[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priority News correction

peepinmofo

Laveranues Coles - WR, New York Jets 9/21/2006

New York Jets wide receiver Laveranues Coles (calf) was limited in practice Wednesday, September 20th, and is listed as Questionable for week three.

Coles owners would hate to have any injury dampen his great start to 2006, especially with two rookie cornerbacks awaiting him in Buffalo this Sunday.

The rookies would be the safeties, not the CB studs we have. :D

It doesnt matter though. Loveyouranus wont do much either way against us. :D

New York Jets wide receiver Laveranues Coles (calf) was limited in practice Wednesday, September 20th, and is listed as Questionable for week three.

The Bills are 12th against WR's this year. Certainly not great.

Edited by Randall

Coles owners would hate to have any injury dampen his great start to 2006, especially with two rookie cornerbacks awaiting him in Buffalo this Sunday.

The rookies would be the safeties, not the CB studs we have. :brew:

It doesnt matter though. Loveyouranus wont do much either way against us. :D

:lol:

Uh, Oh............. :D

Here comes Rovers............... :lol:

Hey peepinmofo, what's the over/under on Losman passing yards this week? Did it crack triple digits? I would have expected it to be around 95 yds, give or take.

Signed,

A pissing Lee Evans owner in 2 leagues

haha... Im not worried about their fantasy production if they keep playing well. Im more concerned with McGahee, but I too have Evans as a 3rd WR, so Im hoping for the same thing you are...

FWIW, I think they will eventually start throwing more once Losman becomes more comfortable with everything. That doesnt mean he will throw WELL, but I think they will throw MORE.

Based on what? Yardage? TDs? Bottom line is, they have a great secondary, and if they can shut a guy like Chambers down (who was supposed to be good), they can definitely shut down a guy like Coles.

Wasn't it really Culpepper that got shut down? The way Pennington has played thus far, he presents a far greater threat then C-Pepp, and Coles and Cotchery are off to phenomenal starts.

IMO, all three Jets have a great game IF -- big if here, with two rookies and in injury to their best lineman, Kendall -- the Jets protect Pennington.

Edited by The Wolf

Was it really Culpepper that got shut down? The way Pennington has played thus far, he presents a far greater threat then C-Pepp, and Coles and Cotchery are off to phenomenal starts.

IMO, all three Jets have a great game IF -- big if here, with two rookies and in injury to their best lineman, Kendall -- the Jets protect Pennington.

CPep didnt play well because our defense rattled him. I dont know how Penn will play under that kind of pressure, but I can hope.

I think Penn is a better QB then CPep, but I think we will bring him back down to earth. Just an opinion... maybe a strong opinion, but still just an opinion.

The biggest homer for the bills! I bet Coles goes 100yrds and 1 td!

You bet your a$$ I'm homer for the Bills. Coles will get 100 and td...only becuase they have no running game at all. We will see what happens.

Another week another skeptic on the Bills..there were some last week before they went to Miami and kicked there butts in Miami's own house. The Jets are coming to Buffalo for good old fashion butt wipping...just my opinion take it for what it is. My homer glasses have gotten about a 1" thicker since the Phins game. Hopefully they don't get broken this weekend...LOL

Edited by hause62

FWIW, I think they will eventually start throwing more once Losman becomes more comfortable with everything. That doesnt mean he will throw WELL, but I think they will throw MORE.

Do you, as a homer, actually believe that Losman will amount to anything as a NFL QB? Just curious, because with this being his third year in the league and having accumulated a few starts by now, he has had exactly 1 game with 200+ yds passing, and his ypa over the past 2 years has been the lowest of any NFL starter, and is actually lower than about 10-11 other non-starting QBs who were forced into starting duty by injury. In other words, his ypa is about 44th/45th in the league amongst QBs in the past 2 years that have had significant meaningful playing time.

I'm about to dump Evans in a redraft league because there are about 3-5 WRs on the WW who look like they will at least match his production this year and whose output will be a lot more consistent week to week. As far as dynasty, I'm stuck with Evans and have to hope BUF gives up on the Losman experiment next season.

Do you, as a homer, actually believe that Losman will amount to anything as a NFL QB? Just curious, because with this being his third year in the league and having accumulated a few starts by now, he has had exactly 1 game with 200+ yds passing, and his ypa over the past 2 years has been the lowest of any NFL starter, and is actually lower than about 10-11 other non-starting QBs who were forced into starting duty by injury. In other words, his ypa is about 44th/45th in the league amongst QBs in the past 2 years that have had significant meaningful playing time.

I'm about to dump Evans in a redraft league because there are about 3-5 WRs on the WW who look like they will at least match his production this year and whose output will be a lot more consistent week to week. As far as dynasty, I'm stuck with Evans and have to hope BUF gives up on the Losman experiment next season.

I think Losman could amount to a Dilfer type QB, where he can eventually learn to win games by not losing them. In other words, he could become a smart QB that would rely on the defense to do their part in not allowing many points. Do I ever think Losman will be a fantasy worthy QB? Id have to lean towards no. How does that affect (effect?) the WRs value? Well, it sure doesnt help them.

Losman could be a decent bye week filler eventually, but right now they are running a lot and not passing much. Until they feel he can get the job done with his arm, they wont have him throw a whole lot I would think.

Truthfully, I like Losman, but I dont know that he is the QB answer for the Bills.

No offense to Bills fan but I hate Lossman. I would rank him the within the 3 lowest starting QBs in the league this year.

I do like the Bills D tho

None taken. I understand why people dont like him. The Bills traded a TON to get him, and for how hes performed he isnt worth it. However, I still truely believe he hasnt had enough time to determine his skills. Hes had good games, and bad games. Mostly bad. You need to allow a QB at LEAST a full season IMO, to see how they will fair in the future. He has started a total of what, 10 games now? Thats unfair to judge him based on that I think.

The current coaching staff will allow him to develop and see what he can become. If he cant cut it, they will do what they have to do. No more BS coaching staffs in Buffalo me thinks...

None taken. I understand why people dont like him. The Bills traded a TON to get him, and for how hes performed he isnt worth it. However, I still truely believe he hasnt had enough time to determine his skills. Hes had good games, and bad games. Mostly bad. You need to allow a QB at LEAST a full season IMO, to see how they will fair in the future. He has started a total of what, 10 games now? Thats unfair to judge him based on that I think.

The current coaching staff will allow him to develop and see what he can become. If he cant cut it, they will do what they have to do. No more BS coaching staffs in Buffalo me thinks...

I've never really followed the coaching situation in Buffalo but.......Dick Jauron?????? Be afraid, be VERY afraid. :D