[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatum Bell up the middle?

Randall

I have Mike Bell in many leagues and am not worried.

A. I did not draft Mike Bell to carry any of my teams :D

B. While Tatum did look good tonight, he has looked good in 6 or 8 games over the last few years and it never lasts.

Give tatum props..tonight against a stout NE d. Tatum has been doing well for 3 games now....Mike bell will be in the mix....but Tatum will have all the opportunity to succeed. those that drafted tatum...late...good ish!!! what a steal

I have Mike Bell in many leagues and am not worried.

A. I did not draft Mike Bell to carry any of my teams :D

B. While Tatum did look good tonight, he has looked good in 6 or 8 games over the last few years and it never lasts.

B. He's never had the chance to make it last...He'll have a great year. M. Bell was just used as motavation by Shanny, and to screw everybody that doesn't know better :D

B. He's never had the chance to make it last...He'll have a great year. M. Bell was just used as motavation by Shanny, and to screw everybody that doesn't know better :D

Exactly...good backs improve every year, everyone heard all the stuff tater did over the offseason....Tater knew his faults last year...he worked on it..bulked up..got stronger..and now has a chance to have a great year!!! .......to the mike bell owners......mike bell is a rook....he'll get better too..but he just has to wait his turn just like tater has...

He looked good. Got hurt, got a little dehydrated out there, and then came back to tote the rock in the 4th quarter.

All you Mike Bell owners keep saying the right things to make yourself feel better...maybe soon you'll be right.......maybe not. :D

Seriously, Tatum Bell has looked phenomenal, and the Mike Bell owners are in here acting like it's not a bad thing.

Shanahan decided to give Tatum an opportunity to show he can be the main man, and he has left no doubt that he can, against a pretty tough defense.

Exactly...good backs improve every year, everyone heard all the stuff tater did over the offseason....Tater knew his faults last year...he worked on it..bulked up..got stronger..and now has a chance to have a great year!!! .......to the mike bell owners......mike bell is a rook....he'll get better too..but he just has to wait his turn just like tater has...

You are right, and I agree with everything you said. However, please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop calling him Tater. It makes you sound like a momo.

NTTAWWT :D

Well, I was certainly fooled by Shanahan. I was wrong about Shanahan's intentions with T Bell & M Bell. The only time I can compare this to is Clinton Portis' rookie year, when Shanahan started Olandis Gary the first 4 games, and that was due to 3 fumbles in a preseason game by Portis that shook Shanahan's confidence and postponed his #1 RB status, but even then everyone knew that it was only a matter of time before Portis started.

That said, I still have great concerns about DEN's ability to run the ball inside with T Bell running the football, and running inside sets the table for the rest of the offense, including getting Plummer on the run in rollouts, where he is most effective. If other teams don't respect the inside run, they'll overload the edges, which will reduce T Bell's effectiveness & hem in Plummer. The only possible excuse I can think of is that Shanahan knew before the game started that he wouldn't be able to run the ball effectively inside with NE's massive D-line and their running the 3-4 as part of their D package, so he decided to concede that part of the offensive game plan - though he did run T Bell inside early (which was repeatedly stuffed for little to no gain).

As far as M Bell is concerned, I think he is still worth holding on a FF roster. He showed in camp that he can compete for the #1 RB spot, and T Bell already has an extensive injury resume despite his short time in the league. T Bell was cramping up and struggling physically in the second half at times - and his stamina was part of the reason that he was considered a CoP RB right up until last night.

Props to T Bell for his performance last night. He did well and sustained enough of a running game to allow the D to get rest and set up the pass by keeping Harrison looking for the run. I was fooled for sure about how much work he'd get, but IMNHSO the jury is still out as to whether T Bell is the full-time answer at RB. DEN has to establish an inside running game, and T Bell did not impress me much, just like he hasn't shown in the past, in his ability to run the 1 to 4 hole and navigate effectively through trash.

AS a DEN fan, though, I am relieved to see Shanahan settle on one RB. The rotating RBs wasn't working.

Edited by Bronco Billy