[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants Vs Seahawks.

Flip_Side

Look let me say this about Plax. He is a pr*ck, he is a me guy as MANY WR's are, but he is talented and the Giants need him to play well in order to get where they want to get. Now with that said I personally hate the guy, but he does have talent and usually is a big part of the Giants successful O.

Talent doesn't matter if the guy isn't willing to use it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent doesn't matter if the guy isn't willing to use it.

See I agree with you for the mosy part, but IMO you are going too far. You don't like Plax from his days in Pitt, and I can understand that because I don't like him either, but he isn't as bad as you are making him out to be. He is a pr*ck I agree, but you act as if he is the biggest piece of s**t in the world. That is too far IMO.

And for the record with the way this team has played thus far, with penalties and mistakes all over the field, I would bench some guys next week. Now is the time if you are Coughlin. I'd bench the OL who false started all over the field. I'd bench Plax. I'd bench Arrington who has done zero. I'd think about benching some of their awful secondary. And if you can't do all that benching at the very least I'd do something stern to send a message because Coughlin now HAS to get the discipline back into this team.

Anyone hear the news about Reggie Wayne's brother? I heard he just found out that he died in a car accident last night... :D

I can only send my best wishes to Wayne and his family for this loss. I don't have a link but that's horrible and saddening news if this is true. :D

Oh man... :lol:

Anyone hear the news about Reggie Wayne's brother? I heard he just found out that he died in a car accident last night... :D

I can only send my best wishes to Wayne and his family for this loss. I don't have a link but that's horrible and saddening news if this is true. :D

:lol:

See I agree with you for the mosy part, but IMO you are going too far. You don't like Plax from his days in Pitt, and I can understand that because I don't like him either, but he isn't as bad as you are making him out to be. He is a pr*ck I agree, but you act as if he is the biggest piece of s**t in the world. That is too far IMO.

Well, doesn't look like he's changed at all since his days here.

I'd rather lose because my receivers lack talent than because they don't want to put forth the effort. That's what their paid to do. That's why I think Plax is worse than TO, because TO got the job done on the field. There is absolutely no excuse for the way Plax plays. And I think that a guy who plays like that is a far bigger piece of sh*t than someone who just doesn't have the talent.

yeah, I know I'm being extreme, but years of seeing the same sh*t from him will do that.

:lol:

Okay, although I am completely disgusted with the Giants loss today (escpecially the play of the defense), I'm glad they showed a lot of heart and made the score somewhat respectable by playing hard until the end. Hopefully with the bye week next week, they will fix what isn't working. One thing they need to do is play with the no huddle offense from the start. Eli just looks like a different QB when they run the no huddle. The other huge thing they need to do is find a way to get the pass rush where it needs to be. If they had any kind of pass rush, the secondary wouldn't have looked nearly as bad as it did. With all of that talent, it has to get better....right?

On a positive note, the toughest part of the schedule is now over and although I wish the Giants were at least 2-1, I'm happy they're not 0-3. There is still a lot of season left and the Giants are a lot better than they've looked in the first 3 games.

And for the record with the way this team has played thus far, with penalties and mistakes all over the field, I would bench some guys next week. Now is the time if you are Coughlin. I'd bench the OL who false started all over the field. I'd bench Plax. I'd bench Arrington who has done zero. I'd think about benching some of their awful secondary. And if you can't do all that benching at the very least I'd do something stern to send a message because Coughlin now HAS to get the discipline back into this team.

Hey Giantsfan. I am also a big Giants fan and I pesonally wouldn't mine trading Shockey and Burress. They are both selfish and don't feel the need to work with Eli. All they do is show up Eli even when it is their fault. They think they are always open. Not one Giant WR was open until the 4th Qtr. Burress is slow needs to push off on every pass play. If these guys want to be great or at least good they need to practice with Eli the way peyton/harrison and edge did. The passing offense is all about rythm and they have none. last year Shockey had hands of stone this year it is Burress. Last week Burress tipped a ball to himself that he should've caught easily and made out to be a great catch and this week he tipped the pass to the D that should'e been and easy catch. Shoot, he crossed is hands and tried to get fancy. I say bench his ass the next 2 games and make him have to double the receiving drills during the week.

As for the Defense. We need to biltz more in the 1st qtr. We couldn't cover 3rd stringers with our secondary. I don't know if its the players fault or Def scheme but this is 3 weeks in a row that at least 2 WRs are wide open on every play. This secondary would make Arron Brooks like a HOFer. I hope that we can work out the problems during the bye week.

