[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Bengals Rivalry Getting Bigger

Menudo

Don't blame the fumbled punt. Blame the 3 picks, esp. the 2 in the endzone.

Plenty of blame to go around..... Roethlisberger, Colclough, Haynes, Washington

There were lots of big mistakes made by lots of guys.

However, lets not take away from the Bengals, that team if full of playmakers and very impressive. Their defense can still be moved on though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame the fumbled punt. Blame the 3 picks, esp. the 2 in the endzone.

No doubt that the three picks were the reason. The first two were absolutely horrible--momentum killers and totally on Ben. The third was a forced ball, but the previous pass should have been six (Washington's drop was pretty awful). Colclough's fumble hurt, yes, but the killing strokes were the self-inflicted type. The Steelers beat the Steelers today, and the Bengals made them pay when it counted. I tip my hat to Palmer who took an absolute pounding (could he fumble any more today?), and the smooth criminal (Henry) who played lights out (and got KILT by Ryan Clark but came back) when they were in the red zone. Howsyamama also made his chances count.

The Steelers D played well enough to win. The running game was there as well. That leaves the WRs and the QB. I am a Rothlisberger fan, and we cannot forget that he's won a ton more games for us than he's lost for us, but gotta call it when I see it.

The WR corps didn't help matters, but they didn't throw two poorly timed, ill-advised picks at critical points in the game to themselves either. It pains me to say it but I saw what I saw. Colclough should NEVER catch a punt in an NFL uniform again, BTW. I think Ben will get better as he gets himself back into rhythm, and at times, he did some good things today too, but if you want to target the three worst plays in the game (in my order):

1. The first endzone pick he threw--he forced it in there. That's on him. I could have accepted three, but to get zero is bad play period. You're up seven to nothing--throw it away and take your FG if it isn't there.

2. Colclough catching a punt over his head. If that's "how he does it" he needs to stop and learn to do it like the other 99.9 pecent of the league's PR players.

3. The long bomb pick that Ben threw in the second quarter. He may have tripped when throwing that ball, but slipping doesn't affect the double coverage that was waiting for that pass and capitalized on it.

Two of those three are on Ben. Again, he's one of my favorite players. He scrambled well and made some nice throws to even get them within striking distance at the end. But let's be honest--those two picks were the backbreakers.

Edited by Ruffian

The WR corps didn't help matters, but they didn't throw two poorly timed, ill-advised picks at critical points in the game to themselves either. It pains me to say it but I saw what I saw. Colclough should NEVER catch a punt in an NFL uniform again, BTW. I think Ben will get better as he gets himself back into rhythm, and at times, he did some good things today too, but if you want to target the three worst plays in the game (in my order):

1. The first endzone pick he threw--he forced it in there. That's on him. I could have accepted three, but to get zero is bad play period. You're up seven to nothing--throw it away and take your FG if it isn't there.

2. Colclough catching a punt over his head. If that's "how he does it" he needs to stop and learn to do it like the other 99.9 pecent of the league's PR players.

3. The long bomb pick that Ben threw in the second quarter. He may have tripped when throwing that ball, but slipping doesn't affect the double coverage that was waiting for that pass and capitalized on it.

Two of those three are on Ben. Again, he's one of my favorite players. He scrambled well and made some nice throws to even get them within striking distance at the end. But let's be honest--those two picks were the backbreakers.

No argument. I agree with the three plays you choose. It was a frustrating loss, but, there all is not lost. The Steelers are still a good football team, they just have to minimize the stupid mistakes. They early bye week is a good thin, imho, this year.

He was pretty bad in the SB as well.

Perhaps the league has figured him out?

:D Yeah, that's it.

Perhaps the league figures Peyton out come playoff time every year, your thoughts ?

9-21 123, 2 INT

17-32 141, 2 INT

18-39 208, 3 INT

Total:

44-92 472, 0 TDs, 7 INT

:D

Now, put together his career numbers minus those, and we'll realize that he is definitely in a big-time funk right now.

Those are some ugly stats. But he won the one that counts. . .

He was a member of a team that won the one that counts. He didn't win it.

I am worried about him. He was usually very good at (1) making smart decisions about where to throw the ball, and (2) feeling the rush and not talking sacks. He hasn't done either of those since the face-plant.

He was a member of a team that won the one that counts. He didn't win it.

I am worried about him. He was usually very good at (1) making smart decisions about where to throw the ball, and (2) feeling the rush and not talking sacks. He hasn't done either of those since the face-plant.

Agreed. This might sound stupid, but, I was actually happy that he got to throw attempting to comeback on those last two series. Those two series were the first times this year that he looked like his old self. Washington should have caught the TD pass, and his last interception wasn't a big deal to me. They were in a position that he had to try to force it in there.

All in all though, I agree, especially about making smart decisions with the football. He simply hasn't done that this year.

Touchee....I didn't now that...But I thought we were talking bout Pittsburgh/Cincy...

How many TD's did Hass have today?

We were talking about Pitt / Cincy, but, for some reason I have a feeling you wouldn't be here talking about it if the results were different....... :D

We were talking about Pitt / Cincy, but, for some reason I have a feeling you wouldn't be here talking about it if the results were different....... :D

Uhhhh....once the diehard homer idiots who think they know football and their neverending trap yappers go away....I seem to go away too. And so does everyone else...it's not rocket science.