[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NE's O looks bad

giantsfan

Bad calls happen, no doubt. Any time humans are involved, errors go with their judgment. However, I have found that in the really close calls - where they are making judgments at real time speed and not after numerous varied-angles replays at super slomo - that they get the close calls right a lot more often than not. I have also found that most claims of bad calls have been a result of biased fans who either see what they want to see rather than what really happened and/or simply don't understand the rules of the game.

That said, I firmly agree that the officals ought to be full time guys, and that they ought to be judged weekly on their performance and disciplined accordingly when they screw up (and when I say screw up, I mean either misinterpret the rules, or call something that didn't actually occur - not the converse where they miss something, unless it becomes a regularly repeated issue).

:D +1

Move over Seattle fans, this guy is the biggest :D every.....

He once made this statement, so, I'm not surprised.

most peoples teams "just lose"...thing is..the patriots dont "just lose" unless they are severly banged up or the victims of horrible officiating :D

haha menudo...yer a funny guy...i think people should really go back and check that thread....cause you posted a boxscore to a steelers victory over the patriots and asked "what was it that day"...and i told you there was no corey dillon or deion branch...who went on to ruin you at heinz field in the afc title game...and you said nothing

haha menudo...yer a funny guy...i think people should really go back and check that thread....cause you posted a boxscore to a steelers victory over the patriots and asked "what was it that day"...and i told you there was no corey dillon or deion branch...who went on to ruin you at heinz field in the afc title game...and you said nothing

What does that have to do with this ?

Your posts in this thread speak for themself. :D

haha yeah i know

"what does that have to do with his"

You made a good point in that old thread....are you happy ? They did have two impact players hurt. Now, where were we ?

Oh yeah, your comeback to the team that just beat you was 'Oh yeah, your team still sucks and is going no where' :D

You made a good point in that old thread....are you happy ? They did have two impact players hurt. Now, where were we ?

Oh yeah, your comeback to the team that just beat you was 'Oh yeah, your team still sucks and is going no where' :D

menudo..i truely envy you....i wish i could come on these boards and make a post when my team loses "we got beat..im here for my medicine"....yer a real man...very noble...yer a standup guy

isnt that what you are looking for when you make those posts?...sorry...i just dont long for the respect of the huddlers like you do...me, i say what i feel

i would like to thank your steelers for making me some money yesterday though, and allowing carson to put up some nice points

and the broncos are going nowhere

menudo..i truely envy you....i wish i could come on these boards and make a post when my team loses "we got beat..im here for my medicine"....yer a real man...very noble...yer a standup guy

isnt that what you are looking for when you make those posts?...sorry...i just dont long for the respect of the huddlers like you do...me, i say what i feel

i would like to thank your steelers for making me some money yesterday though, and allowing carson to put up some nice points

and the broncos are going nowhere

Can I please have your respect ?

:D

You made a statement that a child makes when they lose at marbles.

You also said that your team never loses unless the officiating is awful or your team is injured.

Both are equally laughable.

Can I please have your respect ?

You made a statement that a child makes when they lose at marbles.

You also said that your team never loses unless the officiating is awful or your team is injured.

Both are equally laughable.

menudo...my comment was made in gest...i was kidding...but i still firmly believe that the divisional round game was officiated horribly...and last nights game had some terrible calls as well

but hey lemme make a post saying congrats to the broncos so everyone gives me props and think im a class act

"hey wow that forever in debt to mo lewis...that guy hes cool...when his team loses he mans up and says they were outplayed...i like that guy"

menudo...my comment was made in gest...i was kidding...but i still firmly believe that the divisional round game was officiated horribly...and last nights game had some terrible calls as well

but hey lemme make a post saying congrats to the broncos so everyone gives me props and think im a class act

"hey wow that forever in debt to mo lewis...that guy hes cool...when his team loses he mans up and says they were outplayed...i like that guy"

hey everybody look at me...im going to suck up to saints fans now with my new avatar...im going to show everyone how much i care and people will respect me and say that im a class act!

hey everybody look at me...im going to suck up to saints fans now with my new avatar...im going to show everyone how much i care and people will respect me and say that im a class act!

I agree, the Saints avatar thing is kind of lame.

When NE signed a couple guys on the cheap (Brady and Seymour), everyone praised these guys for taking less than market value in order to help the team.

