[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

U2 and Green Day

Chief Dick

by FAR the best musical production the NFL has ever been associated with

No kidding huh! You could feel the intensity through the tv. I had goosebumps…

I think I need to put away my Bears pride for a night. GEAUX SAINTS!

Classy Classy performance by two bands I really like a lot. I was hoping they'd play "New Years Day" or "Bullet the Blue Sky" and then Green Day would play something like "Jaded", but hey...you gotta appeal to the masses and not the fringe lunatics like me.

Cool stuff.

Edited by kwolf68

Dr. Rock. Im with you on so many levels in that post, but this isn't the place to discuss the musical industry and the role of fashion and image within it. It took me a long time to warm up to Green Day...I think what won me over is while they are not hardcore, they do make some pretty damn good music. I just had to throw up my hands and go with it.

As far as them being punk rock, that is a debate that will rage on for many forever, but as a punk rock (and any music really) fan I have to say they are punk...they are more popular and richer than any punk band ever, but they are still punk...they still have the attitude in my view.