Hey Giantsfan. I am also a big Giants fan and I pesonally wouldn't mine trading Shockey and Burress. They are both selfish and don't feel the need to work with Eli. All they do is show up Eli even when it is their fault. They think they are always open. Not one Giant WR was open until the 4th Qtr. Burress is slow needs to push off on every pass play. If these guys want to be great or at least good they need to practice with Eli the way peyton/harrison and edge did. The passing offense is all about rythm and they have none. last year Shockey had hands of stone this year it is Burress. Last week Burress tipped a ball to himself that he should've caught easily and made out to be a great catch and this week he tipped the pass to the D that should'e been and easy catch. Shoot, he crossed is hands and tried to get fancy. I say bench his ass the next 2 games and make him have to double the receiving drills during the week.

As for the Defense. We need to biltz more in the 1st qtr. We couldn't cover 3rd stringers with our secondary. I don't know if its the players fault or Def scheme but this is 3 weeks in a row that at least 2 WRs are wide open on every play. This secondary would make Arron Brooks like a HOFer. I hope that we can work out the problems during the bye week.

Well you can't trade them, but the point is well understood. They are selfish players. I have always had a huge issue when they refuse to be here with Eli working on their timing like Peyton and Harrison do. Bottom line is Coughlin needs to take back this team now. Now he may risk losing them altogether by doing it, but he has to. This nonsense needs to stop NOW. This team is SO undisciplined in every way. He needs to end it starting right now. You screw up do to lack of hustle or mental prep you are benched PERIOD. As for their D I personally think T. Lewis is an AWFUL D coor and always have.

Edited by giantsfan

I guess you don't watch any Giant games then. They do this EVERY week. EVERY week they commit dumb penalty after dumb penalty and make mistake after mistake. So don't tell me thank Seattle for that.

We'll then obviously your team sucks, if what your saying is true. And guess what the Giants do suck!

Before the season started, I thought this could be our year. Eli in his crucial 3rd year as the starter and seemed poised for a breakout season, Tiki with hopefully one year left, improvements on defense, etc, but from what I've seen the past 2 games, I almost hope we miss the playoffs so we don't embarrass ourselves again. I don't think we have the coaching or the attitude of a champion. We're missing leadership on offense...Eli clearly isn't there yet, and you have malcontents like Shockey and Plax who poison the character of the team, then you have all the penalties, the lack of discipline...I don't see this team going far into the playoffs anytime soon. Maybe later in Eli's career when some of these idiots are gone and we've replaced some of this dead weight.

Okay ok....I actually forgot the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY were 1-2. It's between them and the Giants for the best 1-2 team.

No, you had it right the first time.

We'll then obviously your team sucks, if what your saying is true. And guess what the Giants do suck!

um....your seahawks just gave up 27 points to that team that "sucks" in the 4th quarter. if it wasnt for a lack of time outs the giants would have got it to a 5 point game...and could of had a shot, more than likely running out of time like they did in the colts game.

all this talk about how Eli sucks? lets take a look at his NFL Rankings through 3 games...Yards 3rd (by 2), TD's 1rst, Completion % 6th, Yards per attemp 6th, QB rating 7th (95.5)...okay he has 4 (well 5 thanks to plax) ints...but QB's like Carson and Hasselback have higher Int%'s.

all im saying is he has one bad quarter and people are all over him...you want to face this guy driving for the win against your team in the 4th quarter after the way he did it in the last 3 games? its hard to get into a rythem when your line is getting flagged every other play...how many false starts did you count in the second half?

onto to Plax and Shockey. I love Shockey, i think he gives positive energy to the team during the games...the complete opposite to Plax. Shockey's post game comments are whats gonna get him in trouble. Plax standing on the sideline the second have while the likes of Toomer, Carter, Tyree, and Shockey lighting up the place receiving was frickin priceless. You get Moss healthy and i think you have a pretty exciting receiving core. Not Flashy, but more than you need to get the job done.

other than that horrible game for them...if this team can get thier early portion of the game act together watch out.

got to give it up to the seahawks though for turning turnovers into point during the first half

um....your seahawks just gave up 27 points to that team that "sucks" in the 4th quarter. if it wasnt for a lack of time outs the giants would have got it to a 5 point game...and could of had a shot, more than likely running out of time like they did in the colts game.

got to give it up to the seahawks though for turning turnovers into point during the first half

:D giving up 27 points in garbage time? what in the world u talking bout man? GMen were dominated across the board and especially on the sideline. Hawks could have hung 55 on em.

Good old fashioned azz woopin. SEA showed that the NYG got a long way to go.