[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think Westbrook has reached his peak value?

scuba chuck

I am thinking the same thing and wondering what his trade value is. I'd like to swing Westy for a Chester Taylor type and a WR if possible. Gore was also in my thinking before today... :D

I hate having guys like Westbrook and Fred Taylor on my team, I just thought the value was too good and that he was healthier.

I am thinking the same thing and wondering what his trade value is. I'd like to swing Westy for a Chester Taylor type and a WR if possible. Gore was also in my thinking before today... :D

I hate having guys like Westbrook and Fred Taylor on my team, I just thought the value was too good and that he was healthier.

How healthy do you want him? Three TDs and 164 combined yards not enough for you? :D

In my local's scoring, which heavily favors receiving backs, it's a no brainer to keep Westbrook.

In other formats, I think it depends on what you think is really going on with his knee. If you believe the reports that his knee is structurally sound and that the problems are due to a brace for an old injury, I think you hold. He's the best weapon McNabb has. If you believe the reports that he has chronic cartilage damage and is bone-on-bone, you move him immediately. Having said that, I don't see how you do what he did today if you are bone-on-bone.

Looking ahead, I see Tennessee and a bunch of solid defenses looming ahead. But Westbrook's a talented back, both carrying and receiving and has a chance for a good game any week.

This sounds indecisive, but it comes down to your format, your belief about his knee, and your tolerance for risk.

Edited by BadgerBacker

In my local's scoring, which heavily favors receiving backs, it's a no brainer to keep Westbrook.

In other formats, I think it depends on what you think is really going on with his knee. If you believe the reports that his knee is structurally sound and that the problems are due to a brace for an old injury, I think you hold. He's the best weapon McNabb has. If you believe the reports that he has chronic cartilage damage and is bone-on-bone, you move him immediately. Having said that, I don't see how you do what he did today if you are bone-on-bone.

Looking ahead, I see Tennessee and a bunch of solid defenses looming ahead. But Westbrook's a talented back, both carrying and receiving and has a chance for a good game any week.

This sounds indecisive, but it comes down to your format, your belief about his knee, and your tolerance for risk.

Thanks for laying all the good info out there, 'Backer. Couldn't agree more as a Westy owner. Here's some more to consider:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported yesterday (I guess this was Thursday or Friday): "One reason Westbrook still is listed as questionable is that neither he nor the Eagles know how the knee will respond to the cross-country flight." Westbrook told reporters Friday afternoon that "it [the knee] doesn't worry me at all."

Interesting. I am on the brace bandwagon as I think he may miss a game but will prove to be instrumental in getting the Eagles into playoff contention. Especially valuable in my PPR format and would probably only give him up for a super stud (and only then probably LT)

Really? They play Green Bay, Tennessee, New Orleans, Carolina and Tampa. They have two games against the Cowboys, two against Washington, and another against the Giants. There is not a Top-10 defense of that bunch.

Their tough games include Jacksonville (home), Atlanta (home, Week 17), and Indy on the road in what will be a high-scoring affair.

So contrary to your thinking, he might have the easiest schedule of any top RB out there.

Did you guys see that 71 yard run? Geez... Westy got into the secondary and was GONE. Only one guy in his way, and he gave him the stiffarm to the face. Yeah... I don't think you run that fast with a 'bone-on-bone' condition.

Glad I played him this week... figure he went through Friday's walk-through, he was good to go. :D

His value ain't gonna get any higher... however, you'll have to trade him at a discount given his injury concerns... IMO it's not worth it b/c you know how he can produce when at least healthy enough to be on the field.

Therefore, I believe the most prudent move is simply to pick up Buckhalter and pray!

Sheppard will practice this week to test ankle

By Marc Narducci

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard who has missed the last two games with a right ankle sprain, will practice this week.

That was the most significant announcement that Eagles coach Andy Reid made during today's news conference at the Nova Care Complex.

Sheppard injured the ankle in the Eagles' opening game against the Houston during the first series.

"Lito will have a chance to practice this week and see where he is at and how fast he will be going," Reid said.

For an injury-plagued secondary, that is positive news for the Eagles.

Cornerback Roderick Hood, who replaced Sheppard in the starting lineup, still is bothered by a heel strain. Hood played in Sunday's 38-24 win over the San Francisco 49ers, but pulled himself early in the fourth quarter when the pain became unbearable.

"Rod gave everything he had," Reid said. "It was limited and he went out and played his heart out."

Reid said that running back Brian Westbrook, who has suffered from knee inflammation the past two weeks, came out of the game feeling good.

Safety Sean Considine had an MRI which revealed a mild strain of his hip flexor and he is day to day.

Safety Brian Dawkins has a concussion. "He seems to be doing fairly well," Reid said.

In addition, tight end L.J. Smith has a shoulder sprain, an injury that has been plaguing him the past few weeks.

Reid said that wide receiver Donté Stallworth is getting better from his hamstring spasm that sidelined him from Sunday's game.

Strong safety Michael Lewis, who suffered a quad contusion against the 49ers, was feeling good, according to Reid.

Added to the injury list is wide receiver Reggie Brown, who has a quad spasm, but Reid said he should be fine. Also added was offensive tackle William Thomas, who has a foot strain.

The Eagles, who don't play until Monday when they host the Green Bay Packers at Lincoln Financial Field, will have Tuesday and Wednesday off.

I don't agree, every week he performs, his critics become fewer.

About two seasons ago a guy named Tiki got off to a hot start. It was a precurser of a two year run. Both years his performance was discounted for various reasons. Both years he was a massive value pick. Both years he was thee key to our league championships.

If you get a great offer, take it. If not, stand pat. He's probably most teams #2 RB and if he stays healthy your gonna be golden

I think his success continues ( again provided his injury does not get worse ) ...and i think he has a huge Monday night game this week vs GB

after this week ( if he puts up great #'s ) then you may want to try and get something in return that fits your team best long term ...

overall the value after this week should be at its highest for Westbrook

I think his success continues ( again provided his injury does not get worse ) ...and i think he has a huge Monday night game this week vs GB

after this week ( if he puts up great #'s ) then you may want to try and get something in return that fits your team best long term ...

overall the value after this week should be at its highest for Westbrook

+1

In a PPR league, he has bee pure gold. Love how my RBs are turning out with Westy, Gore, and Taylor. Couldn't be happier. Bring on GB!

A couple of teams in a league of mine just made this trade:

Alexander/MoMo/Cotchery/R Moss

for

Westbrook/Roy Williams.

For some reason the guy trading SA had a hard on to get rid of him, tried sending him to about 4-5 teams I know of at least.

The guy with Alexander is also trying to trade for Westbrook in my league. In fact, he originally requested Westbrook and Bulger for an injured Alexander. The gaul!

It is and I might jump on it next week but I didn't want to bail him out this week. His only other decent back is Parker (bye) and I want to see him rot in the celler. He couldn't even pick up MOMO cause his oponent this week outbid him in a major kinda way ($80) He also got outbid on Mojo Drew. His starting backfield tommorrow is B. Jackobs and M. Barber, ouch! His fault for not locking up the handcuff and now our defending champion is about to be 0-4.