[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commissioners, your input please

Grits and Shins

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you're upset because it affected the outcome of your game...

I'm not upset at all, as again, it's a free league...and for that matter, if my game had been against any of the other 10 owners in this league, I wouldn't have a problem with not changing it...but the owner who I lost to is one of those guys that takes several days to make each of his draft picks, never ever posts on the forum as to why he can't make his picks (tied up, away from the PC, etc)...but yet, the moment his team is 'slighted' in any way shows up within minutes to post...

So this is all just 'therapy' for moi... :D

Or maybe the scoring hasn't been corrected yet because the man is holding me back.

Sad but true...our only connection to this owner is through his translator (Blitz). All our messages/correspondence have to go through him to actually get to this GM. We all B&M during the draft but until Blitz actually goes and finds hims, it's to no avail...

For Gods sake, get control of your league man.

:D I would only give myself the loss as commish..and change it from here on out. It unfortunately lies on your head as it is your responsibility to make sure the league rules are set up properly..Avoid the headache..Technically you lost so its fair..The guy in week one gets a freebie..

I have a genuine interest in this topic as it is my team who played the Jax D and was not credited with the seven points. First off, as this league is strictly for bragging rights with no money involved, it would be ridiculous to go back and redo past years. More discussion would be warranted if money were involved.

Generaly shutouts in the NFL are uncommon, so to not have caught this previously is not unreasonable. The only reason I caught it was because I lost by such a small margin and knowing Jax had a shutout I looked at our bylaws as I couldnt believe any defensive scoring wouldnt have credit for a shutout. It was a Monday night game and I needed my D (Jax) to out score his D (Pitt) by 7 points to win. Thus here we are.

I believe that since it was caught the week it happened it should be corrected. I also believe that since it is still very early in the seaon week one should also be correcred and we should move on. Whats right is right.

Although I dont post much I do respect most of the opinions on this board and will abide by the concensus decision here, even if I dont like it, the most you will get from me is an F-OFF. :D

This is a fun league that I have enjoyed since its inception and Blitz is a top notch commish. So no hard feelings either way. :D

Can't win this one, just make a decision and go with it. I say no votes! Go with 1A or B, I lean toward B only because it is in fact in this season and early at that. We can all play the what if's and when is too late in the season, but this example is week 2, so you don't have to answer the what if's, I mean you are not a fortune teller. In this specific case I like 1B, make the decision and execute!

Blitz, correct both instances for this year and move forward with the rules for this year on. No need to go back, although Bear's check that no games were affected should make you feel better. You're the commish and you abide by the rules...even if it means a loss for you.

I'm not upset at all, as again, it's a free league...

1. If it's a free league, why was this even posted? Seriously, this is mickey mouse.

2. Blitz, you're a good guy, and correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe you have consistenly been one of the biggest wh0res for MFL over the years. Don't be blaming anything on MFL.

3. Also correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are at the forefront of espousing the point of view that commisioners should take complete responsibility for their leagues, act to a higher standard, etc.

The rules are there, you are the commish, the rules were violated, MFL is the most perfect software ever created, so you are completely responsible for this error. Since it's a free league, this shouldn't even be an issue, because it's trivial in Oprah-like proportions. Should we debate your shoe preferences as well? However, if you must pretend this is worthy of something, then I think you should man up to your error, go back and correct all scores for the past three years. Anything less than that belies everything you claim to believe in.

1. If it's a free league, why was this even posted? Seriously, this is mickey mouse.

2. Blitz, you're a good guy, and correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe you have consistenly been one of the biggest wh0res for MFL over the years. Don't be blaming anything on MFL.

3. Also correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are at the forefront of espousing the point of view that commisioners should take complete responsibility for their leagues, act to a higher standard, etc.

The rules are there, you are the commish, the rules were violated, MFL is the most perfect software ever created, so you are completely responsible for this error. Since it's a free league, this shouldn't even be an issue, because it's trivial in Oprah-like proportions. Should we debate your shoe preferences as well? However, if you must pretend this is worthy of something, then I think you should man up to your error, go back and correct all scores for the past three years. Anything less than that belies everything you claim to believe in.

I never blamed MFL ... clearly it was my error ... what made you think otherwise. This is so NOT an MFL issue. I am perfectly willing to correct this week and take the loss as in reality my team DID lose. It's week 1 that is the real issue.

I never blamed MFL ... clearly it was my error ... what made you think otherwise. This is so NOT an MFL issue. I am perfectly willing to correct this week and take the loss as in reality my team DID lose. It's week 1 that is the real issue.

I have seen MFL not import scoring correctly frm one season to the next for a league. It happened in a league I am in (but not the ommish of) this season.

I think 1c is the clear choice. The games were incorrectly scored and should be corrected. I can't see how anyone could possibly have a problem with the games being scored correctly. This isn't s statistical mistake on the part of the site (which I would equate to an official making a bad call in a game), it's a programming mistake that should never be allowed to affect the outcome of games (which I equate to the official scorer marking the wrong score down).

I am sorry, but I still stand by the opinion that once a week is "closed" it is CLOSED. It should not be in the hands of a commissioner or a website to double check scoring for a said game.

I think you should correct this week and make the adjustment and move on.

This reminds me of a golf game I had with a friend...............we played skins.........he kept the card.....he lost, paid me a few measly dollars........a couple days later he says he was looking at the card and realized he got a 6 on a the 7th hole not a 7 and should have won 4 skins........needless to say I laughed him off.

You should consider a poll with this and go with the decision made.

Unlike theeohiostate I don't believe I "control" the league ... I'm more of a facilitator/administrator.

An unfit, incompetent facilitator/administrator. Only a dope like Dicks and Sh!ts can run a league like that. Boy am I glad he ignores my posts as I don't have to deal with his stupidity. By the way my solution for this problem is to simply tell the other owners that you're a moron and are incapable of running a Fantasy League the way it should be run. After you make that announcement step down as commish and let someone with at least half a brain take over. :D

I have to go with this one as well. An owner has the responsibility to make sure that his team has been scored correctly. If I was in a close game and I saw that my DEF had shut out their opponent, you better believe that I would make sure I recieved those points.

An owner should check his/her scores each and every week. If there is a problem with the scoring, as provided by the rules, he should bring up the problem to the commish to review and change correctly if need be. After that week has passed, too late so sorry. You cannot go back one, two or more weeks and adjust errors and change outcomes.

Ditto what Canes said. Each owner needs to take responsibility for checking their scoring for a particular week.

You should fix it for this week and have it corrected for future weeks. No one caught it last year so those stats are in the book. End of that story.

Good luck....