[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Simms in critical condition?

Skrappy1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

Note: I wish no harm on him and hope he has a full and speedy recovery, but I have ALWAYS despised Simms the player

Why don't you put me on your ignore list because you are a major league chalupa for going there while the guy is in surgery.

Your little note is BS, prick.

No but it means most likely out for the season....

That's a little pesimistic I think. Most medical websites say anywhere between 3 and 6 weeks for a complete recovery. Even if you take the high end of that and add a few weeks to get back into shape, he'd still be back by the end of the season. Also note those same websites said 4 weeks for an emergency appendectomy and you-know-who came back in two.

The spleen's job description includes:

filtering out foreign organisms that infect your blood

removing your old or damaged platelets and red blood cells

storing extra blood and releasing it as needed

forming some types of white blood cells

The outcome varies with the underlying disease or the extent of other injuries. Complete recovery from the surgery itself should be anticipated, in the absence of other severe injuries or medical problems.

All patients undergoing splenectomy should be vaccinated against pneumococcal pneumonia. Consult your physician regarding an appropriate vaccination regimen. In addition, some physicians recommend vaccinations against other types of bacteria, and, especially in the case of children, long-term treatment with antibiotic drugs to prevent post-splenectomy sepsis. Long-term antibiotic use is usually not necessary in adults.

However, any patients who have had a splenectomy should seek medical attention for even seemingly minor illnesses, such as sinus infections or sore throats, as the health care provider may wish to prescribe antibiotics.

Recovery from the operation should be rapid. Hospitalization is usually less than a week (1-2 days for laparoscopic splenectomy), and complete healing should occur within 4 to 6 weeks.

Edited by SuperBalla

Its not Simms fault the play calling and o line sucks. Im not saying he's played great, but its not like Grudens game plan is setting him up for anything other than failure.

And while there at it, they might as well bench Cadillac as well...

Nonsense I say.

I disagree ... Simms has never been able to win a big game. He sucked in college and sucks in the NFL. The only reason we are even having this discussion is because of who his daddy is ... if he isn't a "favored son" he's flipping burgers somewhere.

What ... we can't give an assessment of his piss poor career simply because he is hurt.

Consider it done ... you are now ignored.

Not 'hurt' as in twisted ankle, but 'hurt' as in surgery requiring a blood transfusion after being listed in critical condition. There's a time and place for everything, and sure you can say whatever you feel but it doesn't make you less of an chalupa for it.

Funny how a guy proud of staking his position puts people on ignore when theirs doesn't jibe with his.

I feel refreshed!

Geez, I suspected you were an a$$ before, but you have confirmed it. What a jerk.

Look out or YOU will be on ignore too.

And if Grits is ignoring you, you ain't shee-it.

OMG ... you guys are RIGHT ... now that Simms has had to go through a life saving surgery requiring a blood transfusion where he was listed in critical condition that puts his whole career in a NEW perspective.

His passer rating of 40.0 (career 71.4) is AWESOME

His career 17 INTs to 12 TDs ratio is IMPRESSIVE

The fact that he NEVER won a big game at UT is WONDERFUL

Interesting how a ruptured spleen puts a whole new perspective on his career.