I said at the time that I wondered what would happen when they stopped winning Super Bowls.

Players are now not willing to take less.

And I'm guessing guys that did will soon be wishing they hadn't.

I mean, why sign for less if the team isn't willing to bring back key members? Especially when they have the cap space?

Maybe because there are other key guys who they are going to be needing to spend the money on? I can't believe you think they're just holding onto the cash for no reason. When have you ever known them not to have a Plan? I don't disagree that this may well be a down year for them, but your analysis is flawed.

I agree, the Saints avatar thing is kind of lame.

I'm proud of the Saints avatar that I made and so many are using. I read the article on ESPN, and was moved by it, so I decided to show my support.

When Givens walked in the free agent period, it was seen as a blow, but that the Titans may have overpaid. He's a late round pick who FINISHED his rookie contract and hit the big payday with a very bad team....Good for him.

The Branch issue has hurt, no doubt. Without Jackson in there, there were very few open receivers last night. Jackson has an explosiveness that no other receiver on the squad has. The issue with Branch though, is he held out under contract, demanding a new contract. How many WRs have done this recently and still played with that team the same year? Walker???? Lelie???? McCardell w/ Bucs??? I don't think any of them have.

It's not like the Pats did anything out of the ordinary. The problem is they could have spent a second round pick and got something better than Gabriel for a 4th (like hmmm, maybe a Walker type that they just watched light them up).

And as far as Brady and Seymour on the cheap. It's hard to find contract structure, but I found the following on rotowold...

Here is Seymours deal.

Notice that $24 of the $30 million is guarenteed, that means he's probably going to see every cent of that contract. And the space the Pats have on the cap now, it's thought that some of the 18.6 roster bonus for 2007 will be pulled in and applied to this years cap.

Compare that to Kearse, which appears that only $16M of the $66M is guarenteed. Is he going to see the money slated for 2009, 2010, or 2011?

Now Brady signed a six-year, $60 million extension on 05/07/2005. Brady will receive $26.5 million in bonus money in the first two years of the contract. I know that doesn't compare to Manning's 7yr, 99.2M deal, but Peyton needs to be the highest paid, throw the most touchdowns, and basically be the next Dan Marino. The problem, at least this year with the Pats, is Brady took a deal thinking the Pats would spend to the cap and supply him with legitimate #1 and #2 receivers. And sadly, it just isn't the case.

Brady had 3 SB rings when it was time to renegotiate right? And he signed a deal less than Manning. Vick had also signed an even bigger contract than Manning. Brady took less, everyone patted him on the back for it. What do they do with the extra cash? Let Vinatieri walk. Trade SB MVP Deion Branch. Watch Willie McGinest leave. And David Givens. At what point do they spend that money?

Wasn't Rodney Harrison making some noise about renegotiating before he blew out his knee last year?

The only two guys they've paid are Seymour and Brady.

Edited by CaptainHook

Maybe because there are other key guys who they are going to be needing to spend the money on? I can't believe you think they're just holding onto the cash for no reason. When have you ever known them not to have a Plan? I don't disagree that this may well be a down year for them, but your analysis is flawed.

Right now. They have no plan. They screwed up. Big time. It's PAINFULLY obvious to EVERYONE but the hardest-core of NE homers. Even Brady knows it.

Brady had 3 SB rings when it was time to renegotiate right? And he signed a deal less than Manning. Vick had also signed an even bigger contract than Manning. Brady took less, everyone patted him on the back for it. What do they do with the extra cash? Let Vinatieri walk. Trade SB MVP Deion Branch. Watch Willie McGinest leave. And David Givens. At what point do they spend that money?

Wasn't Rodney Harrison making some noise about renegotiating before he blew out his knee last year?

The only two guys they've paid are Seymour and Brady.

Absolutely PERFECTLY stated. Bill Belichik seems to have some sort of ego where he thinks it's a priviledge to work with him and his over achieving blue collar team of perfection.

You can be "The Architect". You can be a football God and Genius. You can be DESTINED for the Hall of Fame, but at the end of the day, you still need solid players to execute your "blueprint" of success, and in this day and age, you gotta pay for those players. Players are more than happy to goto a Titans team and make GARJILLIONS and worry about a superbowl 10 years down the line.

edit: And of those two that they've paid, Brady is UNDER PAID. What a joke. The more I think about it, the more asinine it becomes.

Edited by LooGie