[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson has a fragile psyche?

Randall

RB Benson A Distraction?

David Haugh, Chicago Tribune -

The Bears players joyfully paraded off the Metrodome field Sunday after their 19-16 comeback victory. The lone exception was RB Cedric Benson. He moped around so obviously that you wondered whether he could become a nuisance in the locker room. The contrast between Benson and his jubilant teammates was so noticeable that HC Lovie Smith, assistant Darryl Drake and team chaplain Harry Swayne separately attempted to raise Benson's spirits on the walk off the field. It suggested how fragile Benson's psyche is and that the Bears know it.

I heard a rumor that his wife is a real pain in the a$$ and gets herself too involved in her husband's career. She might end up getting him traded elsewhere.

Mrs. Benson

That was awesome. :D

so is this:

http://www.annabenson.net/ask_anna.htm

But the person most upset is probably his father:

Benson's Dad

Edited by quantegy

He's a prima donna that may or may not make it in the NFL! Kickers can afford an attitude, RB's can't! He had $ signs in his eyes and is still paying the price for it. Lovie is a good coach and he WILL play the best player (best player = ability+attitude+accomplishments). Right now that's TJ. If Benson doesn't get his head straight and keeps whining, his butt will have a lot of splinters.

I heard a rumor that his wife is a real pain in the a$$ and gets herself too involved in her husband's career. She might end up getting him traded elsewhere.

Mrs. Benson

At least SHE is way HOTTER than Mrs. Kurt Warner!!! :D

Damn typo

Edited by XFlash

You think he was crying because of his upcoming paycheck, or that he was happy he was drafted?

Vernon Davis balled like a baby. I don't see how either instance makes them selfish.

Davis was crying because he was happy.

IIRC, Benson was upset. He thought some teams had lied to him about where he would be drafted.

I never implied he was selfish, just that he had a "fragile psyche" as alluded to in the thread's title.

In hearing Lovie's comments after the game, they were asked why he didn't put Benson in at all.

His standard Lovie-speak answer was something to the effect of "we played with our best players today".

Best case scenario for him is an injury to TJ and even then, he would split time with Peterson..and then next year, it's his job.

You think he was crying because of his upcoming paycheck, or that he was happy he was drafted?

Vernon Davis balled like a baby. I don't see how either instance makes them selfish.

Pope,

read below.

Davis was crying because he was happy.

IIRC, Benson was upset. He thought some teams had lied to him about where he would be drafted.

My old brain can't remember the exact circumstances, but Capt's eval. is pretty close. None the less, He was NOT happy to be a Bear.

In hearing Lovie's comments after the game, they were asked why he didn't put Benson in at all.

His standard Lovie-speak answer was something to the effect of "we played with our best players today".

Best case scenario for him is an injury to TJ and even then, he would split time with Peterson..and then next year, it's his job.

Very plausible.