[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When Can You Stop Bragging ?

Menudo

:D Name calling? I guess you would know. Re-read my post, I never used the word classless. So if you want to accuse me of name-calling, you should wait until I actually call someone a name. :D

Are you ever wrong ? You told me to show some class.............what exactly does that imply ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you ever wrong ? You told me to show some class.............what exactly does that imply ?

Nope, I'm never wrong, it drives my wife nuts. :D

Asking someone to show some class, and calling them classless, are not the same thing. Just like calling someone classless, or calling them, let's say, a jackass, are not the same thing.

One question though Menudo, there were a lot of responses to you in this thread, Skylive and ratsass busted your balls, but for some reason you didn't respond to them, yet continue to engage in arguments with me. What gives? Is is that you know that I'm from Switzerland, like Ben, and have a little secret crush on me? :lol:

:D

.............what exactly does that imply ?

That you have no class? That you have joined the ranks of people like UT?

There is a very big difference between bragging and beating a dead horse. It is always good to be able to recognize that difference.

You started this thread by saying it was a "serious" question.... believe that there are some doubters here about that. Just another "beat ones chest" thread about Pitt is all it really is. At least that is my perception.

All I can say is this: Gloat all you want, but you'd never see the Seahawks getting shut out by the Jags in prime time...

Gee way to go out on a limb there bud, since that isn't even possible this year.

There is a very big difference between bragging and beating a dead horse. It is always good to be able to recognize that difference.

You started this thread by saying it was a "serious" question.... believe that there are some doubters here about that. Just another "beat ones chest" thread about Pitt is all it really is. At least that is my perception.

It was posted in fun, to find out what people's thought were on it. Of course there was a little bit of :D involved. The thing is that it really does go both ways. I have earned my reputation with things I have posted, no denying that, but, there are certain people, you definitely aren't one of them, that can't let any of my posts go by without some kind of comment bringing it down. There were posts last week where others noticed the same thing. The perception that I am univerally disliked around here is wrong. I get more positive PM's than I do negative ones. Piling on is an easy thing to do, and I have a group of people that love to do it on each of my posts.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the comparison to 'UT' is laughable, and doesn't bother me in the slightest. I was here when UT was here, and there really isn't even a real comparison. What does bother me is that I'm annoying someone that I respect as much as I respect you. :D

One question though Menudo, there were a lot of responses to you in this thread, Skylive and ratsass busted your balls, but for some reason you didn't respond to them, yet continue to engage in arguments with me. What gives? Is is that you know that I'm from Switzerland, like Ben, and have a little secret crush on me? :D

:D

I know why, cause you are always giving him crap like a frat brother would haze someone he likes. Menudo doesn't get the jokes sometimes and thinks they are always a slam on him, he gets uneasy when you poke fun at him. I can tell that 99% of the time it's in good fun, maybe he's just overwhelmed by your consistency :lol:

Edited by Hat Trick

I know why, cause you are always giving him crap like a frat brother would haze someone he likes. Menudo doesn't get the jokes sometimes and thinks they are always a slam on him, he gets uneasy when you poke fun at him. I can tell that 99% of the time it's in good fun, maybe he's just overwhelmed by your consistency :D

Trust me, Hugh One and I both know what is going on with our posts............ I have very little problem with him. (Notice, I said very little, not 'no problem') :D

Take away the medium of it being on a message board, and if it's with a bunch of friends that you've known your whole life, and it takes on a different tone.

However, on this internet space, and with the volume it occurs at, I agree with you Sky.

It's just an attention grabber..."please notice me, I am important around here"....but usually the exact opposite occurs.

What does bother me is that I'm annoying someone that I respect as much as I respect you. :D

Ah, group hug :D Menudo, read my previous post before this one. And H1, this is the reason he never said anything to Sky, he's kind of off limits around here, and usually right, so when Sky said something about him it really hit home :lol:

Take away the medium of it being on a message board, and if it's with a bunch of friends that you've known your whole life, and it takes on a different tone.

However, on this internet space, and with the volume it occurs at, I agree with you Sky.

It's just an attention grabber..."please notice me, I am important around here"....but usually the exact opposite occurs.

You make a valid point here. However, it being a message board, it would be pretty boring if people didn't use it to have debates, poke some fun, make fun of Hawaiian flowered shirts, and YES, brag about their team.

You make a valid point here. However, it being a message board, it would be pretty boring if people didn't use it to have debates, poke some fun, make fun of Hawaiian flowered shirts, and YES, brag about their team.

