[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones

Jackass

He's gone up against two tough defenses so far. Keep in mind that as long as Roy Williams doesnt hold on runs ran away from him, Jones would have about 100 yards more offense. If Jones can hold onto the ball, he'll be fine.

Spot on. he has no history of fumbling, so I gotta believe the last 2 weeks were somewhat flukey.

At first I was going to reply to this by disagreeing with you... Then I thought about it. I agree.

both situations are pretty identical....we expected him to be a top 10 back because of a strong stretch he put up the previous year and last year the thing was "when does KJ get Sledge back?"...now it's "when does Caddy get both of his guards back?"....even though I think one of them played last week...

both situations are pretty identical....we expected him to be a top 10 back because of a strong stretch he put up the previous year and last year the thing was "when does KJ get Sledge back?"...now it's "when does Caddy get both of his guards back?"....even though I think one of them played last week...

Yeah, Buenning was back. I don't really expect to see Davin Joseph do as much as people think. We have to remember that he is just a rookie, so I dont know what kind of boost he can give the offense. If I was a Caddy owner (Traded him for Frank Gore and Duece McCallister in my dynasty last year) I would be way more concerned with Chris Simms, his lack of a clue as to how to play, and Gruden's insanity when it comes to play calling.

Yeah, Buenning was back. I don't really expect to see Davin Joseph do as much as people think. We have to remember that he is just a rookie, so I dont know what kind of boost he can give the offense. If I was a Caddy owner (Traded him for Frank Gore and Duece McCallister in my dynasty last year) I would be way more concerned with Chris Simms, his lack of a clue as to how to play, and Gruden's insanity when it comes to play calling.

Maybe the Bucs could trade for an experienced qb who's a backup for another team but would be a quality starter. like, i don't know, someone like, say Brian Griese :D

I still believe that Kevin Jones is a servicable #2 RB in PPR leagues. All things considered, he did better that I expected against Chicago. But my greatest concern is that he isn't displaying much gumption on his own. He's too dependant on his line to open hole for him and appears to struggle gaining "that extra yard" on his own. I've seen that kill a few drives, and it concerns me in goal line situaitons. However, he's a critical component to the Lions' passing game, so he remains valuable in that regard, even if his rushing skills are a little weak.

I still believe that Kevin Jones is a servicable #2 RB in PPR leagues. All things considered, he did better that I expected against Chicago. But my greatest concern is that he isn't displaying much gumption on his own. He's too dependant on his line to open hole for him and appears to struggle gaining "that extra yard" on his own. I've seen that kill a few drives, and it concerns me in goal line situaitons. However, he's a critical component to the Lions' passing game, so he remains valuable in that regard, even if his rushing skills are a little weak.

I guess I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. Most of the nice runs he’s had this year are because he’s breaking tackles, bouncing off people or pulling spin moves. Half the time he’s being tackled behind the line or running into a cluster of guys where there should be a hole. My biggest complaint is that he seems to miss cutback lanes sometimes and instead tries to turn the corner.

I just traded Colston and a late 1st for him & Plummer in Fusion so he'd better produce. I also have Calhoun & Cutler on my DTS though, so hopefully I'm covered if they don't. :D

Wow...seems like you got a very nice deal, there. :D KJ has been kinda disappointing so far, but I would never have given him up for a late first and a rookie WR with a couple of decent games under his belt.

Wow...seems like you got a very nice deal, there. :D KJ has been kinda disappointing so far, but I would never have given him up for a late first and a rookie WR with a couple of decent games under his belt.

We'll see, I could end up with two busts as well.

I agree here...KJ is being used in the passing game and can be a decent bye week fill in with good upside..

I agree here...KJ is being used in the passing game and can be a decent bye week fill in with good upside..

I'm sure most didn't draft KJ to be a decent bye week fill in, that's the problem. Unless you got lucky later in the draft, yer stuck starting him every week.

I guess I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. Most of the nice runs he’s had this year are because he’s breaking tackles, bouncing off people or pulling spin moves. Half the time he’s being tackled behind the line or running into a cluster of guys where there should be a hole. My biggest complaint is that he seems to miss cutback lanes sometimes and instead tries to turn the corner.

Yeah, Jones has been fighting, but getting little to know help from his team... He's had a few big plays brought back all because of Roy Williams spare ass. Jones is hungry...

I'd say Colston and some marginal 2007 rookie have much better chances to be "busts" than KJ and Plummer. At least the latter have done something in the NFL for longer than 2 games. :D

Nice trade, rajn -- as usual. :D

I'm not one to consider Kevin Jones a bust quite yet. We're only coming up on week 3, and he just got finished playing against two very tough defenses. I'm waiting 'till around week 5 or 6 to really make a solid opinion about his playing status for the rest of the season.

Giving KJ an opportunity to start this week against GB. History says he'll put up decent #'s. he's being running a little hesitant this year and needs to hit the hole hard, and then break tackles. KJ should have a productive day 100 rushing (I know is a stretch) and 25 receiving with a short TD.

As for Roy, I thought he'd be more of a deep threat with kitna throwing the ball. He should break out of his 2 game scoring drought and find the end zone once (hopefully twice) this weekend.

Giving KJ an opportunity to start this week against GB. History says he'll put up decent #'s. he's being running a little hesitant this year and needs to hit the hole hard, and then break tackles. KJ should have a productive day 100 rushing (I know is a stretch) and 25 receiving with a short TD.

As for Roy, I thought he'd be more of a deep threat with kitna throwing the ball. He should break out of his 2 game scoring drought and find the end zone once (hopefully twice) this weekend.

even though im very tempted to throw deangelo out there, im not sure if i totally trust his situation just yet...im gonna give kj another crack