[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carnell Williams

Avernus

Here's my 2 cents on Williams. The Bucs have played two tough teams in Balt and Atlanta. Both teams have great run Def. Also, Williams isn't getting the ball. He got the ball 8 times in game 1 and 15 times in game 2. Last year his 100 + yd games came when he touched the ball at least 20-30 times. Now maybe he isn't getting the ball because he is hurt with his back spasms...who knows, but the guy if he says he is good to go needs to get the ball at least 20-28 times. Take a look at his stats last year. I am going to play him this week because Carolina is having major trouble stopping the run and last year Williams carried the rock 29 times for 112 and 2TDs against the Panthers. For me I am going to give him a pass on these first two games. If he carries the rock at least 20 times and still can't get the yardage and a few TD's then I will think he is definately hurt and that it is serious. But then that's just me. :D

I'm with you devilwoman. I'm playing him too. My only other option is RBBC with McCallister and I'd rather go with a guy who's going to get the rock full-time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Carnell owner too - and he's burned me twice in two weeks (in a BIG $$$ league), to the tune of a loss and a tie (no Ws yet, even though my team is second overall in scoring; eveyone I've played has had a career day against me, and ANY significant effort from Carnell would have earned me a W both times). That said, I've got a good enough back-up (DeAngelo W.) to let him sit the bench for a week. And if he does somehow have a good outing, I'm trading his a$$ before he something else happens to him. Too much $$$ at stake to be guessing every week - especially about your #1 pick. :D

I am in the delima, that many of you are after last week I said thats it benching next week but as the week get closer, I find myself on the bench....Plus If I dont play him, I must pick Two backs from these three (not counting caddilac) Ahman Green, Duce Mcallister or Kevin jones. I have no idea, what two I should pick!!!