[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Purdue Vs. Notre Dame

Boilerduff

Last year was a disaster for Purdue, but usually these two rivals take it down to the wire. I like Notre Dame at home, but Purdue is one of those Big Ten teams that could go either way this year, and it is a rivalry game. I know one thing, Joe Tiller can coach, and he probably has a few tricks for the Irish. Irish defense still sucks btw. Purdue should be able to put a few points on the board.

I admit that ND's defense stinks. I also admit that ND isn't great this year. However, the Big Ten has 3 very good teams (Ohio State, Michigan, & Iowa) 3 average teams (Michigan State, Penn State, & Wisconson) and 5 bad teams (Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, & Northwestern). ND won't beat great teams but they will beat bad teams.

I wouldn't put Purdue in the Bad category YET. Maybe after this week, but not until they get tested. I wouldn't say Minnesota is bad. Below average yes, but you match them up with bottom feeders from other conferences (Baylor, Vanderbilt, Duke, Miss St.,) and I'd put money on Minnesota. Gophers lost a lot. There entire O line basically, the top 2 rb's on there depth chart. I agree Notre Dame should beat Purdue, I just don't think it'll be a walk in the park. Purdue will be fired up to play.

Nice game for the Boilermakers. I think those WRs look pretty legit and could be VERY effective going into next season, with more seasoning this year.

They did look good. They may even make some noise this season. Purdue shows all the signs of a team on the rise. OSU and Michigan need to take them seriously.

Iowa better be ready for them next week. Don't want what happened to Michigan State happen to us. I don't think it will, Ferentz won't let that happen like John L. Smith. Purdue and Iowa are usually a pretty tight game, at least in recent years save for last year. I know I'll never forget 2002 and Brad Banks leading the Hawks on a game winning drive in Kinnick on homecoming, hitting Dallas Clark for the winning score.

Yeah... I remember that too. That one stung.... Dissapointing game against the Irish... what the hell was that 4th and inches call to a direct snap trick play 10 yards back? Terrible call. In true Purdue Fashion they found a way to lose. They get close and then they blow it... Damn I hate the irish....

Anyway On to IOWA!!! Bring on them Hawks!

Should be another great game. Let's hope Tiller can get them Fired up and in shape.

Go Boilers!