[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry to start

theeohiostate

KFFL

Bengals | Henry to start Week 3

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:23:42 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chris Henry (groin), who is listed as probable for Week 3, will start in place of WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (heel), even if Houshmandzadeh is ready to play.

1. I do not see this anywhere in the Enquirer

2. TJ was upgraded to probable after practice today:

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh (heel) has been upgraded to probable after practicing Friday. With head coach Marvin Lewis saying he's already made the decision, look for Houshmandzadeh to make his 2006 debut Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Lewis indicated left tackle Levi Jones is ready after resting his ankle last week against Cleveland, and Jones practiced in 11-on-11 Friday for the first time this week and still listed as probable. The probables who sat this week (linebacker Brian Simmons, defensive tackle Sam Adams, and left guard Eric Steinbach) all worked Friday.

In Pittsburgh, Pro Bowl strong safety Troy Polamalu (shoulder) practiced again Friday and was updated to probable. Wide receiver Santonio Holmes (foot) practiced for the first time this week, but is questionable.

begals.com

This is the only story from Curnutte in today's Enquirer:

Teammates advised a frustrated Reggie McNeal to be patient during his stay on the practice squad.

McNeal, a rookie wide receiver converted from quarterback, didn't have to wait long.

With the Bengals reeling from injuries at receiver, McNeal is likely to dress and play Sunday at Pittsburgh.

"If that's the case, I have to be ready, regardless," McNeal said. "That's why they have me in there. They put me out there to play; I have to be ready and not let us miss a beat without the other players."

McNeal, signed Tuesday off the practice squad, had three receptions for 46 yards and one touchdown in the preseason.

He practiced Thursday - along with fellow receivers Chad Johnson, Kelley Washington and Chris Henry. Henry remained probable with a groin injury.

No. 2 receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh participated in the early portion of practice but missed the 11-on-11 team drills. He remained questionable with a heel injury.

"I could play without practicing," he said. "But at this point, I don't know."

Antonio Chatman (groin) is doubtful and did not practice. Tab Perry (hip) is out.

Perry is the No. 1 kickoff return man. McNeal had four preseason kickoff returns for a 22-yard average.

Enquirer link

I hate long links posted just to prove a point.

Cut and paste the pertinent information.

Edited to add: "splash splashbag"

I think I can safely speak for all of us in that none of us care what you hate, you narcissistic twit.

I just don't know where KFFL got it's information, and I'm sure people with TJ would like to know if it's true or not.

I think I can safely speak for all of us in that none of us care what you hate, you narcissistic twit.

I just don't know where KFFL got it's information, and I'm sure people with TJ would like to know if it's true or not.

Henry may have just been promoted to #2 because of his production and Housh is injury prone...so maybe he needs a reserved role :D

Bengals | Houshmandzadeh upgraded to probable for Week 3

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:34:49 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (heel) practiced Friday, Sept. 22, and has been upgraded to probable for Week 3. Head coach Marvin Lewis has said that the decision to play Houshmandzadeh has already been made and he will not be a game-time decision.

yuup..

TJ, if healthy, is a serious bad ass againts the Steelers. He won't be #3 unless his foot is only gonna allow him only so many plays.

I believe you'll see a lot of 3 WR sets anyway, because the Steelers can't cover them all.

If Chad is single covered, good night.

If Chad is double covered, TJ is better than whoever is left

And then there's Henry......

There are some teams with better 1-2 WRs (Ariz, Ind), but none of those have a better set of 3.

It all comes down to picking up the Steeler's blitzes (they are very good blitzes!). If the Bengals do that, this game won't be as close as everyone (including me) seems to think.

(Oh yeah, ok, it also comes down to whether or not the Bengals DEF is actually improved over last year. I say it is)

Henry may have just been promoted to #2 because of his production

Keep in mind, nothing says that Henry has been promoted to #2 though. It could just be that Housh will play, but is still limited, so he won't start. Once Housh is fully healthy, he may still be #2.

