[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP Challenge

Hat Trick

I think im at 560 and each week I look at matchups and sprinkle in A list and B list guys..Im not gonna keep Peyton Manning in my back pocket when he is facing the Texans..Start him and watch him max out..If a stud has a prime matchup im starting him bigtime.

In the end it doesn't matter if you are 1st or 500th ... because the slate is wipped clean. So you may have maxed Manning out in the "regular season" but I'll have him for the playoffs where he might not score as much as he did against the Texans but will likely outscore most other QBs

I'm currently sitting at 3763 place. But I've used the likes of Chad Pennington, Steve McNair, Thomas Jones, DeShaun Foster, Ahman Green, Randy McMichael (prob my highest ranked player vs his position I've used). I'm only 112 points out of 500th place, so I figure I need to average about 140 or 150 for a few weeks to get back in the hunt for that run.

and Laverneus Coles as well...

what has been killing me is my kickers and TE's have sucked big time...

Edited by alexgaddis

I'm just going to continue to keep my mouth shut about the MVP Challenge... I'm playing against all of you, so I'd rather not let everyone in on my 'secrets to success'.

...I wonder if anyone could guess my team name or find my team without any hints. :D Second thought, I bet Big John could find that out. Maybe. :D

This is my first year playing, so certainly I'm listening and trying to gleen any information I can, but it seems to me that this can play out any number of ways, year to year.

Not unlike a draft, if there's a run on a certain position, you can either sit back and concede or get into the fray and be a part of it. If everyone loads up, then everyone is spent for the playoffs. There appears to be a number of approaches, each of which has merit, but each is dependent on how the majority plays. And, I expect, that as the weeks draw to a close, there will be some that are several hundred points ahead of #500 that can coast the last week or two and, possibly, play no one, if they choose. Conversely, I expect that there will be some of us too far gone to make a difference who we play week 11 and/or 12.

Again, not unlike a draft, I have a direction for the early going, but expect to "ad-lib" as it plays out. :D

I the words of Dennis Miller, "That's just my opinion. I could be wrong." :D