[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When Can You Stop Bragging ?

Menudo

Serious question here. Everytime I used to brag about the Steelers, the response was always, "Super Bowls are all that matters, and you haven't one any in a LONG time." or, if I brought up their 4 Super Bowl victories, which I was alive for ( 4 months old.. a year & 4 moths old.....3 years & 4 month old & 4 years & 4 months old) :D , I was told to stop living in the past.

So, how many years does it take for a Super Bowl win to become something that you can't bring up anymore. What is the unwritten rule ?

- When no more players are left from that team ?

- 5 years ?

- 10 years ?

- Once a new Super Bowl champ is crowned ?

What are your thoughts ?

For me, I still think the Patriots have bragging ability, obviously the Steelers.......... who else can still brag ? Bucs, Rams, Ravens ????

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking more along the lines of how poorly they played and the fact that they failed to score a single point.

It's football, they had a bad game against a very good defense. They didn't get blown out, they weren't playing the Browns, it is only a minor concern at this point.

Hech of a :D expedition. You even got Grits to bite. Kudos.

It's spelled: Heck.

And of course it is a fishing expedition... he has to find some new way of mentioning Pitt every once in awhile. The same ol' same ol' just doesn't cut it after awhile.

You can brag as long as you are the current champions. That's the privledge you earn.

However, there is a caveat. When the fall from being champions comes, and it always does, the oh poopy you'll reap is directly proportional to the crowing you did while champions by a factor of about 5. A gracious champion earns respect. A noisy & obnoxious champion earns nothing but animosity.

I think it depends on how sick people are of hearing it.

Any time now would be fine with me.

Serious question here. Everytime I used to brag about the Steelers, the response was always, "Super Bowls are all that matters, and you haven't one any in a LONG time." or, if I brought up their 4 Super Bowl victories, which I was alive for ( 4 months old.. a year & 4 moths old.....3 years & 4 month old & 4 years & 4 months old) :D , I was told to stop living in the past.

So, how many years does it take for a Super Bowl win to become something that you can't bring up anymore. What is the unwritten rule ?

- When no more players are left from that team ?

- 5 years ?

- 10 years ?

- Once a new Super Bowl champ is crowned ?

What are your thoughts ?

For me, I still think the Patriots have bragging ability, obviously the Steelers.......... who else can still brag ? Bucs, Rams, Ravens ????

Either

1) After a new champ is crowned (I don't hear too many Pats fans bragging about 3 out of 4 these days...they are more reserved yet confident about the team)

2) Once you start demonstrably sucking.

Hopefully for you the Steelers will have a better showing than last week :D

You can brag as long as you are the current champions. That's the privledge you earn.

However, there is a caveat. When the fall from being champions comes, and it always does, the oh poopy you'll reap is directly proportional to the crowing you did while champions by a factor of about 5. A gracious champion earns respect. A noisy & obnoxious champion earns nothing but animosity.

That's true to a point. You can boast, brag and take digs at people because of the championship without making enemies. In some quarters (my group of friends for instance) it's expected. You've got to know your audience.

Here's an absolutely wild and crazy concept: Don't. Show some class and stop pounding your chest. I know it might be difficult to comprehend, but you can actually enjoy being a fan of a championship team without ramming it down everyone else's throat on a daily basis. :D

Here's an absolutely wild and crazy concept: Don't. Show some class and stop pounding your chest. I know it might be difficult to comprehend, but you can actually enjoy being a fan of a championship team without ramming it down everyone else's throat on a daily basis. :D

I don't find being excited about my team and talking about them a lot being classless. Annoying, probably, but, you shouldn't just throw the word "classless" around whenever you feel like it. It is essentially name-calling, imho.

Edited by Menudo

Ding mutha fucin ding

I don't find being excited about my team and talking about them a lot being classless. Annoying, probably, but, you shouldn't just throw the word "classless" around whenever you feel like it. It is essentially name-calling, imho.

:D Name calling? I guess you would know. Re-read my post, I never used the word classless. So if you want to accuse me of name-calling, you should wait until I actually call someone a name. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne