[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints -Falcons

HowboutthemCowboys

Forget respect - all things being equal, your 240 lb RB has a MUCH better chance of pounding it in than your 200 lb back does. Common freakin' sense.

Especially since Deuce is a fine athlete in his own right, not just some lumbering stiff.

Oh 1000% true. But winning the game pretty easily and the crowd wanting to see a Bush TD I just don't think it was a huge deal. Maybe not the 1000% right call, and Deuce will get like 99% of the GL carries but trying to get Bush a TD in his first home game isn't a huge issue IMO. And not something you can really get on the coaching staff aboit IMO. Now if Bush was the GL back everytime then you'd be right on.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm saying is that Payton should have taken his best chance to make it 27-3; and that best chance within the 5 is NOT Reggie Bush. Not if you're running it, at least.

I agree with the Bush is not your best option inside the 5. WHICH is why 99% of the time Deuce gets the all there. My point is if every now and then, and especially tonight, Bush gets a try so what.

Falcons are just flat, big-time getting outplayed tonight...on both sides of the ball.

Wish they were giving a better game for the fans, especially considering this is a Nationally televised game. :D

Maybe they are selflessly doing their part to give the New Orleans residents PLENTY to cheer about.

I agree with the Bush is not your best option inside the 5. WHICH is why 99% of the time Deuce gets the all there. My point is if every now and then, and especially tonight, Bush gets a try so what.

I think the problem is that they ran him up the middle twice. If you are going to give Reggie Bush the ball down there get him outside or swing a pass to him outside. Give him room to create something.

I will say this though, sometimes when you watch Atl play and see Vick throw like 90% of his passes to Crump you wonder how this O scores any points. Simply put of you can contain Vick from running you can tottaly shut down this O. He is not a good passer.

:D

I will say this though, sometimes when you watch Atl play and see Vick throw like 90% of his passes to Crump you wonder how this O scores any points. Simply put of you can contain Vick from running you can tottaly shut down this O. He is not a good passer.

I agree with you 100%. The thing is, that is a big "IF".......

It certainly is. But seeing games like this it makes me know why I think Atl will never make the SB with him at QB.

I've heard that sort of thing said alot, and I don't want to get this topic switched into a debate about Vick, but he did lead the team to being one game away (NFC Championship) the year before last, and I have seen what I thought to be lesser QB's make it to the Superbowl and even win it....... I'm just saying........

It certainly is. But seeing games like this it makes me know why I think Atl will never make the SB with him at QB.

IF he strings together a couple, three of his insanely good games, he could single-handedly win the SB. But that's all about timing.

IF he strings together a couple, three of his insanely good games, he could single-handedly win the SB. But that's all about timing.

Very true. I guess I just don't think that he can beat two or three good D's in a row to get to the SB. At the very least I 100% know he needs to get HF if he wants to have a shot. But again lets not make this about Vick. The whole team didn't show up tonight. Not all Vick that's for sure.

Edited by giantsfan

Maybe they are selflessly doing their part to give the New Orleans residents PLENTY to cheer about.

I'm not in any way downplaying what NO has gone through in the past year and a half in the least bit; however, in the NFL, one single football game can be the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. I would hope that neither team went into this game with the expectation that they will be given a win, or a loss for that matter. Aside from what has happened in NO, I would only hope the Falcons did not simply give this team a win out of a selfless act of giving.

A selfless act of giving would be to offer support with money, income, and physically helping rebuild the city. But when it comes down to playing a game of football; let the best team win, not the team who deserves the win. So, if what you said is indeed true, I hope it never leaks out to where it's actually mentioned in the press. Which I doubt it will, if in fact this game were handed, selflessly, to the NO Saints. That would by every means ruin the intregrity of the game of football. Forever destroying the sports true competitive nature. Nothing is given in life. It's earned.

No doubt, the NO Saints have earned the right to have a Monday Night Football game played at their stadium, offering them hope that not only their economy will continue to improve, but that their team will continue to improve. But that doesn't mean they guarantee deserve a win. No team deserves a win simply because of where they live.

I hope people don't take this the wrong way, because like I said earlier, I am in no way downplaying what New Orleans has gone through to get to this point, but that doesn't make it right to hand them a victory... simply because some people think they deserve it.

On another note, if what I've mentioned is all BS and this team is as good as it has shown to be: WOW. Good job Saints for putting together a team with this sort of will, and talent, that could possibly make it deep into the playoffs! :D:D

lets not make this about Vick. The whole team didn't show up tonight. Not all Vick that's for sure.

Very true - I don't recall the Falcs putting him in as their long-snapper on punts or at DT to stop runs up the gut.

If there is any guilt to throw on the side of the Falcons, I'd have to vote for the Offensive line.....or the special teams.....but, that O-line has just let the Saints D' pour through. Vick, even if he is a poor passer, has had no time at all to throw (even though it would still be off target) !!!!!!

when it comes down to playing a game of football; let the best team win, not the team who deserves the win. So, if what you said is indeed true, I hope it never leaks out to where it's actually mentioned in the press. Which I doubt it will, if in fact this game were handed, selflessly, to the NO Saints.

Dude, I was TOTALLY making a joke.