Keep in mind, nothing says that Henry has been promoted to #2 though. It could just be that Housh will play, but is still limited, so he won't start. Once Housh is fully healthy, he may still be #2.

and that too...but they run the 3 WR sets often....so I don't know what that might mean other than progression change in the meantime...

TJ, if healthy, is a serious bad ass againts the Steelers. He won't be #3 unless his foot is only gonna allow him only so many plays.

I believe you'll see a lot of 3 WR sets anyway, because the Steelers can't cover them all.

If Chad is single covered, good night.

If Chad is double covered, TJ is better than whoever is left

And then there's Henry......

There are some teams with better 1-2 WRs (Ariz, Ind), but none of those have a better set of 3.

It all comes down to picking up the Steeler's blitzes (they are very good blitzes!). If the Bengals do that, this game won't be as close as everyone (including me) seems to think.

(Oh yeah, ok, it also comes down to whether or not the Bengals DEF is actually improved over last year. I say it is)

Chad has been single-covered by Ike Taylor everytime they've played, and I haven't seen the 'good night' evidence you reference. Last year: 4-94, 0 TD's: 5-54, 0 TD's: 4-59, 0 TD's. Chad even admitted that Ike Taylor did a good job with him. Houshmandzadeh was the one that killed us last year. The Bengals offense is a force to be reckoned with, no question about that. I'm still not convinced that their defense is that improved over last year. We will find out soon enough though, because, despite the Steelers defense being very good, you can't hold this Bengals offense down for an entire game, so, the Steelers offense needs to click to be able to get the win. I love how big this rivalry has become. :D

Henry may have just been promoted to #2 because of his production and Housh is injury prone...so maybe he needs a reserved role :D

I have no doubt you'll be seeing a lot more of Henry this year, no matter where he is on the depth chart.

An interesting development also happened recently in his legal case involving feeding underage Kentucky wimmin booze. The key witness for the prosecution was recently charged with homicide for killing one of her tricks. Turns out she was an 18-year-old prostitute. Also turns out the underage drinking charges came about because she filed rape charges against Henry -- which turned out to be bogus, and she was charged with making a false report. The charges have not been dropped against Henry, but the prosecutor has said the homicide charge against the key witness will make prosecution difficult.

He's a stuipd young kid who needs to start hanging around a different crowd real fast. But he has unbelieveable hands and speed. And, if he's really lucky, he may end up not missing any game time at all this season for all his legal garbage.

I have no doubt you'll be seeing a lot more of Henry this year, no matter where he is on the depth chart.

An interesting development also happened recently in his legal case involving feeding underage Kentucky wimmin booze. The key witness for the prosecution was recently charged with homicide for killing one of her tricks. Turns out she was an 18-year-old prostitute. Also turns out the underage drinking charges came about because she filed rape charges against Henry -- which turned out to be bogus, and she was charged with making a false report. The charges have not been dropped against Henry, but the prosecutor has said the homicide charge against the key witness will make prosecution difficult.

He's a stuipd young kid who needs to start hanging around a different crowd real fast. But he has unbelieveable hands and speed. And, if he's really lucky, he may end up not missing any game time at all this season for all his legal garbage.

Wow! I hadnt heard about that. Nod doubt this kid has alot of talent. I hope he can get his personal life in order and fulfill the potential we all see in him.

They can start whoever they like. Housh is the better play here.

Alo from Bengals.com

Houshmandzadeh has yet to play this season, but the prospect of playing the Steelers may heal the heel. Houshmandzadeh, a big receiver who is a tough physical matchup for Townsend, averages nearly five catches per game against Pittsburgh. His savvy getting open quickly against the blitz has held him in good stead. Remember, his breakout game his rookie year was a 98-yarder against Pittsburgh.

“The Bengals have been running that Smoke Route ever since the days of Bruce Coslet,” the chief says. “The backers blitz, and the receiver adjusts to get out into space as quickly as possible.”

Jeff Blake and Jon Kitna have had 300-yard days against a Cowher defense and Palmer uncorked a 66-yard bomb on the play he got hurt in the Wild Card game. The zone blitz giveth and the zone blitz taketh away

Edited by Randall