[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith returns to practice

Fantasy Jesus

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/spo...rs/15573818.htm

Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith practiced Thursday morning.

Smith has missed the first two games and the entire preseason with injuries to both hamstrings and an ingrown toenail.

Smith's latest injury was to his right hamstring but the fact he returned to practice is a sign he's progressing and could play Sunday at Tampa Bay.

Finally.

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

Panther Dave will tell us the real deal.....He is always on top of the Panther situation. Hopefully he is ready to go but if it takes another week to be fully ready I'm ok with it.....

Do not get me wrong I want him back in my line up ASAP no doubt......if he does paly the question will be how effectively or will he help out Key Johnson by just being out on the field....lots of questions but if it is announced that he is playing Sunday morning he will be in my line up either way....

Looking forward to hearing my Panther Dave on this topic

Panther Dave will tell us the real deal.....He is always on top of the Panther situation. Hopefully he is ready to go but if it takes another week to be fully ready I'm ok with it.....

Do not get me wrong I want him back in my line up ASAP no doubt......if he does paly the question will be how effectively or will he help out Key Johnson by just being out on the field....lots of questions but if it is announced that he is playing Sunday morning he will be in my line up either way....

Looking forward to hearing my Panther Dave on this topic

Panther Dave is not the only Panther homer here..... :D

If Steve plays again tomorrow, I think there is no way he doesn't play this weekend. Like Trots mentioned, Steve plays with a chip on his shoulder and the recent rumors about his dogging it to try and get a new contract has made him more than a little irritated. My guess is that the Panthers will come up off the mat and get their first win on Sunday thanks to the arrival of SS in the lineup added with a little splash of DW. :D

I heard him on NFL radio this morning just PO'd that the rumors were flying about him faking it.

I would be too. They are 0-2 without him. I think he is the type of guy who would come out and say it (ask for a contract) and not hurt the team that way.

It appears that Smith will play, he was in fine shape Wednesday after the running and agility drills, if there were any down falls after Thursday practice-we will no tomorrow. I think the turn has been made and Smith returns Sunday vs Tampa Bay, plus, add the now "chip on the shoulder", and he could come up hugh.

It appears that Smith will play, he was in fine shape Wednesday after the running and agility drills, if there were any down falls after Thursday practice-we will no tomorrow. I think the turn has been made and Smith returns Sunday vs Tampa Bay, plus, add the now "chip on the shoulder", and he could come up hugh.

I'm pumped. Let's hope that we get to see him.

I would like them to stop having him return kickoffs!!!

Don't worry about kickoffs. DeAngelo is the main guy there. There is a good shape that Gamble will continue to handle punt returns (despite is gaff last week) to not risk Smith returning punts.

This sounds crazy, but I may just sit him one more week. I hit the proverbial gold mine when I drafted

Stallworth as a bye week filler. He's been much more than that. If Carolina was 2-0, my bet would be that they'd sit him one more week. But being 0-2, it's time for draastic measures. Hopefully Steve doesn't reagrivate the hammy. I'll wait till Sunday morning and if he's a go, I'll put him in there WITH Stallworth.

My gut tells me he'll sit one more week. He's not the same Steve Smith of old. He's more mature, and understands how important he is to the team, as well as how important his body is to himself. The decision will be Smittys, and I'm all for him sitting one more week.

As a Panther die hard, and a Smitty owner, I still say sit him. He's worth the wait, and i think CAR can focus on the things they did good vs. The Vikes, and pull out a win, without him.

There's enough film on what the Bucs have done wrong the first two weeks, I think they go 0-3.

:D of course. I would wait for Smitty to rush back just one week early, and never quite get healthy. However, if he does play, I get the feeling he won't be much of a factor, merely a decoy.

A decoy for what? no TD passes? No passing yards? no running game?

Trust me if he plays and I am very very convinced he will he will be out there for more than a decoy.....They need him badly as an 0-3 start to this season for a potential Superbowl contender is not acceptable.

They need a win and Steve Smith gives them that edge....He will play and will have a decent game (just my personal opinion of 'course)