4! The league has denied my request to change it to the beginning of the season 2 years in a row now. Is this not the most rediculous thing as a fantasy owner you have ever heard?

Had to vent as I see Brandon Jacobs, Micheal Turner, Colston, etc. floundering on the waiver wire.

I know I know, go ahead and bash me but this is the same league that allowed Tiki to fall to 9th and it's perfomance scoring.

I can imagine how week 4 gets......total mayhem....hope you guys charge per add/drops.

A waiver wire system that does power rankings with the worst team getting the 1st option. My team is currently 2-0, like that matters, but would love to have just a bit more RB depth. Oh well, as one has already said, rules are rules.

When I first started out FF, the Wwaiver wire would only run a handful times a year and not on week 1. But that league was still run by hand and the then-commish did not want to do this every week.

But once we started using an internet management program that does that, that rule was thrown out to allow it every week since.

We have a charge per add drop and one dude has already made 8 changes. CHA-CHING.

We used to do that in our local. The initial fees were only $20, but each add or drop was $2.50. It was nothing for me to rack up $60-$80 a year on just add/drops. I usually ended up making it back though.

Edit to say our screwy salary limitations were usually the cause of many drop/adds.

Edited by rajncajn

My opinion is that whatever rules were set before week 1 should be the rules to follow for the season. Once the season is over try to get them to allow waiver moves every week. That's part of the fun of playing fantasy football - each week, trying to figure out ahead of everyone else who are "THE" players to choose on the waiver wire. :D

This is just a rule made to protect weaker owners. Savvy FFers are watching for opportunity to knock at all times. If there is a 4 week hiatus in the WW, it allows all owners to see players develop a performance history. That's probably why not many owners want to change the rule either - it's in their own best interest to keep the rule intact.

If it makes you feel any better, this kind of rule does help enforce parity in the league somewhat, so the league ought to remain competitve longer than most leagues. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you can live with some doofus getting a plum in week 4 when you knew he was breaking out in week 2.

The main problem that I see is not being able to replace injured players (as another Huddler has only pointed out). In the local league that I run we have implemented waiver wire transaction periods for the first time. Basically it's Tue - Thu 6p - 12a and Fri 6p - 1p Sun. It's not perfect but it makes things a bit fairer for those who have limited access to a computer.

In my leagues, we never have a WW, we never have a max amount of moves, we never even pay for add/drops. It's first come first serve feeding frenzy. Luckily, I usually win this battle. I'm pretty obsessed when it comes the free agency and make a very strong team throughout.

Downside: i never have anyone I can drop to pick up that quality guy rotting on the WW. So I'm ALWAYS trying to make trades where I give 2 and get 1 stud in return, so i have another open spot to get my gem.

But it usually doesn't happen. People are scared to trade, and it usually takes too long for them to accept a trade, and by then, he's gone. I always feel like he was the most important FA pick up too :D

Colston got picked up in a league where I've been WAITING to get him. But no one would accept a trade from me, and by the time I decided to just drop someone else, he was gone.

I also will employ the tactic of dropping a D/ST for a few days, just to get that WW Gem onto my roster, and then attempt to make a trade so I can grab my D/ST back. :D

If we paid per add/drop, I'd have to give all this up. (By this, i mean my house and cars, because I'd be BROKE from add/drops)

When I first started out FF, the Wwaiver wire would only run a handful times a year and not on week 1. But that league was still run by hand and the then-commish did not want to do this every week.

But once we started using an internet management program that does that, that rule was thrown out to allow it every week since.

When I first started in my local league, they didn't have waivers. They had one mid-season draft and that was the only chance to add any players to your roster. I introduced the internet to the league and that was changed.

I was in a league for 1 year like that. No moves till week 4. Only 5 WW moves allowed total. Head to head with no playoffs. Got into the league with a co-worker.

Like I said, 1 year. I heard the league has since dissolved. Wonder why

A league that I am in, 2nd year and won last year, bunch of casual acquaintances, has a rule of NO waiver wire moves until after week 4! The league has denied my request to change it to the beginning of the season 2 years in a row now. Is this not the most rediculous thing as a fantasy owner you have ever heard?

Had to vent as I see Brandon Jacobs, Micheal Turner, Colston, etc. floundering on the waiver wire.

I know I know, go ahead and bash me but this is the same league that allowed Tiki to fall to 9th and it's perfomance scoring.

No, not the most ridiculous thing.

Other than the negative aspect of not being able to cover injuries the first four weeks, for me it would probably save me some $$ for the fliers I take on the WW early in the season and they just end up sucking. :D

the real question is that is so silly is how did you let Tiki fall to the 9th

Nope.

Far sillier are those scoring systems that award QBs and WRs double points for a rushing TD and RBs double points for a receiving TD.

theres nothing silly about that scoring...

making a QB's TD 4 pts instead of 6 points is what I find silly...there's no difference as every team has a QB...