[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warner to get yanked-Lienart era to begin

PantherDave

As a Fitzgerald and Edge owner, I think its a great call.

College is not the NFL but Leinart played at the highest level of college ball and is a proven winner.

Talent wise I think Carson Palmer is a better QB but I think Leinart could turn out to be just a notch below his former mentor. He just does not have the character that Palmer has but he could develop that. By the end of next year he will be a top 5 QB.

With the weapons he has, all they need on offence is a decent O-Line and could be the NFC West Champs next year. It maybe a little early to make such predictions but all the pieces are their and they play in a weak division.

I'm in the same boat...only Kitna and Rivers and Leinart are available. I have no idea what to do. Drop Warner for Leinart before he's scooped up tomorrow?

With those options, I'd go for Rivers. He was also highly touted coming out of college, and has the advantage of having been in the NFL the past couple years.

I don't think there is anyway Fitzgerald and Boldin will match last years numbers with Matt Leinart starting. A rookie is a rookie. I am hoping this isn't true and Warner stays in. If Lienart starts I see this as a throw in the towel season for for the Cards. Let the youth movement begin. 8 or 10 games down the road Matt might be OK but who has that long to wait for some decent productivity.

Out of all the QBs drafted this year I think Lienart was the most mature and NFL ready but he is still a rookie and will be confused by NFL defenses. Unless this guy is Dan Marino (he aint, arm strength not withstanding) this move is not good for Fitz, Boldin and Edge owners. This means max protect, with Edge staying in to block, shorter routes for the WRs, AZ gets very conservative as Lienart gets comfortable. I tell you right now I am going to put Fitz on the block to see what the other guys in my league are willing to deal in order to get him.

This is not a positive move for guys that have Cardinals on their rosters.

Funny, but as an E James owners, I don't mind this turn of events so much :D

I have Edge, Fitz and Warner in different leagues. Sheet, I even grabbed that rook TE Pope on a long shot in one. I get good and bad from this from an ff perspective.

From a football perspective, Green just quit on the season to me. No way a rookie gives you the chances Warner can to win.

Since almost all rookie QB's play like crap, I doubt it is just you.

Most starting rookie qb's start for piss poor teams. This is not an ordanary situation. Matt Leinart is not your typical rookie quarterback. having three elite players at skill positions on offense is not typical either. I think Leinart will be fine next year, and an absolute monster next year.

Honestly, I beleive Leinart can do what Warner did yesterday. Denny Green didnt just give up on the season, he is still in it and knows Warner just flat out won't get it done.

I'm not sure how I feel about this development. Just traded for Fitz in a league where I have Edge earlier this week.

But I drafted Leinart in a dynasty league.

Leinart looked great in the pre-season. IIRC, doesn't he have a photgraphic memory?

He's definitely more mobile than Warner, and behind that offensive line, that has to be a plus.

It's not like he's going to be any worse than Warner, who has fumbled 8 TIMES this year to go with his 4 interceptions.

Edited by CaptainHook

Leinart looked great in the pre-season. IIRC, doesn't he have a photgraphic memory?

He's definitely more mobile than Warner, and behind that offensive line, that has to be a plus.

It's not like he's going to be any worse than Warner, who has fumbled 8 TIMES this year to go with his 4 interceptions.

Yes, he does have photographic memory. He also mastered complex pro style offenesive system at USC

And as far as being any worse than Warner, I agree 100%. The difference is, he'll get better. Warner looks lost.

Personally, I think Leinart will do just fine... remember Denny Green's last young QB with lots of talent who was thrust into the starting role with no NFL experience? As I recall, Culpepper had a pretty damn good 1st year as the starter.

Yes, I realize Culpepper was a 2nd year player and didn't play a snap as a rookie. But Culpepper was also a lot more of a project, a lot more raw, than Leinart is as a rookie.

Let's wait and see before throwing the Leinart/Boldin/Fitz/Edge under the bus along with the Cards' season. One thing Leinart won't do... he won't single-handedly give a team a win like Warner did with his turnovers this past week.

To all those ready to drop Warner from their rosters, I say :D "WAIT"!

I don't see Leinert being the starter the rest of the season. He's a rookie and missed alot of the preseason because of a holdout. There will be a learning curve involved. Green is just impatient enough to put Warner back in if things get brutal.

Personally, I think Leinart will do just fine... remember Denny Green's last young QB with lots of talent who was thrust into the starting role with no NFL experience? As I recall, Culpepper had a pretty damn good 1st year as the starter.

Yes, I realize Culpepper was a 2nd year player and didn't play a snap as a rookie. But Culpepper was also a lot more of a project, a lot more raw, than Leinart is as a rookie.

Let's wait and see before throwing the Leinart/Boldin/Fitz/Edge under the bus along with the Cards' season. One thing Leinart won't do... he won't single-handedly give a team a win like Warner did with his turnovers this past week.

wow man. that's a BOLD statement for a rookie QB.

To all those ready to drop Warner from their rosters, I say :D "WAIT"!

I don't see Leinert being the starter the rest of the season. He's a rookie and missed alot of the preseason because of a holdout. There will be a learning curve involved. Green is just impatient enough to put Warner back in if things get brutal.

yah, i usually don't jump on a bandwagon this fast, but in one league, Delhomme was dropped to the WW :lol: and that's no big deal. But in another, I dropped Warner for Carr. :D in this league, I do get 1 point per completion..so it's nice for a QB that's playing from behind..all the time...There's alot of QBs in this league available, so it was worth a gamble...i think.

trouble is, who to pick up. I had McNair and Kitna and Leinart and A. Smith, Favre,...alot..lets just say that. I went with Carr because he's doing acceptable, and being behind alot is nice.