[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You guys were right about McNabb....

i_am_the_swammi

Let McNabb's actions on the field speak for themselves. He has been a top 5-10 QB in this league for the past handful of years and people still love to question it. Just the ugly nature of some people. :D

:D

:cough Rush Limbaugh :cough

McNabb was able to lead an Eagles offense with zero talent at the other skill positions (Todd Pinkston, Torrance Small, etc.) to the playoffs in his first full season. He picked up Andy Reid's highly-complex offense in just one year and hasn't had the benefit of a solid running game for most of his tenure there. Despite all of his stupid TV commercials, he doesn't deserve the vast majority of the crap that's slinged his way.

Not everyone...that's why I addressed the post to those that DID write him off, and the Eagles off, for not having a #1 WR. Just a little sarcasm.

But there WERE numerous threads in the preseason (Eagles discussions, NFC East discussions, McNabb discussions) that included many posts, from many posters, that said the Eagles would finish last, that McNabb was overrated, that the Eagles receiving options were lousy, that McNabb is not the mobile Qb he once was and won't be able to avoid a heavy rush,...etc.

Just thought I'd get a thread going that re-opened this discussion now that we are 3 weeks into the season, and we have seen what the Eagles offense is capable of (with and without its new #1 WR, Stallworth (did I really write that?). Granted it was against 3 mediocre (at best) defenses...but I think it proved that when the Eagles play these 7-9/8-8 type teams, they can pile on the points. Will they be more limited when they play a good defense? Sure they will, just as anyone would.

Again, the point of the thread was to poke some fun at those that said the Eagles can't win, or produce, without a true #1 WR (TO, Chad, Marvin, Holt-type WR)....I think the WRs are doing just fine thus far, and with games left against the Pack, Titans, Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Skins (2), Indy and Giants (teams that have shown a penchant thus far of giving up yards via the air), thre should be plenty of chances to add to their current #1-offensive stats. The toughest defenses they have left are the Jags (home) and Falcons (home), and perhaps the Cowboys (2x), though the jury might still be out on them....they did give up 24 to the Jags.

And that's not homerism, menudo. Just excitement.

It's all good. You have every right to be excited, as your team is playing pretty good football. I picked the Eagles to come in last, prior to the Stallworth pickup. I was one of the few that praised the Eagles big-time for 'stealing' Stallworth and predicted he would do well. Even I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. This very well could be a playoff team, and I didn't think that before the season began.

the thing is...yeah, the eagles have been playing not-so-great competition, but they've been kicking ass so thoroughly they've basically just been coasting home the second half of all of their games (and it cost them the game against the gints :D ). so basically, through 3 games mcnabb has been the #1 fantasy QB in the league playing only 3 halves of full-throttle football. so, as someone who owns mcnabb in 3 of 5 leagues this year, i'm as anxious as a lot of you doubters to see him play a team good enough to keep it close the whole game.