[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You guys were right about McNabb....

i_am_the_swammi

Yep, he really showed that tough San Fran defense how to play the game. :D

And before that, he spanked that top ranked Houston defense around.

Dude, screw the ballot, put the man in the Hall of Fame already.

:D

Yep, he really showed that tough San Fran defense how to play the game. :D

And before that, he spanked that top ranked Houston defense around.

Dude, screw the ballot, put the man in the Hall of Fame already.

Like I said, thank goodness there are football geniuses like you who told everyone that McNabb can't play without a top WR....your insight is fascinating and thought provoking.

BTW, how badly did the team that started McNabb against you crush you by? :D

Like I said, thank goodness there are football geniuses like you who told everyone that McNabb can't play without a top WR....your insight is fascinating and thought provoking.

BTW, how badly did the team that started McNabb against you crush you by? :D

No problem, I'm here to guide you. It's all good. I'm glad I could help. :lol:

Just trying to make a point. He put up some decent numbers against 2 VERY weak defenses, and 1 defense that is apparently a lot worse than we thought. I wouldn't be getting my Super Bowl tickets just yet, that's my point. And no, I didn't play against him, and I certainly would have recommended starting him this week against a terrible SF pass defense.

So, since you're a Philly fan, and I probably confused you with my words, I'll make it a little easier for you to understand: :D

:lol:

The niners secondary stinks, and I hope they devote high draft picks to their DB's next year.

That said, McNabb may be alot like A Rod is to baseball. He'll do well when he's not needed, but has yet to come up big in the clutch (or postseason).

The niners secondary stinks, and I hope they devote high draft picks to their DB's next year.

That said, McNabb may be alot like A Rod is to baseball. He'll do well when he's not needed, but has yet to come up big in the clutch (or postseason).

Eagles have never won a playoff game because of him....ever...

Yep, you're genius-like too like your post this morning:

i_am_the_swammi Today, 7:04 AM Post #6

Huddler

Member No.: 7,090

QUOTE(Dbaxx @ 9/24/06 9:45am)

Dbaxx says:

Pitt: 34

Cinci: 31

lol...Pitt couldn't score 34 points if they were playing the Titans. And Cincy won't be able to put 31 on the Steelers defense, either.

Swammi says:

Cincy 19, Steelers 16

--------------------

I once knew a guy named Peter Guzzenya....amazing what parents will do.

Eagles have never won a playoff game because of him....ever...

When he isnt puking, choking or having an anxiety attack he does quite well..He is lighting up some suspect Defenses so far..Ill never deny he is a talented qb but id like to see his numbers vs a few great defenses this year..Apparently the Giants D is a little suspect as Hass exhibited today..Im not saying Donovans play is all relative to the teams he has played before since he has always been a pretty good regular season qb but to start a thread chirping about him is a little premature.

Yep, you're genius-like too like your post this morning:

QUOTE(Dbaxx @ 9/24/06 9:45am)

Dbaxx says:

Pitt: 34

Cinci: 31

lol...Pitt couldn't score 34 points if they were playing the Titans. And Cincy won't be able to put 31 on the Steelers defense, either.

Swammi says:

Cincy 19, Steelers 16

You had Pitt scoring 34...they scored a little more than half of that prediction.

You had Cincy scoring 31. I said 19. They scored 28.

I had Pitt scoring 16...they scored 20.

You had Pitt winning. I had Cincy winning.

Am I missing something? I gave him the team that won( and covered :D).

When he isnt puking, choking or having an anxiety attack he does quite well..He is lighting up some suspect Defenses so far..Ill never deny he is a talented qb but id like to see his numbers vs a few great defenses this year..Apparently the Giants D is a little suspect as Hass exhibited today..Im not saying Donovans play is all relative to the teams he has played before since he has always been a pretty good regular season qb but to start a thread chirping about him is a little premature.

true, but the Giants always play us tough....they didn't look so tough last week...

they can sling the ball when they have to...but by then, it should be too late....

When healthy, Donovan McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league. I_Am_The_Swammi is acting like everyone was writing off McNabb in the pre-season. I certainly wasn't. I didn't pick the Eagles to do well, but, it had little to do with McNabb. At this point in the season, I can admit that I DID under-rate the Eagles. They are better than I thought they would be. That said, I still see the Cowboys winning this division. The Eagles are definitely going to be in the hunt for the playoffs, and I had to predict right now, I'd say they get in as a wild-card.

However, based on the small amount of posts I've seen from I_Am_The_Swammi........ I think even I can call him a blind-a$$ homer.......... :D

When healthy, Donovan McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league. I_Am_The_Swammi is acting like everyone was writing off McNabb in the pre-season. I certainly wasn't. I didn't pick the Eagles to do well, but, it had little to do with McNabb. At this point in the season, I can admit that I DID under-rate the Eagles. They are better than I thought they would be. That said, I still see the Cowboys winning this division. The Eagles are definitely going to be in the hunt for the playoffs, and I had to predict right now, I'd say they get in as a wild-card.

However, based on the small amount of posts I've seen from I_Am_The_Swammi........ I think even I can call him a blind-a$$ homer.......... :D

Not everyone...that's why I addressed the post to those that DID write him off, and the Eagles off, for not having a #1 WR. Just a little sarcasm.

But there WERE numerous threads in the preseason (Eagles discussions, NFC East discussions, McNabb discussions) that included many posts, from many posters, that said the Eagles would finish last, that McNabb was overrated, that the Eagles receiving options were lousy, that McNabb is not the mobile Qb he once was and won't be able to avoid a heavy rush,...etc.

Just thought I'd get a thread going that re-opened this discussion now that we are 3 weeks into the season, and we have seen what the Eagles offense is capable of (with and without its new #1 WR, Stallworth (did I really write that?). Granted it was against 3 mediocre (at best) defenses...but I think it proved that when the Eagles play these 7-9/8-8 type teams, they can pile on the points. Will they be more limited when they play a good defense? Sure they will, just as anyone would.

Again, the point of the thread was to poke some fun at those that said the Eagles can't win, or produce, without a true #1 WR (TO, Chad, Marvin, Holt-type WR)....I think the WRs are doing just fine thus far, and with games left against the Pack, Titans, Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Skins (2), Indy and Giants (teams that have shown a penchant thus far of giving up yards via the air), thre should be plenty of chances to add to their current #1-offensive stats. The toughest defenses they have left are the Jags (home) and Falcons (home), and perhaps the Cowboys (2x), though the jury might still be out on them....they did give up 24 to the Jags.

And that's not homerism, menudo. Just excitement.

I was hoping to get McNabb wit the 30th/31st pick in our league, but he was snapped up a couple picks before I had my chance (keeper league so less talent to be drafted each year). But I am glad to see that Donovan is back and playing well.

Mind you, this is the 49ers D we are talking about, they seem to be a great ongoing fantasy matchup for your starters over the rest of this season.

I though McNabb would do good this year as a fantasy QB, though I don't think McNabb is a great QB. I even believe I said he'd be a top 5 and possibly a top 3 fantasy QBI think the offense with all the little dump passes to Westy really inflate his numbers. That being said, I don't think is much above average when it comes to NFL QB's where fantasy statistics are not considered.

Um, those posts were before Philly added a legit Wr to that team as the Birds didnt have Stallworth who is by far their best Wr on the roster, and before yesterdays DNP, was putting up the best fantasy numbers of any WR in the league. So they made a trade, got a weapon. Stallworth upgrades this offense in so many ways. First he is speed, and can stretch the defense, second he allows teams to not put their #1 CB on Reggie Brown, who would probably be catchless to date if that was the case, and teams could put the other Cb on LJ Smith, leaving a nickel for whatever other crap they put out at WR. The addition of Stallworth was after many if not all of the posts this idiot is crying about. That and the fact, they have played 3 teams under 500, and lost to one of those at home, chocking a huge lead. Im still not convinced Philly is worth a sh**t, and as I expected Washington is much worse than Philly, thus I predicted Philly to finish 3rd in thedivision. I stand by that claim.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Um, those posts were before Philly added a legit Wr to that team as the Birds didnt have Stallworth who is by far their best Wr on the roster, and before yesterdays DNP, was putting up the best fantasy numbers of any WR in the league. So they made a trade, got a weapon. Stallworth upgrades this offense in so many ways. First he is speed, and can stretch the defense, second he allows teams to not put their #1 CB on Reggie Brown, who would probably be catchless to date if that was the case, and teams could put the other Cb on LJ Smith, leaving a nickel for whatever other crap they put out at WR. The addition of Stallworth was after many if not all of the posts this idiot is crying about. That and the fact, they have played 3 teams under 500, and lost to one of those at home, chocking a huge lead. Im still not convinced Philly is worth a sh**t, and as I expected Washington is much worse than Philly, thus I predicted Philly to finish 3rd in thedivision. I stand by that claim.

Thanks for reminding me which dopes this saracstic thread was originally intended for....

Stallworth was considered by many to be a bust, a flop in NO who was injury-prone and would disappear for games at a time. Very similar to Lelie, who many in Philly pined for. Lelie is still a bust, but now Stallworth is a "legit" WR? Why do you think that is?

Brown received not only the cover-corner yesterday, but double-coverage on numerous occasions....106 yds, TD, and would have been even more had McNabb not underthrown him a tad on the opening flea-flicker.

LJ Smith went over 100 yards last week with Stallworth in the game...he scored yesterday without him. Westbrook was MORE productive in the passing game yesterday without Stallworth, too. Again, why do you think that is?

Your answer is the same reason why I have stated, even before they acquired Stallworth, that the Eagles offense would be fine at WR, and the offense would produce none-the-less. The system works, and the playmaker at QB is the reason why...see Mike McMahon last year if you have any doubts as to whether "just any" QB can excel in this offense.