[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SHOCKEY

burton164

Shockey is probable and he has practiced THU and FRI so he will be playing. If his ankle was really bad, he would not have practiced two days. That all said, you know he will eventually tweak it worse as he did last week.

Glad I drafted Toomer late this year. He's going to get a ton of looks when Shockey is hobbling around on the sideline this season.

Agreed. I picked Toomer up late--I worry that Burress can't stay healthy though, which will hurt Toomer's chances of 1-1 coverage.

He's perpetually overrated as people forget how often he gets hurt every off season when TE ranks are done.

He got injured during the last pre-season game. NE started their first stringers so the Giants followed suit. Foolish IMO but that's what happened. He got hurt in the second possession when a defensive player rolled over his ankle. He's a tough SOB but has a bulls-eye for minor, nagging injuries.

Is it me or is Shockey a china doll more often than not? Every time I hear about him, it's usually due to some sort of injury.

Yes he is, and as a Giant fan it's painfull to admit. I love the heart and reckless abandon he plays with BUT he is a fricken china doll so far. I could have got him in my local but took Gates instead; only time will tell how that one works out. :D

Yes, he gets hurt but, in the previous two years he's been #7 and #2 among T/E's respectively. To take that a bit further, he's gotten points in every game except the last week in those seasons. Which means he would have had to have played in those games. He plays hurt and with reckless abandon. The man is a warrior and I guess as it was put, also a china doll? :D Come on, he missed two games in two years and he's a china doll? He deserves better than that. Only if he stays on the field this year and helps my team out though. If not, then he's a china doll. :D

Yes, he gets hurt but, in the previous two years he's been #7 and #2 among T/E's respectively. To take that a bit further, he's gotten points in every game except the last week in those seasons. Which means he would have had to have played in those games. He plays hurt and with reckless abandon. The man is a warrior and I guess as it was put, also a china doll? :D Come on, he missed two games in two years and he's a china doll? He deserves better than that. Only if he stays on the field this year and helps my team out though. If not, then he's a china doll. :D

I agree with that.

Shockey is great for Big Blue.

Problem is that I think the only way to heal a ankle injury is to stay off of it for a while.

When he does not stay off of it , he ends up playing but not getting into the gameplan 100%

I'll pray for a TD tommorrow & hope the week 4 Bye will help.

Later

Shockey hurt me last week, but thanks to the PIT shutout, my oponent didn't get any points from Reed. He just needed 2 points to beat me :D

Anyway, this week I don't know if I can survive another < 100% Shockey. I have Desmond Clark on my bench. The fact he practiced THU and FRI is probably enough for me to keep Shockey in my lineup. I'm hoping the bye week puts his nagging ankle behind him.

Edited by phx_phan

Agreed. I picked Toomer up late--I worry that Burress can't stay healthy though, which will hurt Toomer's chances of 1-1 coverage.

Just curious Ruff.....why don't you think Burress can stay healthy? In 6 years, he's missed 5 games....all in 2004. He didn't start from week 1 his rookie year....so I'm not counting that year. So....4 years of playing 16 games. Doesn't sound so injury-prone to me. :D

And if I remember right....the only game he didn't "start" last year for the Giants...was for being late to a meeting....correct?

What do you know that we don't? Got a premonition? :D