However, you still are begging for attention....when you make posts about "building your reputation", it's laughable, and obviously trying to "one up" Hugh in the FFA area is sad. The simple fact that you put a post out there wondering if your behavior is OK is a joke IMO.

Either be an annoying twit, or don't. It's pretty simple.

And the shirt...yes, it's all in fun....yes, it's with a select few that use it well, but when your material (like your poems) is redundant and lacking creativity.....it just comes across as drivel to me.

Good luck building your rep. :D

However, you still are begging for attention....when you make posts about "building your reputation", it's laughable, and obviously trying to "one up" Hugh in the FFA area is sad. The simple fact that you put a post out there wondering if your behavior is OK is a joke IMO.

And the shirt...yes, it's all in fun....yes, it's with a select few that use it well, but when your material (like your poems) is redundant and lacking creativity.....it just comes across as drivel to me.

Good luck building your rep. :D

Gilthorp, speaking of being redundant, I already knew where you stood in regards to me, but thanks for the reminder.

As for the thing with Hugh, it has been worked out, and I was simply joking. I've also answered 8 pages of post so far this week, trying to help people out. They appreciate it, and getting more than one opinion is a good thing, imho.

I think it was said best here:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&s...dpost&p=1682634

Must every thread involving Menudo turn into a Steelers bashing episode?

C'mon guys, quit being such a bunch of haters and taking easy shots at him. Like the Steelers or not, you have to give some credit where it's due.

No, wasn't directed at you. Was mainly just a comment in general about the endless trashing Menudo gets. He's a diehard homer, supports his point of view with facts (sometimes slanted due to his homerism) and continually gets bashed by some just because it's "cool" (so it seems to me).

Just get's old reading the same old arguments sometimes, that's all I'll step off my soapbox now.

Granted, I definitely deserve a lot of what I get, and this post was probably asking for it, but, I think there is some truth to what Tony Said there.

Edited by Menudo

I'm subjective, but I think it was best said here:

Use the ignore function, or avoid my posts would be my suggestion. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the comparison to 'UT' is laughable, and doesn't bother me in the slightest. I was here when UT was here, and there really isn't even a real comparison. What does bother me is that I'm annoying someone that I respect as much as I respect you. :lol:

Other than the sheer volume of Pitt bragging posts I have never had a problem with you. Heck, I even like your poetry. Always have.

The problem, from my perspective, it that you ARE beginning to join the UT ranks. Maybe not in obnoxiousness and idiocy but in volume and veracity. You just have to let some comments slide by without responding.

I brag alot about the Redskins 5 past NFL titles (3 SB's) but you don't see it every day.... not even every week or month. And were they to ever rise from their depths again, I would most likely get a bit obnoxious during the off season or when someone brought it up.... but not every day, several times a day.

I think the main problem here is that you can't let anything go by without 'defending' your team. However... live in the moment I guess. Lord knows my son does, and he has been a Pitt fan from birth. LOL

Like I said in my first post.... Oh goody, another Pitt bragging thread. And no matter how one disguises it... that is what this is... right? Which is cool I guess.... as long as it is the only one today. :D:D

Other than the sheer volume of Pitt bragging posts I have never had a problem with you. Heck, I even like your poetry. Always have.

The problem, from my perspective, it that you ARE beginning to join the UT ranks. Maybe not in obnoxiousness and idiocy but in volume and veracity. You just have to let some comments slide by without responding.

I brag alot about the Redskins 5 past NFL titles (3 SB's) but you don't see it every day.... not even every week or month. And were they to ever rise from their depths again, I would most likely get a bit obnoxious during the off season or when someone brought it up.... but not every day, several times a day.

I think the main problem here is that you can't let anything go by without 'defending' your team. However... live in the moment I guess. Lord knows my son does, and he has been a Pitt fan from birth. LOL

Like I said in my first post.... Oh goody, another Pitt bragging thread. And no matter how one disguises it... that is what this is... right? Which is cool I guess.... as long as it is the only one today. :D:D

Believe it or not, and I know this will get some laughs, but, I have tried to tone it down a bit. I still talk about the Steelers a lot, but, it isn't in the HA, HA, HA, We're Great tone that I've used in the past. I will continue to talk about the Steelers, becasue it is where I have the most knowledge.

However, I agree with you that where I get myself into trouble is when I can't avoid responding to everyone's comments, attacks, or fishing trips. That is where my problem lies, and I will try to work on it.. However, it will be very difficult to keep my fingers silent. :lol: