[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts to sign gramatica?

Tokes

They already did

INDIANAPOLIS -- With kicker Adam Vinatieri nursing a groin injury that kept him out of practice all week, and his availability still uncertain, the Indianapolis Colts on Friday night signed veteran free agent Martin Gramatica, league sources here told ESPN.com.

The Colts remain cautiously optimistic that Vinatieri, who was the team's highest profile addition in the offseaon, will be able to handle placements in Sunday's key divisional game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Vinatieri, who suffered the groin injury in last week's victory over Houston, has converted all seven field-goal attempts in the first two outings of the season, and he also handled the kickoffs.

Just what the NFL needs, another idiot. The Gramatica clan were the poster children for why I despise kickers and why out of principle alone I eliminated the position in my league and lumped it under a special teams position.

No way in hell at a pro FOOTBALL fantasy draft will I ever hear the names Gramatica uttered again. Only thing I regret is not shiet-canning the position sooner.

KFFL quoting espnthat Vinateri is out:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?all=1

Colts | Vinatieri OUT for Week 3

Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:40:03 -0700

ESPN reports Indianapolis Colts PK Adam Vinatieri (groin) is out for the Week 3 game.

As crappy as Gramatica has been in recent years, resting Vinatieri is the right thing to do. In fact, it'd probably be a good idea to keep him out next week as well, as groin injuries tend to linger.

More troubling is the rest of the injry report...

Ryan Diem - Questionable

Dwight Freeney - Questionable

Montae Reagor - Questionable

Bob Sanders - Out

Corey Simon - Out

The Colts D is playing at about half strength now.

As crappy as Gramatica has been in recent years, resting Vinatieri is the right thing to do. In fact, it'd probably be a good idea to keep him out next week as well, as groin injuries tend to linger.

More troubling is the rest of the injry report...

Ryan Diem - Questionable

Dwight Freeney - Questionable

Montae Reagor - Questionable

Bob Sanders - Out

Corey Simon - Out

The Colts D is playing at about half strength now.

And Jacksonville is playing at a very high level right now on both sides of the ball... I predict an upset. :D